Winter is Coming - The January Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Oct 8, 2013.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    no one is worth 100m, No-one is worth 40mil for that matter either

Daei_10 repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The rags need to make stories.

3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Actually if u think about it Torres was worth 50 million because he won chelsea the champions league whuch won Chelsea much more than the club payed for him

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it seems like most these rags are obviously ENGLISH papers and English football in the past decade has become nothing but a soap oprah. Theres more stories covered OFF the field than ON the field. Instead of talking about the game, they are more concerned about the drama, who did what, who went where, whos not getting along with the team, etc....who gives a shit what these people do? it should be about how they play the game

5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Right. Just that people with money disagree with you, you know why? Cause they have money.

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i dont give a flying ******** about people with money. No-one is worth that much

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bah... I would like to see you refuse it. Talk is cheap.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    how thick are you? that's not the point

9. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    this. but two seasons ago I finally reluctantly agreed to accept those types of figures because clubs will pay them. Like Moggi said, it all started with Chelsea and Essien.

juventino13 repped this.
  10. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I'm sure everyone read, Football-Italia had a speculative piece referencing a Tuttosport article about a potential swap between PSG and Juve for Verratti and Pogba. I love Pulpo Paul, but realistically, best case scenario, he's gone by the time he's 24. I think Verratti is a player Juve can probably lock up long term, and he is the next Pirlo. If they can make this move in the Winter, or over the Summer, it would be wise. That said, I don't think Juve can go wrong with either player, they are probably the two best midfielders in the world for the next decade. Long term solution is Verratti in my opinion. Thoughts?

http://football-italia.net/41129/psg-switch-verratti-pogba

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    id rather keep Pogba

Daei_10 and Dante repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Pogba continues to improve, he is worth a lot more at age 25-26. In comparison to the two players, just look at them. Pogba has the physical presence, which is big at the central midfield position. Pirlo is a genius. He also brings you tactical challenges. I am not sure if I want a true replacement.

At this point, it is premature for either player to make a move.

usnroach and Dante repped this.
  13. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We see Pogba every week. We don't see Verratti. He's fantastic.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i rather keep Pogba

man i really hate our management and their stupid decisions. we should not even entertain ANY offers for Pogba. He's way too young and even if we wanted to cash out on him, wait at least 3-4 years and sell him at age 24 by then he'd be even more famous. On top of it im sure we'll sell him for low amount cuz thats how we do....buy high, sell low.

also, as good as veratti is, he doesnt have the big presence of pogba. i just wish they'd stop messing with the pieces that are good and address other areas. What is the point of messing with the midfield? they need to think of some wingers, fullbacks

juventino13 repped this.
  15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yea, i'd rather keep Pogba

16. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is this the prem? Why the ******** are we worried about a "big presence". Pogba is going to be great there's no doubt. Verratti is going to be great as well. He's a cross between Pirlo and De Rossi. We can't go wrong either way, I just prefer the guy who is likely a lifer.

17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lifer?

what makes u think veratti will stay and pogba would leave? in this day and age no one is staying anywhere forever. if a team is interested they'll put a high bid and take either.

I dont know how veratti will fit in with our team, but we know pogba is doing well. i just dont get the ideas of selling players that are already doing good. i keep saying this and will keep saying it....if we have a dream of becoming an elite club and win CL...we need to act like one...meaning have the best players on your team, not sell them. if u keep selling then u will be no different than a fiorentina or lazio. did bayern break up their team each time they failed to win CL? no they kept at it until they won the treble. We deserve the best players in the world...im tired of people thinking the top players should only be in real, barca, man u, man city, psg, chelsea, etc....and stupid angelli saying that the other weak just brought down our value as a team. Why should it be hard for us to keep a good player? we're at a critical stage of rebuilding, messing with the pieces isnt going to be good....we need to fix other areas and thats it.

also i think we can still bring in veratti while keeping pogba, marchisio and vidal. not this year but later

18. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #68 Trequartista10, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Verratti grew up juvetino.

"Del Piero was my idol growing up I was very close to Juve."

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bring in Veratti, maybe win a CL with him. Then at 31, he leaves for Milan on a free transfer and they win two successive scudetti.

20. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Verratti was a juventino, why wouldnt he have signed for us, instead of psg when we were clearly trying to court him? Just my opinion.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    His agent is not a Juventino. The good old days when the sons of Moggi & Lippi were around.

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im pretty sure it was the money. psg offered alot more than we were willing.

23. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that money talks, but dont say your a juventino and then choose another team when we were obviously trying to get him. IMO

24. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Immediately start at PSG or be Pirlo's under study for s few years? And get paid more to start. Players want to play.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea he didnt have a starting position with us having pirlo, vidal, pogba, marchisio, giachherini, marrone...

also he made history being a transfer from serie B to a major league that is not italian...i dont blame him.