Wilstermann in Copa Libertadores 2011

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by MarcoM3, Dec 31, 2010.

1. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Watching Planeta Deportiva right now..

Confirms that it is a subsidiary of Traffic.

Dude has no clue...said that the new coach is that Marcelo Neveleff and that he is "dirigiendo" Miami FC of the *MLS*. Ha ha...

VH Lopez says that among the group is a player from the US who has played on the national team. Yeah right....as well as players de la selección of Venezuela, Honduras...

8 players will arrive on Thursday and Friday.

2. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They asked him who the players are and he said 'I don't have the names memorized' but he'll release the names later...

- doesn't bring confidence that the president does not know the names of the players.. :/

3. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Here are the eight names, Planeta Deportiva went through them pretty quickly:

D - Euzebio Neto da Silva - Brasil - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euzébio_Neto

D -Jaime Andres Bustamante - Venezuela - http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Bustamante

D - Luis Eduardo Zapata - Colombia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Eduardo_Zapata

D -Juan Brown - Argentina - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Brown (looks like he also played on the Strongest)

F -Brian Shriver - USA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Shriver

MF - Iani Veron - Argentina - http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iani_Verón

MF - Martin Nuñez - Uruguay - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Nuñez

F - Darwin Eusebio Olivia - Honduras - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Oliva

Googling them now...

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tell us when you got more. lol God this is sad....

With that said, what happened to San Jurjo and Raimondi? Very good I remember in the copa aerosur last year.

5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh my God this is sad!!!!!
    I don't think they're good or trust american players, gringos, I've played with a bunch that think they're amazing but truly all they have is physicality and speed, sometimes. But 90% of the time they lack touch, creativity and overall ability(joga bonito).

Of course there are exceptions. But Miami Fc, a seocnd division mls team, REALLY????!! that's the brilliant plan???!!!!!
    The youth players in Wilster are probably better!

6. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Actually, it's better than I thought it would be. Sure Miami FC is not the MLS, but is the US 2nd division worse than the Bolivian league? (the worst league in South America)...

It gives me some hope that Traffic is a business and that they are doing this for money (and not some empty promise of para la camiseta). They won't send these players to Bolivia if they didn't think that they had a shot to springboard that to a bigger transfer fee (so I think the players have some potential).

I'd rather have a lot of those players instead of Edgar Olivares and Nelson Sossa.

These 8 players + Amilcar Sanchez + Walter Veizaga would probably do better than the team Wilstermann ended up with during the descenso.

Keep hope alive!

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Welll he does have a point, post above (dale wislter). The second division in the US is actually not as physical as MLS and more about slower game play, and touch. Anyone ever see the puerto rico Islanders play? They always do well in the concacaf champions league, yet are second division. Didnt stop them from beating the snot out of LA with Edson Buddle nad Donovan starting!

I am sure these Miami FC players will do just as well as any bolivian players would... not great :p But for sure they wont be any lower then our teams have beeen as of late in the libertadores... which may I add is 10x the competitve spirit then the sudamericana.

No offense to Universitario or Oriente, they did great!

8. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ahh well the problem there is that Veizaga already signed with Oriente, and Amilcar Sanchez is expected to sign with Blooming after the U-20 tourney.

9. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    From that same Los Tiempos article:

Walter Veizaga y Amílcar Sánchez deberán hacerse presentes hoy en el primer día de entrenamiento de Wilstermann, ya que ambos aún son parte del plantel. En el caso de Veizaga, según López, está entrenando en Oriente sin autorización alguna y la dirigencia “albiverde” no se contactó con ellos para negociar su transferencia, mientras que sobre Sánchez dijo que las negociaciones con Blooming aún no fueron cerradas.

10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Aren't these guys only going to play the Libertadores matches? I really see no benefit in that. I don't think they're going to play together enough to somehow shine in LIbertadores and warrant some type of transfer fee for Traffic.

Looks like a desperate move by everyone involved (wilster,traffic,players)

When is the first game and against who by the way?

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I really doubt these players only play the libertadores.

12. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not sure if this was discussed already, and I mean no disrespect (the idea sounded interested but what actually came out of it is disappointing so far), but I hope Conmebol doesn't penalize us of some sort (e.g. taking away a berth for 2012) for making a "mockery of the tournament. But eh, what can they do . . . as we present the roster on time each round, they can't do anything I guess.

13. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think CONMEBOL would rather see this rather than sending out a bunch of youth players (none of which made Wilstermann's descenso-bound starting 11) to get massacred against Inter of Brasil.

These players, at least, are professionals.

14. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They said only the Libertadores....for now, but things may change.

Source: interview with VHLopez on Planeta Deportes

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting... cause how would they expect them to stay in competitve shape if they arent playing anyone or anything besides copa libertadores games? Doesnt make sense...

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Simple, they're not.

They're going to go out there and get destroyed, like eleven individual pieces all marching to a different beat.

I can't imagine Wilster or their fans know that the coach being brought in by Traffic is basically a youth club coach and has never coached at a first division level.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really dumb if they do just send them out like a 'allstar' team.

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Who knows what they're going to do, but I'm surprised the wilster fans are as optimistic as they are. Good for them.

I see a trainwreck coming.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I mean seriously, this team still would probably do better then what they could round up from the local second division players and youths. How much better? I dont konw...

20. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    VH Lopez is a schmuck, he continues to say that the new coach is "D.T." of Miami FC of the "MLS, un equipo importantisimo del campeonato norteamericano..."

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Wow, that's ridiculous.

Spoken like a true dirigente. Although in his defense, I doubt the guy even bothered to double check and is not being intentionally deceiving just unintentionally ignorant.

22. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    IGNORANTS. miami fc is not even in the mls. im not even sure if they're fully professional.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  24. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Actually, they only have a provisional approval to be sanctioned by the USSF as of last november. The NASL is a private league not fully sanctioned yet, who used to equal to a third division until MLS disbanded their ASL (farm league).

I have seen them play several times in Fort Lauderdale, and trust me, they are a third tier team. Our Juveniles would do better.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm.... I thought the USSF made the NASL the official 2nd division?