Winter 2009 Transfers/Rumours

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    i think its a bad move for bremen mainly due to the timing. with ozil leaving one day be4 the impt CL clash, they have reduce their chance of winning the match against sampordia. qualifying for the CL group stages can easily rake in 10 plus mios and now they risk losing this lucrative CL payout if they should lose the qualifying round.

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That is a theoretical discussion. If we fail one it is not proven that we would have done better with him as well as if we advance, that we had done with him on the pitch, too.

That's my opinion, because I judge him based on the cup performance and there Borowski, yes Borowski, gave more impulses than Mesut.

3. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    So this means we have Diego money and Ozil money....I say we pony up and get one or two high calibre midfielders...

4. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I am starting to get really annoyed with KA's (and presumably, the higher Werder brass's) refusal to invest in the team. Simply put, we do not have a team that will be competitive in the CL this year (and likely, we won't be highly competitive in the EL after we drop down...) We will probably finish middle-table in the league, as well.

The club has money. From Diego, and now from Ozil, but it refuses to spend. Marin is the most expensive signing in club history, and we paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of 8.5 million euros for him. KA and co. need to realize that the team cannot rely on discovering diamonds in the rough (available for cheap,) everytime a superstar leaves.

And I swear to God, if we buy one more striker...

5. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So basically Bremen sold Diego and Oezil for about 35 M and spent 9 M on Marin (plus a few odd millions for Boro, Pizza [or was that a free transfer?] and other minor players). As well, we are left with the same team we had 5 years ago and five years older I might add :confused:. They can't seriously believe that the bench players we have now are going to make an impact on the current team? They haven't so far! For cripes sake! KA is happy doing everyone else favours. Why not the fans? He obviously did RM a favour by dealing MO before this deadline to negate cup ties. Dammit this is gonna be a crap year for CL and the BL picture is looking bleak unless they take some of that windfall and spend it agressively. Now we wait and see if they have any clue what they are doing. I agree with Poppafuss (EE;))...LB and MC must be addressed NOW! Later - Winni

6. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with $crooge - keeping Oezil was no longer an option, especially since he was forcing his own exit. I don't know what kind of money he wanted, but if Werder REALLY wanted him, couldn't they have offered him more?

I was a Real fan until last year, and now I think I have to be one again. Zinedine Zidane is my favorite player of all time.

7. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Hopefully Werder reinvests into the team. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

8. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Although i am not a supporter of Bremen within the BL i really hope they qualify for the CL and do well this season...but they need a a replacemnt fast!

Go for Affelay, affordable price. Would suit Bremen's playing style and can play either wing as well.

Van Der Vaart obviously is another option considering he is probably unsure of his future now.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Arnautovic 6.2 million €
    Pizarro 3.5 million € (if you add loaning + transfer fee)

The average age of the team is 24.6 years. That's quite young (youngest BL is Dortmund 24.0).

According to Brazilian sources (Terra) Wesley is not nominated for the next league match. This could be a good sign.

A short add (something funny):
    The fans in the Werder.de forum did a photo fake; http://twitpic.com/2f3qv6
    and goal.com took it as a true picture and made an article about Wesley arriving in Bremen already 2 days ago. :D Goal.com :D

Zidane is a legend. :)

10. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    u haf to admit tt without ozil the chances of progressing haf been reduced. i hope u guys still progress nevetheless.

in the meanwhile ben arfa has been linked according to our most "reliable" goal.com

i think after 1 bad boy experience issit enuff

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    For the season yes, vs. Genua? Nah, Özil is in a bad form, because he is only a few days in training. I don't even think he would have played. Todays match is 50-50 with or without him.

This time they could be right, they got the information from French press. The French don't only say we are connected, but state it is a done deal:
    francefootball: Werder signs Ben Arfa

12. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    u mean sampdoria. genoa is their city rivals

but really? another attitude problem boy after arnautovic??

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Uh sorry, Doria for sure. :)

Özil was also a problem boy when he came. Schalke wanted to get rid of his dad and him and Werder took the risk. Important is that fallen stars get back on their feed. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

14. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of us top-tier BL teams besides Bayern are stuck in the same scenario of selling high and buying low. It's the German way... right? /sarcasm

Stuttgart feels your pain :(

15. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Hugo is all but gone to Lazio too.

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Somewhere the money must come from. You can either have a company/private owner behind you, the state pays for you, you make depts and nobody cares, or you do it the legal way like Stuttgart or us. ;)

17. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    is hugo really going to lazio???
    does not seemed like a logical move for me

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I heard Hugo joins Real Madrid as well as the rest of our team.
    And Real gets renamed into "The Real Fishheads". :p ;)

19. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    I'm liking the Ben Arfa signing.

20. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because of him, I'm allowing myself to cheer for Juventus and Real Madrid :) I liked both those teams when he was a member.

And thankfully, I managed to schedule the massage I need after many stressful things in my life, culminating in the Oezil transfer saga...

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I was so glad that the Özil theatre is over, but the Wesley transfer becomes more and more a farce. Santos wants utopic sums for the player. Hoperfully an agreement will be found quickly.

22. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm a worum girl and not an official werder.de forum user - are the official forummers still trying to wind everyone up?

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I read both, in the Werder.de forum is far more spam, but the infopool threads are good to get a quick overview. But most of the posts there are only quotes of worum posts.

At the Wesley transfer a decision is expected.

24. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Keeping fingers crossed for this one!

25. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Wesley signing has been completed. The transfer is reported to be around 7.5 mil, and he's signed a 4-year contract.