Winter 2009 Transfers/Rumours

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Dec 10, 2009.

1. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because they beat Chelsea in the Champions League in 2009, because I used to be a Real Madrid fan before CRon joined them and I hate him so much I stopped liking Real, because fans ask questions without using full words :p

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to a Berlin newspaper Peter Niemeyer joins Hertha BSC.
    This year on loan (200k €), next year permanent signing, if Hertha gets promoted (700k €).

Berliner Morgenpost

3. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wonderful to hear! He was never good enough for Werder

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Werder confirmed the newspaper article: Peter Niemeyer to Hertha BSC

He had also some bad luck with injuries. But yes, this year he would have been number 4 behind Frings, Bargfrede, Borowski in the DM pecking order. Nevertheless thanks for your working horse mentality and all the best for you at Berlin, Peter. :)

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    el mundo and sport in spain are reporting it's done and oezil is moving for 10 mio plus bonuses pending guardiola's approval

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    10 million € is a joke offer. Compared to this it is even better if Özil fulfills his contract and leaves for free. Next club making a bid, please.

7. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    plus bonuses which could come up to 5 million. thats what they are saying.

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, I got, but bonus payments are no transfer fee. They are unsafe. Allofs was once cited, that only offers from 16 million € on have a chance. And I interprated it as transfer fee without bonus.

9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hmmm

of all the places he could go, barca would be the only one i'd like, so im not totally against this...but yeah. If he stays and werder does really well and in the CL...that would be better

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I would also prefer seeing him at Barca compared to Chel$ea, Galzer Utd or Real M!erda. But every player has a price and <16 million € is not in line with the market.

11. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd rather see him go to Chelsea or Real Madrid than Barfa or ManUre, but I was just on sport.es and I read "Barça COULD have signed Özil" or maybe MAY have signed him...and that they're waiting for the okay from Pep. El Mundo Deportivo online say the same thing, and that he should give his okay in a few hours...but that was nine hours ago.

Mesut's going to get no playing time, and aren't the FCB in this case a gazillion euros in debt? I think he needs to stay with Werder for a bit more football seasoning.

12. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    pep rejected it

it makes no sense for them with a couple of academy players coming through as well. Its the only club I want him to move to outside of bayern and germany though

13. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He could have extended his contract for a year like Diego but he always has to be a big idealistic unrealistic ego pu$$y.

14. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    speaking of Diego. Apparently he is on his way to Wolfsburg for 16million Euros. SURELY we could have paid that much for him, and gotten our man back.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    And the 6 million € salary per season Wolfsburg offers according to some sources must be paid, too. Transfer fees are only one side of the coin, same with Raul at Schalke.

In the thread there KA has been critisized very often, by me, too. I amunhappy, that we don't get players, that improve the squad, while other BL clubs are big spenders. But let me tell you, Werder is together with Bayern the healthiest club in the league. Wolfsburg has a transfer deficit of about 100 million € in the last seasons (while the VW workers had to suffer under the economy crisis), Schalke is close to insolvency and Hamburger SV doesn't own their players (Guys like Van Nistelrooy, Elia and others were bought by business person groups, that participate on marketing earnings or sellings).

So I am proud, that my club still has its stadium name and we have to look on the Euros we spend. For me it is also sad, when I see the actions done by others, but at least our SV Werder is still a football club, that doesn't play in an arena.

16. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Arno in the dog house? (From ESPN)

Marko Arnautovic could be on his way out of Werder Bremen only a month after joining the club after he upset club bosses with his attitude both in training and friendly matches recently.

Arnautovic arrived from FC Twente for a fee in the region of €6.5 million after spending last season on loan at Inter Milan, where he also had problems with their coach Jose Mourinho, and he has not made a very positive impression.

Last week, Torsten Frings invited him to change his ways and now the club's director of sport Klaus Allofs has spoken in more severe terms.

"We will give Marko a deadline,'' he told Bild after Saturday's 5-1 friendly defeat to Fulham. "If he does not understand that we can only exist if we work together then he does not have any future with Werder.

"Marko is capable of extraordinary things, he has got to learn how to fit in. He has some catching up to do."

17. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My friend just texted me a rumory rumory rumor that said that Oezil was given an offer by Chelsea (?) She said she got it off Twitter. I went to Raphael Honigstein's Twitter account, and that's the only place I've seen the information.

18. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Would be very sad to see Diego in ANY bundesliga shirt other than one with a Werder crest on it...I believed he would only want to return to the BL if it were with Werder...

19. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows, maybe KA can sell Ozil in the morning and use that money to by Diego in the evening.

20. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I really don't think Diego would be happy coming back to Werder. By all accounts he loved his time here, but I suspect that returning would make him feel like he failed to acheive success in one of the major European leagues. I'm not sure a demoralized Diego would be all that helpful.

That being said, though, I'd still be thrilled to see him in the green-white strip!

21. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would love for that to happen, but I think that KA wants to set a precedent in terms of "encouraging" players to value their time @ WB. Aside from that, players that go away would almost admittedly have to admit "failure" by returning.

It's a shame that so many WB players have "gone for the gold" only to sit on the bench for BM or flounder around in other leagues. WB has experienced a fairly consistent level of talent.....if only we could retain a few key players- anything could happen. It almost already does.....

22. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i agree that its like admitting failure, however would it not be admitting failure by returning to the bundesliga altogether? He left to join top level big name clubs and now he is being courted by wolfsburg and schalke? If i were Diego and were thinking of moving back to the bundesliga, WB would be the ONLY place i would consider.

Personally I always liked Diego more than Ozil, and nobody can deny that Diego produced far more for WB when it came to results than Ozil did. If we could sell Ozil and pony up that money for Diego, i would be just about the happiest dude on the planet....

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Real Madird made an offer for Özil, Allofs refused it as laughable.
    sport1

Movement in the Wesley transfer. According to Brazilian sources Werder increases their offer to 7.5 million € transfer fee and offers Wesley a five years contract.

globo

24. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    About Oezil...beat those vultures off with a stick KA! I'd rather he stay and play for a respectable club for one more year than see him rot on the sidelines anywhere else.

About Wesley...now THAT is a fair offer. I say they bite and we'll have our man.

What's the word on Ar-naughty-vic? Is he still training with the senior team?

25. Viper87

Viper87 Member

Oct 13, 2008