NSR: Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they will not - [23]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Post pics dude, you gonna be one elephant-man beast!!!

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You looser!

I'm surprised Skizz actually deleted that post! hahaha!

appleCORR

3. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    yea man, bigg deleting links to hotties, how the pervy have fallen:p

apps quit lying, you know you diggin Case's new Beckham-do!

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Hey...I assessed the site, they weren't that hot. :p

5. bassboi

bassboi Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    skizz,
    wait, what no more limits on threads!?!?!?! man, things keep on changing around here, and to think I thought my thread name was clever....

6. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had my op yesterday. Went under general anaesthetic, and they had serious trouble getting me awake again! It should have taken about 30 minutes to wake up, but it took over 2 hours! elt like I had the world's worst hangover aswell.

Today though, I feel fine and dandy. Face isn't even swollen either.

7. epsilonway-redded

Nov 18, 2009
    I am a man. I personally don't trust men.
    Usually men are very dishonest.

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah, it's up to mods to decide if threads need freshening up. It was 600 for a while but it's not a case where there will never be a new thread! :p

9. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyone else here a vegetarian or vegan? Or, is anyone else here on protein shake?

I've been a vegetarian since February, and am sick of the loss of most of my muscle! And eating a six-pack of eggs isn't my idea of a fun attempt to gain muscle.

10. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im not a vegetarian, but i just finished an exercise program called p90x which i had to follow a somewhat strict diet....which basically consisted of a sh!t-ton of protein, lots of veggies, a good amount of lean dairy and basically no carbs and sugar.

I actually found it hard to keep up with the protein requirement, so i used shakes and bars to fulfill my protein quota. since you wont be eating meat anymore but want to keep muscle mass then you need new forms of protein, and lots of it.

for the shake, this one is awesome:

[​IMG]

its called Dessert because it tastes incredibly good. well for a protein shake lol....and it comes in like 6 different flavors, all of which ive heard taste great. (i got the chocolate coconut one, tastes like an almond joy candy bar)....2 scoops is equal to about 42 g's of protein, which was 2 portions of protein for me (i was/am on a diet where i have to eat 8 portions of protein)

dont drink it with water though, because it dosn't seem to mix as well and it tastes like ten times better with skim milk....or soy milk or almond milk if you are sans-dairy.

oh and get a shaker bottle....basically a water bottle with a larger opening and should shut tight so you can shake the protein into the milk, stirring it into a glass with a fork or whatever will take waaaaaay too long.

as for bars, i eat these twice a day, once in between breakie and lunch then between lunch and dinner (eating 5 times a day as opposed to 2 or 3 boosts your metabolism)

[​IMG]

2:1 bar....the ratio of protein to carbs.
    i dunno if you care about your carb intake though, but if you are these are the best because you get a sizable amount of protein without taking on a ton of carbs.

hope that helped!

11. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Repped man - appreciate your time.

I don't think I'll be able to find that same protein shake over here, but I'll keep a lookout for it. I think I'ma go protein-shake hunting tomorrow.

Problem atm is that I'm trying to get so much food in, that I'm feeling uncomfortable and bloated much of the time, even though I'm skinny.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna go running-shoe shopping as well I think.

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    WTF happened to this OT forum? It is D.E.A.D!

13. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Well since Cristi left the prem the world is too depressed to come onto soccer related sites.....

14. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't you guys get La Liga? The arrogance of Ibrahimovic beats the entertainment value of all 20 Prem teams.

15. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this thread died when the subcategories were created. or maybe all the posters are starting to grow up and not feel the need to post every 2 seconds about their life. no wait, twitter has fulfilled that need.

and something not related, i graduate on saturday.

16. bassboi

bassboi Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Congrats on that acheivement!

On a side note, every time I see the word "cleats" I want to stab my eyes out. Cleats are some thing that attach you to your bike pedals, not something you play footy with... With the increased use of that word I decreased my time visiting the good ol' 78 forum...

17. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was dying after Ibra's celebration Saturday. He just oozes class.... :rolleyes:

18. UVaGooner

UVaGooner BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Congrats!

19. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sweet, what degree were you studying cjump?
    UVa, I just noticed that one of my mates from junior school is studying abroad, at...UVa, lol. Think he's doing philosophy or whatnot. Judging by his facebook pics, he's having one continuous booze-fest!

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Congratulations!!

I know what you mean about this thread. It used to be really popular but i just don't think a lot of the new users bother to look in this sub forum. But then again, a lot of us have facebooks and things now so we tend to see what everyone is upto!

I do miss a bit of the banter though!

appleCORR

21. UVaGooner

UVaGooner BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, I spent 6 years there (4 years undergrad and another 2 getting my Master's). I was sober for maybe 1/3 of that time!

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Top Gear - top or not?

23. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Top - Despite the fact that the whole show is rehearsed, but made to look off the cuff. I don't even have an interest in cars, yet enjoy an episode if it's on the TV.

24. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like the challenges the most. Jeremy Clarkson's jokes are always the same and are getting more and more stupid.

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Plus everything about Clarkson is annoying. BUT not as annoying as Richard Hammond! Grrrr he is a tiny little man who needs to cut his hair and get rid of that 1990's bead necklace - oh and get off my Morrisons adverts while he is at it.

appleCORR