WIll not be sanctioned with 5 teams

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by pasoccerdad, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I've mentioned on another thread, I think the coverage has been unnecessarily negative even, generally speaking, from friendly sources. I don't think it's a matter of asking for it to be slanted the way we like it. I think it's a matter of asking it to be balanced -- rather than weighted towards the negative and those who have a negative slant (and we know there are a lot of those out there).

I don't think there's anything slanted about mentioning that not a single team from last year is getting out to stop the financial bleeding. It's fact.

Does it have to be mentioned? It depends. Yes, if an article is going to allude to how many teams have folded. Yes, to the extent a news article recognizes how the news is being reported in general and that it isn't being written in a vacuum.

I'm still in a rather foul mood about all of this so I'll be back either here or on the other thread later.

2. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    You know -- say "negative" all you want. Quibble over words. Give honest feedback.

But when you call people who cover women's soccer mostly as a labor of love "misogynist," can you see how others might take offense at that?

3. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't picking on your article, Beau, and generally I've found your articles to be pretty objective and good journalism. I haven't read this potomac soccer article that's been the subject of contention here so I can't comment on that.

(I was a little afraid that something might be said here to offend Beau but I'm comment again later)

4. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    OK then, I will -- they're hard-working folks who care about women's soccer and aren't misogynist. :)

5. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000