WNT without a thread: Global catch-all

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by cloak, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Ah, the perils of google translate:

Just so we are clear, they aren't in training to be housewives. They are hosting the games in Santiago.:)

Nice find. It is interesting that three CONCACAF nations ( Aruba, Suriname, and Guyana ) will be in the ODESUR games.

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Does anybody know where I could find a site indicating the shirts numbers of the players in the Nadeshiko League ? Well, with the corresponding players' names not written in Japanese, ot it will be useless for me ;)

4. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Maybe its the wrong thread Gromit ;)

You can check the excellent An_turtar's blog Full Bloom
    and download his complete guide here.
    He update that guide during the season to reflect changes in the rosters of the team.

When using information from his blog dont forget credit him

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What was I thinking ? Of course, Full Bloom ! :oops::thumbsup:

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I've JUST realized in wich thread I was.... :eek:
    That is the result of :
    1) jumping from one notification message to another. :p
    2) bad health period :sick:

blissett repped this.
  7. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    USA beats China 2-0.

[​IMG]

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    #33 luvdagame, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    ...and the ussf promptly fire sermanni.

hell has broken loose on the usa women: news & analysis board.

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bizzare decision :confused:

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    For all the fans of Japan's WNT, don't ever make the claim that I don't appreciate Japan in the Women's Game.
    Because if that were the case, I obviously wouldn't be posting this.
    This is a treat and a tribute to one of the best stories in the history of Women's Football ..........
    Actually the history of the World. It ended up being much needed therapy for a nation.

Please Enjoy ..............................

Japan WNT (2011):
    https://mega.co.nz/#!9w5EgLbK!3Fn-pLHWj1xPSKThDM8wJlQ5DvvQ_n1UtfScZGWhsXc

blissett repped this.
  11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Is it in English? It tells me to update my browser....

Comment on Twitter by the well-known Spanish jopurnalist/blogger
    Pablo Cervantes‏:
    Anoche, 14.124 almas vieron el Portland 3-1 Kansas. Crónica: ("Last night, 14,124 souls viewed Portland 3-1 Kansas. Report:")
    http://protagonistasdeljuego.com/2014/04/mcdonald-rompe-un-buen-kansas-en-un-providence-park-de-ensueno/
    Sí, es fútbol femenino de clubes. ("Yes, this is club women's football" )
    Even if you dont read the article (the blog is the one where KAP lately writes) you just have to see this photo: pic.twitter.com/ViiGOPIBWA
    I know the USA is not "without a thread" but the smaller countries can take solace.....

By the way, also from Twitter, a totally different club game......from Ireland. The big city club is Raheny, who would have won the league with a game to spare if they had taken all 3 points. They didnt, but it looks like they tried. Look closely: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl7pZjEIgAEbexb.jpg
    This was last week. Since then, none of the players even talk about it....

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Yes it is in English.
    It aired on an American sports channel (Fox Sports 1).

mumf repped this.
  13. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Austria: Thread or no thread, the WNT reached the semi-finals of Euro 2017, causing a national phenomenon, and they had a president's reception in Vienna:

blissett repped this.
  14. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Name news from Macedonia this week - the country's official name is changing to North Macedonia. That will ease the republic's relations with Greece, which contains 'south' Macedonia and disputed the name. North Macedonia was previously the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia... but, what's in a name?

The country's women's team didn't enter the 2019 World Cup, and they've only played two games in recent years, both against neighbouring Kosovo.
    - http://macedonianfootball.com/womens-senior-team-reactivated-with-kosovo-friendlies/ (Archived)

blissett repped this.
  15. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  16. Tracer

Tracer Member

Apr 22, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Long overdue. Australia last big success was qualifing for Rio OG in Osaka tourney in 2016. Under Stajcic the Matildas were at their height at Olympics (with a bit unlucky finish in QF). Not much to show since then. Their FA needs some big success from this team fo justify their spending on WWC2023 bid. Stajcic assistant in senior NT - U20's coach Gary van Egmond (tasked I guess with finding and supplying youth talents for NT) has only one or two players to show so far...

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I remember Princess Ibini and Ellie Carpenter ad good young talents for Australia, but not much to show beyond them. Australia had a really mediocre 2018 season both at Senior and at Youth levels, and they barely kept their 6th place in World's ranking over Netherlands (and the consequent seeded-place at WWC). :coffee:

Lechus7 repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    now all the coaches that have beaten Ellis over the last couple of years have been fired or are gone! Coincidental? lol

20. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] South Africa's World Cup plan, including this week's Cyprus Cup and a U.S. trip

- https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47356538 (Archived)

21. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  22. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Cameroon (Lionnes Indomptables) were in training in the capital city, as they finalize their World Cup squad:

Football | Mondial 2019 | Les lionnes terminent leur préparation à Yaoundé
    - www.dailymotion.com/video/x78lkpr
    [​IMG]

Interview:
    Defender Estelle Johnson targets Cameroon success at Women's World Cup
    - www.bbc.com/sport/football/48322802 (Archived)

23. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  24. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Stop quoting my posts.

25. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Of course.

[​IMG] Thailand (Chaba Kaew) flew out to France for the Women's World Cup after their 2018 Asian Cup run. But they've had pre-tournament defeats: 3-0 to France minus its Lyon stars, goalless in the first half – and then an alarming 6-1 to Belgium, with an Ella van Kerkhoven hat-trick. Thailand has a squad of 23 plus 2 extra members, to let more players experience a World Cup and continue training.

[​IMG] South Africa named two uncapped players in the squad, with defender Bongeka Gamede of UWC putting her studies on hold for the WWC. The Cosafa champions are in a formidable group – if they're to do anything in their first World Cup, striker Amanda Mthandi will need goals. She got one today, but the team lost to Norway in a 7-2 fiasco.