Why Osvaldo cut in line

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 11, 2013.

1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think he is Jose Angel, begging fans to welcome him back at Roma :)

Andreas repped this.
  2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A group of fans surrounded Osvaldo cars as he was leaving Trigoria this afternoon and were insulting him. Osvaldo tried to drive through them, and an angry fan then hit his car before the police interviewed.

3. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He won't be in such a hurry to take another penalty :laugh:

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Carlo Zampa was again very hard on Osvaldo this afternoon. He said he's heard from a source that when Osvaldo didn't join the team in America it might not have been because he was sick, but because he was with his girlfriend.

5. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
  6. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What kind of drugs are they on where they think they can sell him for that price?

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would like the following to see the door this summer for various reasons:

Stek, Osvaldo, Burdisso, Ballz, and possibly DDR.

Have have lost alot of faith and respect for DDR this season. His maturity as our vice-captain has been appalling at the very least.

ASRomaUSA and whill4 repped this.
  8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The witch hunt is in full swing

[​IMG]

wm72 repped this.
  9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think Burdisso is most certainly at the end of experience with us, he looks ready to do his retirement tour in South America. I would caution to keep Balzaretti. I think that these two years have shown money is tight. Roma do not own Piris, and will either need to sign him or hopefully sign and even better player. Moving Balzaretti, who has a low value would mean having to sign another player on that flank. While keeping him allows us to have to players on that flank and concentrate on replacing Burdisso and trying to fix the god forsaken midfield.

10. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. Specifically if moving forward the team plays with a less Zeman like approach and doesn't require so much attacking from the flanks by the outside backs.

11. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    If we get a coach that uses full backs for defense a bit more, Balza will be fine. The only thing he lacks is crossing, when it comes to defending he was more than satisfactory.

12. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ^ Balza is a keeper for me as well...I always hoped that Burdi would return to his form from years ago...guess he was just playing for a contract.

13. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Embarrassing behavior. The guy missed a penalty kick...

14. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Considering what we've been seeing from this team the last 2 years, I'd say very few of these guys deserve to be here in that case. That entire "we are great because we represent the capital of Italy" mentality means very little to me. We sure as hell aren't playing much better than your average provincial side.

15. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    If Osvaldo is sold any money we get from his sale should immediately be focused on improving our dreadful backline, plain and simple.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And tried to fight a fan in the airport.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The problem with the defense is just as much coming from the midfield. Our midfield doesn't recover balls. If we recover balls it's in the final third in front of our goal. A good strong defender to replace Burdisso, preferable a fast one. However the bulk of the work needs to be addressing the midfield, which hasn't worked since David Pizarro stopped playing.

18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    + Bradley
    He'll never be good enough for Roma.

19. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He needs to be a bench player which I think he was brought into be but has been playing nostop because everyone has been just so bad all year.

He's fine as a bench player not a starter.

whill4, DDR and Andreas repped this.
  20. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    What, when did that happen?

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    On the way back from Genoa after the Sampdoria match. A fan complimented him in his amazing penalty, letting him know he paid a bunch of money for tickets and flight. Osvaldo threw his bag on the ground and got in his face.

Andreas repped this.
  22. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As I always said, Pizarro was quite an incredible player for us.

Forza_Totti and Andreas repped this.
  23. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't think anybody disagrees that he was an important player for us for a while. However, that's not mutually exclusive to the opinion that it was time for the club to get rid of him. We got some good years of play out of him, but it's better for us that he's not around at this point of time.

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think that Pizarro not being able to play with continuity even after leaving Roma says a lot about where he is in his career and with his health. The cycle of Pizarro ended, and I would not even say that it ended prematurely because of Roma. We came close to two titles with the best Pizarro and should be grateful for the wonderful memories.

The biggest mistake was not selling him but not replacing him. Our love of De Rossi lead us to believe he could run the entire midfield and clearly we underestimated just how much David made things work. It should also not be undersold that he played against the coach and that is something which can not be tolerated or forgiven, at least in my opinion.

Vulpinous and shiboboo repped this.
  25. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    hahahahhaa hilarious.