Win or Lose Tonight . . . .

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by don gagliardi, Nov 7, 2012.

1. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thank you, Quakes, for a magical season. In my heart, you are already champions.

2. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Here, here. Best season ever.

3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    If we can just get past the filth and run up our record against them to 4-0-1 this season I don't care if we go all the way to the cup. :)

4. Qrom

Qrom Member

Oct 26, 2007
    east bay
    I agrre, Quakes were awsome this year. To all the haters and jerks who said they were boring wah wah wah theres nothing boring about last minute victories. Pulling thrilling victories out of the jaws of defeat will be what we all remember from this year 5 years from now.

5. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, my second season back as a fan, finally caught a few games, moved down to the area, my life is better and a Quakes are a part of that!

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that was a great ride. No fans in the league can say they had such a memorable season. Onward and upward!

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I posted in this season's final team postgame thread:

Emotions are understandably running high right now, but don't despair: the San Jose Earthquakes roster now has a good, relatively young nucleus that doesn't need dismantling, simply fine-tuning (and there'll be no expansion draft for the first time since forever to take a player or two away).

Not to mention that we now have a new SSS on the way (the reality of which truly hit home for me when I recently put down the deposit on my seat), albeit only planned to open at the beginning of 2014.

And the team will represent in the 2013-2014 CONCACAF Champions League, so this season and the near-future aren't total losses. ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

8. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I will amend my previous post a bit. This year was the Quakes best regular season ever, for sure, by a long ways. 2003 will continue to reign as best postseason. They were actually close to pulling of another Goonie comeback last night, but fell just short.

rcoull repped this.
  9. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The title of this thread immediately brought this into my mind:

10. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah we had a great season but even though we scored the most goals, we didn't score when we needed to. I think this team definitely is in need of defensive help. Beita and Morrow are great players and so is Chavez but we need another sweeper/centerback who is dominant as Jason Hernandez/Ike Opara are just not cutting it.

bsman repped this.
  12. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    From your lips to JD's ears! Last night, Hernandez was consistently outrun by LD, who's not exactly a spring chicken anymore. We definitely need more speed in our central D. OTOH -- think about this: If we can get another Beita-class outside defender for our left side, IMO Justin would be just what the Dr. ordered for the central D...

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, wonderful season. Playoffs were always a crapshoot. we are the best team in the league right now. We would beat LA, Seattle, RSL id say 3 times to every 4, and we've proven that this season each time. But in our division with those 4 teams its any given weekend. It sucks......but there are plenty of teams right now in worse situation than us right now. we have a wonderful foundation and wonderful nucleus with on, and the only real position id focus for upgrade is another defender to party with bernardez, because as others have said, hernendez and opara arent good enough. Other than that i love our squad.