Review: Will You Be Renewing Your Tickets?

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by crazypete13, Jan 9, 2014.

?

Will you renew your season tickets?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2014.
  1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

18.2%
  1. TFC07CFC67

TFC07CFC67 New Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I renewed prior to all the big moves..for the 8th straight season..while still questioning some of the moves
    (Cesar, DERo) i hope the team is headed in the right direction...time will tell

keep the
    argos out of our house.

2. #1TFC

#1TFC Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Section 123
    I have a third set that you and your folks are welcome to use if they like. This set is not in the supporters section however but if they wanted to kick the tire on a few games PM asap and we can figure something out. Not a maritimer but had the chance to live in NS as a kid and loved both the province and her people. Have not been to the island though but after 9-11 and how folks can to the rescue for those travellers in very tough times it is pleasure to help out. Note, tickets will be sold at their cost, just want to ensure they are used and never scalped, Cheers,

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Got the season package today. The box made me think they might have given a jersey but nope. A charcoal/black/red, checkered/flannel scarf instead. Nice magazine introducing the players.

4. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    don't want to make a big deal out of this but a bit of a reminder to fellow season ticket holders....if you are selling tickets at face value, you are in fact scalping! So if you have extras and want to sell to true fans, sell them at what they cost you not what the face says (extreme example is premium games in south end have a face value of $47...cost to a STH $10....selling at face value is a huge markup).

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's how I operated since 2007. But in truth anyone doing that like me most likely lost money over the years when people wouldn't buy or even accept free tickets. Last year I just found people to buy all of my extras in one shot. This year it should be easier to move extras.

6. scarborotfcfan

May 26, 2008
    My north side tickets cost me roughly $27/game with the face value on the tickets being $45-$50 or so and I sell them for $30/game. Slight markup I suppose but I'm not going to charge $27 and I'm not rounding down. I usually go with my wife but if I go with someone else, I usually just ask them to buy me a couple of beers and with the insane cost of beer in the stadium, two large beers actually costs more than what I paid for a ticket. With a ticket price freeze and all these signings, I'm almost afraid to know what the price of beer will be this season.

7. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't know if there's a legal definition to scalping in this respect, but I would base it on what it would cost someone to buy an equivalent ticket at the box office which is the face value.

I've never sold one of my season tickets, but I will keep the above in mind if I ever do.

TOareaFan and crazypete13 repped this.
  8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah there is two ways to look at it. If someone goes to the gate they will have to pay face value, if they go to a scalper on a busy game they will pay more then face. On the other hand you didn't pay face for yours so what kind of friend profits on his buddies?
    I basically charge cost to friends or supporters, face if it is for those acquaintances that are on the selfish side. I don't do favours for people who only look out for #1.