Wilstermann in Copa Libertadores 2011

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by MarcoM3, Dec 31, 2010.

1. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  2. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That was YOU! jajajajajaja
    All the props to you brother, let them know.

3. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks!
    I sent them the website for the Weston AYSO so they could see it for themselves. Nowhere there does it say any of the things the reported mentions. Looks like he did a Goggle translator and came up with his remarks.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lame... very little mention of your letter... duly noted... :(

Well done though Marco!

5. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think Los Tiempos missed the point on your letter. I don't think anyone cares that Neveleff coaches at some Academy, the point is that Wilstermann's president continues to say that Neveleff was the head coach of " MLS' " Miami FC.

Either:

A) He is being duped by Traffic who continue to feed him these lines/and that he doesn't bother to do some research

B) He is purposefully misrepresenting the new coach to pull a fast one on fans who he thinks will take him at his word.

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=16197

"Observan que el tecnico de Wilstermann no dirigio equipos de primera"

As soon as I saw that headline I thought to myself "That's all Marcos doing" Because there is zero chance those idiots in our media ever do any of their homework.

Good job Marco, you can only do so much though. I rather enjoyed this little gem of theirs

"pero también dice que entrenó a nivel profesional con la Liga A y que además es parte del personal de la Federación Nacional de la Escuela de Entrenadores"

I bet my lunch that guy has no clue what Liga A really means or that the coaching certificate it mentions can be had pretty easily by joe bloe.

We've all proven time and time again that our sports media (and general media for that matter) are absolutely clueless/inept.

Par for the course.

7. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have been corresponding with Los Tiempos, giving them more information on not only Neveleff, but Miami FC and some of their players.

I also suggested that they ask Lopez for a media press kit, like they do in other countries, which should include written credentials of the staff and players, as well as the LOI (letter of intent) from Traffic. This should have the exact terms on the Joint Venture investement.

Pretty sad that an average joe like me has to tell the "especialized" press how to do their job, huh?!;)

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sadly... yes. :(

9. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let us know what gets said!

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Soo much ignorance roaming our media. Soo sad.

12. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting, US makes good goalkeepers.

So he probably is anything better bolivia has beyond the cream of the crop. His size too is interesting 6'5.

I think I remember hearing about him also. Im going to bump that thread on the yanks abroad section I started, and include his name and other info.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  15. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw him play.
    One of the architects who works for me gets free tickets from someone at Miami FC and I go with him whenever I have nothing else to do. The beer is cheap and the small stadium is actually cute.
    This goalie is a sub to the starter Patterson, and he is pretty decent. Like most other tall keepers, he has a tough time getting to low balls, though.
    He must be thrilled to get this opportunity. Aside from Miami FC, his best stint was a year with a third division (probably amateur) team in Finland.

16. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maybe he doesnt want to end up in bolivia. LOL I remember hearing how the last guy that played in bolivia that was american was the kid who played for La Paz FC. His friend stated how unprofessional practice was, and how guys were trying to hurt him in practice. Maybe they talked to each other?

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

Guess he met Chuma :D

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, I remember reading how he said random players were practicing with La Paz FC yet werent apart of the team lol. Then in practice someone broke his foot and his season was over.

20. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If anyone is interested, I went to the scrimmage this morning:

http://www.lostiempos.com/diario/ac...para-hoy-segunda-sesion-de_109832_215826.html

A couple of thousand fans showed up despite the drizzle.

There were about 40+ players available for the scrimmage, which was divided into about a session of 45 minutes each, where most of the players got in..

It was too hard to figure out who was who, as most people were looking for Verón's brother. According to the picture in the newspaper, it didn't seem that Verón is much of a player (if he was who I think he was on the pitch).

There were some pretty good players who I think might be the starters, and I'll try to match up photos with the names listed in the story.

Marcello Carballo played okay, and I think the mgt. wants some local ties to the team. Mauro Machado also played a half. National players like Javier Guzman and Carmelo Angulo looked out of shape, and I wonder if they might be used just in the local tournament.

It was cool to get back in the stadium, and not having football on Sundays is rather depressing.

21. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  22. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is he Bolivian? what does this have to do?

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting....

24. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    he is one of the extranjeros who played during the scrimmage.

25. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For any Wilstermanistas interested..el Rojo played against San José this afternoon in a friendly warm-up for the big match on the 16th.

The game was marred with a lot of small scuffles, and poor refereeing. The referee handed out numerous yellow cards (for stalling and other infractions). In the end 3 from the home side were expelled and one from the visitors. In a game that was supposed to be a warm-up, it is tough to execute a game plan with so many players missing.

For some highlights - Luis García #10 from Peru is the real-deal, he follow a long line of talented creating midfielders on Wilstermann (Guiberguis, Luppino, Thiago Leitao, Sanjurjo)

Jesus Tosciani (sp?) - Uruguay is a scrappy forward and it is just a matter of time before he scores.

Sebastian Abregeu is a nice little player (little - no pun intended, I saw him on the streets the other day and he is tiny, but quite creative. He almost scored by chipping the ball over the head of the goalkeeper).

Anyway, I can't wait for the match against Inter. I'm really digging this team, and I just hope that we win on the 16th to keep the season alive.