Winter is Coming - The January Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve’s contract renewal plan

The Gazzetta dello Sport suggest that February will see Juventus begin to work through a number of players’ contract renewals.

Whilst Andrea Pirlo is see as all but signed off on a two-year extension to commit to the Bianconeri beyond this summer, the pink paper have listed a number of others in the squad set to open similar talks.

Reserve goalkeeper Marco Storari is out of contract in June, with it seen that a new deal is very much on his determination, with the club listing a number of alternatives in his position should he opt to leave.

Andrea Barzagli is seen as with a draft agreement to extend for one year already in place, whilst extensions for Giorgio Chiellini and Stephan Lichtsteiner to June 2017 are also seen as without obstacles.

Paul Pogba remains a priority to renew, whilst Claudio Marchisio’s situation will also reportedly be evaluated, as well as Sebastian Giovinco.

The latter’s current deal expires in June 2015, as do those of Mirko Vucinic and Fabio Quagliarella, so uncertainty on this trio remains.

Whilst Antonio Conte’s contract also runs through to June 2015, Juve are seen as keen to extend that.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    man, i wish we had gotten Higuain

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think we should be pretty happy with the Tevez and Llorente signings.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    sure, i would still prefer Higuain

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why, so that we would be in the Coppa final and a distant third place?

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, because i like him better than what we have

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Beenzema is much better than him

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, funniest shit i've heard all day

9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I don't that is fair given that a player can only influence the outcomes of matches, but the others on the field do as well.

Higuain has been amazing for Napoli not just because he scores consistently, but also due to his creative play in collaboration. Napoli from midfield to attack are developing very nicely. Another that has been playing ridiculously well is Mertens. What a player.

--------------Higuain
    Mertens*--- Hamsik--- Callejon*
    -----------Inler ---Jorginho

*Insigne

Missing a healthy Hamsik at a crucial part of the year really hurt them. He is too important to that team.

Between Juve, Roma, Napoli, and Fiorentina, Serie A is in the process of building some strong sides. I'd be shocked if the league doesn't do really well in the CL during the next 5 year window.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i woulda preferred Higuain over tevez and llorente any day as well. However not for the price tag of 40 mil or whatever he was.

but aside from that, i keep thinking about how we have a world class midfield with pirlo, vidal, pogba, marchisio and additions of asamoah at times....i mean whats the point of selling and buying other players when we already have what we want?? every team pays to get a top midfield and we already have it. I think its wise to keep the Pogba money for at least a couple of more years if we plan on rebuilding when players like pirlo, buffon, barzagli, chiellini, tevez, lichsteiner, etc....get old. we have been lucky to get all these good players for such cheap money, we cant just find another top player that easily no matter how much we sell pogba for. people keep comparing to the zidane sale but that was a different time and someone like nedved was available. now days prices are inflated and not many top players are just available to come here or even want to come here. so we'll be taking a huge risk to disrupt our team building right now just for a few bucks and HOPE to get another player to replace him. we are on our way to becoming an elite team and we should see how we'll do in CL next year before jumping the gun and break up the team. im just dreaming of seeing how this team will be 2 years from now with pogba, vidal and marchisio getting better and better and conte gaining more experience as a coach. we can be an elite team very soon, just gotta hold off the temptation of cashing out too soon.

11. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    The top Serie A teams are getting to the point where their starting 11s are of a high level, but Juve, Roma, and Napoli all have issues with depth in certain spots. Each have amassed core of players that are comparable to other top European sides.

This isn't something that hasn't been mentioned before as applied to Juve. Clearly missing Lich and starting without Llorente in the CL really cost Juve. Napoli lost Hamsik, Inler, and Higiuan when they were in their poor run of form.

In order to challenge each other for the league while making runs consistently in the CL these clubs need to upgrade their bench. They seem to be in the process of doing so. Like you mention Daei this involves keeping those pieces that are too important to let go of unless the return is quite high. They each still need to keep going out and reinforcing. Settling now would be a pity given how far these clubs have come in this cycle of rebuilding. They aren't far away.

As for Tevez and Llorente or Higuain, they seem to fit the style of their sides and in doing so have all brought a lot of quality to Serie A.

Daei_10 repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve set to sign American wunderkind

Juventus are on the verge of signing Sporting Kansas City defender Erik Palmer-Brown, according to reports.

Tuttosport have revealed this morning that a deal between the Bianconeriand the American side for the youngster is all-but complete, with only an official announcement missing.

Antonio Conte’s men are set to pay $250,000 for Palmer-Brown, who, at just 16, is one of the youngest players ever to make an MLS appearance.

The move will see the teenager stay in America for at least one more season before leaving for Turin.

The paper has already moved to label Palmer-Brown ‘the new Chiellini’.

http://www.football-italia.net/45723/juve-set-sign-american-wunderkind

13. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    dafuq? I thought our last offer of a million had been rejected? now they'll take 250k? Maybe im misinformed.

but hopefully its true, because it will be encouraging to see that we are actually scouting all over the place to find legit talent.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1251alex repped this.
  15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i can say without a doubt you guys will go after Paletta. As he is "italian" now.