Winter 2009 Transfers/Rumours

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Dec 10, 2009.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Lads, it is December, 2 more Bundesliga and one Europe League to play before the winter break starts ... as well as the winter transfer period.

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    This week a 20 years old Tunisian is on a trial in Bremen.
    His name Aymen Abdennour and he currently plays left back at tunisian club Etoile Sportive Du Sahl. A possible replacement for Tosic.

3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    And another player is on a trial in Bremen. Juan José Barros is a 20 years old
    striker from Peru with Columbian passport and participated in the U20 South American championship this year. His current club is Coronel Bolognesi.

Here some pictures of the trial players:

[​IMG]
    Juan José Barros

[​IMG]
    Aymen Abdennour

4. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hello, what is the situation with Marcelo Moreno. i hear that he might be let go from his loan? he had a good showing vs. Nacional in Europa and seems a lot bigger from when he first joined. is this true that he will most likely be let go?

5. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm curious about the situation with vranjes and tosic, are there any offers for them? and are they now training with the reserves?

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Pascal Testroet from our reserve signed a professional contract until 2012.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Information are rare on that topic, but the first half season did not run as expected. So it is likely, that Marcelo Moreno will be transfered (loaned) to another club, rumours say EPL clubs.

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    They trained with the professionals. I haven't heard of any offers so far.
    The mistake was made in the past to give this players, who didn't perform long contracts and now they sit on them. Season 2007/08 was really a black-out by Allofs.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    To throw a few names (press rumours) in the thread before leaving tomorrow for Christmas holidays:

Aymen Abdennour (left back, Etoile Sportive du Sahel)
    Mario Mandzukic (striker, Dynamo Zagreb)
    Patrick Ebert (midfielder, Hertha Berlin)
    Wanderson (midfielder, Göteborg)
    John Arne Riise (left back, AS Roma)
    Réver (defender, Gremio Porto Alegre)

I am excited for the name for the players linked with Werder, when I am back on January, 2nd. So have a nice Christmas time and a happy new year. :)

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Back from Christmas/New Year holidays, so happy new year to everyone. :)

During the Xmas time Nürnberg was connected to Vranjes, but "Der Club" decided to get some other players, so Vranjes is still looking for a new club.

11. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes I hope we all had a good holidays. The best to you and yours.:)

12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Home-grown talent Onur Ayik gets a professional contract until 2012. The 19 years old striker with Turkish decent was born about 60 km away from Bremen and played for since 5 years for different Werder youth teams and the reserve. He took part at the U19 EC for the Turkish team.

It is very likely, that Aymen Abdennours signing gets finished today or tomorrow.

Thorsten Oehrl leaves us for a half year to 2.BL side Fortuna Düsselfdorf.
    There he meets Werder teammate Martin Harnik, who is also on loan until the end of the season.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Aymen Abdennour is signed. Loan deal until summer with buying option.

Werder link

14. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And here is a video (without sound?) of Aymen and company...

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2841575/aymen_abdennour/"]Aymen Abdennour - Video[/ame]

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Marcelo Moreno travelled back to Donezk, so if everything runs perfect the loan deal ends in the next days. 2 million € transfer loss (loaning fee) for us.
    I wish Moreno gets loaned to a club, where he gets match practice (rumour say an Italian club is interested, so maybe the sun fits him better, good luck).

Jurica Vranjes gets on loan to Genclerbiligi Ankara. If he performs there the Turkish club can sign him for free. Today is the medical check. He shot verbally against Schaaf and Allofs in his last interview, but that's deserved. It's not ok, what is going on today at Werder. :mad:

Vranjes is no good football player, but propably he got sold, because of his role in the Klasnic vs. Werder doc thing.

16. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm glad Vranjes has found a new club, but also sad that I'll probably never see him in Werder colours anymore after the parting shot to TS. Not the best player definitely, but I have a soft spot for him along the years.

That said, I don't follow much team news to know the situation with him, so can anyone clarify? :confused: And what was his role in the Klasnic affair? I read through (Google translate, so i have only a partial understanding) the Werder forums and his departure/situation sort of polarised the Werder fans - some contested he was responsible for his own downfall due to the training incident with Huse and the Graz match, while another proportion sided with him, remembering him as a model professional.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, he is known to be very loyal to club and coach. There must have happened something personal, that Schaaf hasn't trusted him anymore.

From what I have heard, it has to do with the Klasnic case. Vranjes is a good friend of Klasnic and had wanted to depose for Klasnic at court vs. the Werder doctor. That make sense to me, because otherwise the transfer policy had been nonsense. Werder extended with Vranjes in 2008 for 3 years and half a year later they signed Tziolis to replace him. Tziolis played worse than Vranjes (who is a limited player, but still better), but Vranjes didn't get a chance. That smells. :mad:

18. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Eisenfuss - In the current tenure of Werder's management (them that hire and fire players), do you see an improvement in player/club relationship? I ask because there haven't been staff changes for some time and 2000ish-2010 pretty much sums up this smelly business. I wonder about the reputation they have developed in recent years and what the talk is in player circles. You have slammed KA on several occasions regaurding numerous signings and staff/player relations, so I ask you - will 2010-2020 bring more of the same? Predict. If for instance Carlos Alberto, Vranjes, Klasnic etc. are now finally in the past, do you think Werder will repeat the mistakes? The more I become familiar with the club's business the more I see the bigger picture. Respect - Winni

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    There have been staff changes, for example our "stadium planer" Müller has left or Kalli Kamp had to quit his assistant coach job in 2006, because of an injury (and age).

About Allofs I am simply dissapointed, he can't get the things done, that need to be done. He can only loan players and send players on loan to other clubs. But I see no (positive) fire in the club and that's also Schaafs fault. You don't need a squad of 30 pros if you play most of the matches with the same first 11.

I currently see no strategy in what they are doing and that's why I wrote "sack them". It is not against them as a person, but I see them ruining what they have built up and that's sad. :(

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Sandro Wagner (Duisburg) -> Werder
    Kevin Schindler, Dusko Tosic -> Duisburg (loan until summer, Werder still paying the salaries)

An U21 European Champion for Schindlers and Tosic half season salary is a good deal. Sadly Wagner is injured until March.

21. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wagner has been injurd for quite a while. but 5 goals in 6 matches before his injury.

He cant be worse than Rosenberg or Almeida to be honest. And despite his height, he is fairly agile n fast

22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Vranjes loan deal to Genclerbirligi is now also confirmed by Werder.

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    And Morenos transfer is also confirmed. Donezk and Werder cancelled the loaning deal and Donezk sent him on loan to Wigan Athletic.

Buena suerte en Inglaterra, Marcelo.

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Today Dusko Tosic refused to arrive to Duisburg, but travelled to England to look there for a new club. He broke contract conditions, because he agreed to the move to Duisburg yesterday. Allofs did the only right thing and fired that guy.

Allofs had to re-negotiate with Duisburg, because of the Wagner deal, but they have found an agreement (propably money).

I am speechless about Tosics behaviour. :mad:

25. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, Tosic's behaviour is really disgusting.

Not really a fan of the Wagner transfer. He under-achieved bad at the U21s which was the only time I've ever really watched him. Also, it seems like the typical Werder transfer policy: something is wrong, so let's buy another striker!

Anyway, transfer period is over, so let's see if we can limp into a European spot for next year.

(Also, sorry about my absence; I have been so frustrated with the team the last couple weeks that I couldn't even bring myself to talking about them.)