Winter is Coming! The January Transfer Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Sep 7, 2012.

1. thegutterpoet

thegutterpoet Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    An improved start upon last season in Serie A, sitting top of the league after winning 6, drawing 1 achieving a positive goal difference of +13, with several players still to gain full fitness, the team yet to hit top gear, a beautiful first game back in the champions league where we equitted ourselves admirably and forced Europe to stand up and nod in approval...and our Manager, the major force behind our magnificent success of last term, banned and bullied by bullsh*t charges...admittedly two below average performances, against Florence and Shaktar...but all in all...we are doing well...with one of our major summer signings already making the problematic left defensive flank more secure than it has been for many moons...Giovinco slowly but surely finding his feet...Isla still to strutt his stuff...So far, only a mong playing devil's advocate could complain...

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't rate Osvaldo that highly. He's a decent striker, not special.

3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I must agree. We have a much heavier schedule and we still haven't got into 6th gear. When Conte comes back and some of our players get into shape, we will improve.

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i think conte would've def. made an impact at half time of the shakhtar game

carrera has done a fine job however, but presence of conte is something else

5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Walcott and Llorente for free.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Still.. he'd be an improvement over Matri.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was a Juve fan when you were still in your daddys balls.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'll take that any day. At least then we can't complain about how we fucked away a ton of money on mediocracy. It was free.

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if u watched futbol that long u wouldnt have these kind of expectations and fantasy thoughts. Clearly you are in your early 20s at best

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wouldn't expect our manager to have a brain if I've watched football for over 30 years? Yeah that makes sense.

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Perhaps we should have a look at Rodrigo Moreno.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what does that even mean? LOL

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I really don't expect you to understand and comprehend written exchanges. It's been proven in the past that that is beyond your capacity. Move on.

14. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Duck, please move on from trolling the forum. Obviously you know a lot about Juve's history. That doesn't mean that your opinions about current talent are inevitably correct. You can bang on all you want about RVP when he scores a few goals, and then when he goes down injured for six months the next match, the tables would be turned and you'd be the one with egg on your face. Every dog has his day, so stop being such a premface proposing that every lunkhead who whacks in a few goals in Ingerlund is "world class" and worth $XX million. The fact is, the state of football markets now is to be full of attacking players that are, in historical perspective, both mediocre and inflated in price. Juve cannot play sheikhball on the sheikh's terms, and needs to build the squad a different way than throwing petrodollars at every disgruntled big name striker in Europe. You slinging insults at people who disagree with the valuations you put on X, Y and Z players, will not change that reality for the club.

juventino13 and Daei_10 repped this.
  15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    None of that made sense.

1. I'm not trolling. You'll know when I'm trolling.
    2. How can anyone with a brain not agree with me that this current, as in last few years, forward line is absolutely the worst Juve have ever had?
    3. He hasn't been injured in two years. I'd take my chances on him ahead of Matri, Quagliarella, Vucinic and Giovinco, all or any combination of them. He'd probably score more then them combined as well. Boakye could be our back-up (that's trolling.)
    4. What the hell is that about? Who in the EPL am I overvaluing or overhyping? I'm a premface? You can't possibly have been around here for long.
    5. Actually you could not be more wrong. At no point in history, that I can remember anyway, did we have more attacking talent then we do today. Only problem is none of it is playing in Serie A.
    6. My point is that Marotta keeps saying we can't afford €35m players and their wages so what he does is buy two €17m players and pay them half as much. And that's a idiot way to build a team. I would rather have one guy I can count on every game then two guys who might do fuck all for a month. That's why I keep saying Marotta shouldn't be managing a big club. He should be building small clubs. He has no idea on how to go after big time players.
    7. I wasn't insulting the Iranian. He was insulting me and I replied and, as expected, he didn't get it. That's not insulting.

16. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
  17. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
  18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well to be fair Marotta did sign Boakye. He averages a goal every 78 minutes in Serie B and a goal every 24 minutes for Ghana. A true legend in the making.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And averages 1 goal in 366 minutes in Serie A. He's in Serie B for a reason.

20. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I'm not as high on Boakye as Duck is, but I watch Serie B highlights every week, and I like him. He's been a major contributor to Sassuolo being in first place. He always seems to put himself in the right place to score goals, and that's not a bad thing. Will he be a world beater for us? Probably not. I have a feeling that he'll be co-owned by a Serie A club and us, and he'll most likely spend time there, and if he can prove that he can score against Serie A players, then we'll bring him back.

Also, saying he scores a lot for Ghana isn't saying much. He's scored 1 goal in 2 matches for the senior team, and that was against China in a friendly.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    OK I get that I'm a bit over the top with this guy. I bought a Giovinco jersey the first time he was a member of the first team. I did the same when we signed Bojinov. And now with Boakye. Maybe it's because it's such a rarity we spend money on or give a chance to a young forward type player. But seriously, would you not rather give Boakye 20 minutes at the end of games then Matri? How is giving Matri 20 minutes of garbagetime helping this team in any way? He's 28 years old. We know for a fact he will never be a top notch striker. He's a decent player, I'll give him that, but we've seen what he can and can't do. Give those few minutes to a 19 year old who seems to have a natural ability to finish. You've seen more of Boakye then I have and you can't tell me you wouldn't be more excited to see him get a chance then Matri.

22. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    You're asking the wrong guy because I'm more apt to giving young players more time. I think it was the right move to send him back to Sassuolo. Kind of like what happened with Immobile. If it's meant to happen, then he will shine through in a big way. He's doing that already. The problem with the Italian system is that they believe if you haven't cut your teeth in a lower league, then you can't play at the top levels. The only reason that Pogba is on the roster is because he actually played matches for United. You can't sign a guy and then loan him out to Serie B after he played for the Manchester United first team. That was be bad business for Pogba.

I actually like Matri, and I would love to see what this team could do with him and Quagliarella playing up top for 90 minutes. We were pleading for it all last season. Matri isn't a bad player. He scuffs shots sometimes, but he has a good scoring rate. He doesn't take many wasteful shots, but that can also be a hindrance sometimes, too. It seems like he only wants to shoot the ball when he can put it on frame. Any other time, he'll look for another outlet.

If you're asking me to choose between Matri and Boakye right now, I'm picking Matri. Matri is a proven goal scorer in this league, and having him on the bench is better choice than most of our other options. Also, having Boakye in Serie B isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now, if Boakye pots 20 this year, and Matri can barely make 700 minutes, then I say you ship out Matri, and use Boakye.

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would rather have Immobile and Boakye then Quagliarella and Matri as our second unit. We have two guys who are clearly our first options, and in my opinion it's not that close. Quags gets his shine now because of the Chelsea game but really... he's been injured and is closing in on 30s. Once you have a serious injury at that kind of stage of your career it adds a couple years to your age. It's not the same as when you have a injury and you're 23. He's not someone you put your money on any more. He was terrible in the Fiorentina game. You just can't count on him any more. I don't doubt he will score important goals for us this season though. He has that knack for the big moments.

That is exactly what my problem is with this league. If we had Wenger as our manager we'd have a ton of young talents getting playing time. Serie A is like a poker player playing it safe with 10 10 when some other guy with a A K calls.

I don't really have a problem with Matri. From what I can remember I've never insulted him like people here used to do with Melo, who I liked. It's nothing personal. I just think he doesn't deserve half of his €6m a year salary. When I talk shit about Matri it's actually directed at Marotta who should have gotten rid of him or never have signed him.

If you need a goal then yes. If it's garbage time, I'd rather give that time to Boakye. I'd be willing to give up some points to let a young player get his due.

No doubt.

24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank god Duck Manson aint running shit cuz we'd be in serie B by now lol

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Duck had run shit Juve would rule the world. Twice.