Why start the Germans?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BiLLyHiLLo07, Feb 6, 2013.

1. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bookmesir repped this.
  2. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Um, I'll take the 50...

3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think he got posters to think his way - not vice versa - and it was very deliberate. But I think he was only fooling himself in the end. Heck, he even had me penciling in DW at 6 for Honduras, even if it were with the disclaimer "based on this roster". Klinsmann rigged it so that you drink his koolaid or you die of thirst.

4. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, trippy AND I'm still thirsty.
    Seems as though Johnson has the least caveats at this point. Though Jones' CL goal for Shalke yesterday will do nothing but solidify his place in the Nats midfield.
    Jones plays as if he's in a bi-polar world...he's central and (more) disciplined for his German club, then he comes to play for us and all the freedom JK gives him makes him less consistent and less reliable.
    Chandler and Williams??? Neither one did much to garner support.
    If Beckerman was only a bit faster (maybe lose the dreads mon)...
    If Sashja K was only a bit faster and tenacious (needs some Armstronging)...

Yeah, the pool ain't deep and time will tell.

We know the next Hex match versus Costa Rica will tell us a lot about the character of the squad, with JK's influences and choices wide open for all to dissect.
    At this point, it is up to the players to respond, as much as it is up to JK to do the same...
    I doubt we see all four Germericans in the starting line-up FWIW.

5. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My issues with JK were the lack of options (variety) he gave himself with the roster selection and his tactics. I was fine with the starting lineup given the roster. His subs left a lot to be desired, probably mostly due to my first point.