Why Neymar should go to Chelsea

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Izzy9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lately I've been thinking the following:

Mourinho will leave Real M, CR7 will follow him whatever Jose goes and that will mean that Real M will go for Neymar. A year ago I didn't think that would be possible, but now I do.

2. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I will be glad if Neymar joining Real w/o Mourinho

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL, if RM can't bridge the gap to less than 10 points by mid-January, it's all over. Should they leave at the end of this season, their tenure will be considered a failure.

4. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    If Neymar goes anywhere it will 100% be on his terms, meaning he won't be on the bench regardless of the team. Also he will go into a team that's a contender, he's not going there to entertain offers and who pays more, he's going to win tournaments and with that take home Ballon D'Or.

Barca has already tried really hard for him and will continue to do so. If they are still the top team in Europe in 2014 he'll likely head there.

Also some people have been saying he needs to play on bigger stages to see how he does under pressure, and he needs to move to Europe to learn more...

what does that mean?

He has played in big stages, he has more pressure to perform on him right now than any other player in the world and what exactly will he learn?

5. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Am I the only one here who gets the impression, that some people in here draw their whole self esteem from the success of Neymar and want him to join a top club with 9 Messis feeding him, to boost their own ego and increase their imaginary bragging rights?

6. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar will end up at Barcelona, Neymar and messi will be one of the greatest combinations ever... They will be deadly up front, both are the best dribblers in the game today.

7. Swordsman

Swordsman Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Neymar could come to United, Fergie will mould him into a world class player. he could become the 2nd united player to win Ballon d'Or since Ronaldo.

8. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Rumour said ManU wanted to trade Nani + CASH to lure CR7 back to Old Trafford in next season

9. Swordsman

Swordsman Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    CR7 won't be coming back to Old Trafford unless he buying out his own contract, he is just too costly for United.

10. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    You are surely not up to date ... CR7 has a price cut in the range of 60mils now ... that's why ManU want to trade hime back with Nani + cash.
    On top of the fact that Real is in (back) in the crisis and they need a "fresh team" and/or fresh coach ... (just like their 1st galacticos era in mid 2000)

11. Swordsman

Swordsman Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i thought Madrid value Ronaldo at 122m pounds. 60milion pound. hmm but how much can Nani fetch. 20m the most. United need to fork out at least 40m in cash.

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Supposedly it’s Nani+De Gea+cash. But I doubt Fiorentino would even sell Ronaldo. Fiorentino’s ego is too big and Ronaldo is still a cash cow for them. Of course if Ronaldo keeps whining like he did before they might do it.

13. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    That's the whole point for good players to go playing in big teams in Europe: dealing with pressure and against top class opponents

Henry was different case> He was a 2nd forward/main striker for years in EPL but he gotta adapt to be a left FW st Barca! Neymar was always a wide forward for Santos and Brazil - Barca would use him in his 1st day there!

14. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I wanted to see Neymar in any great team except Barcelona ...

15. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And now?

16. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012

How so? I did not ...
    Barcelona is a great team and Neymar will probably do well there. However, the ace of the team is Messi and will be for many years, he's only 25. The team plays for him, he will always be the best there.
    If Neymar is there, it will take much longer so he can shine like the star of a great team of European football. Like the others, in Barcelona it will be another helper Messi and score 15/20 goals on the year (like Pedro, Fabregas, Villa, etc etc)...
    Therefore, i would prefer to Real Madrid or some other ... more likely to apply as the best player in the world in less time (comparison to Neymar in Barcelona).

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You worded it like it has already been confirmed.

And I don't agree with that. Look at Iniesta and Xavi, they have been world Top 3 combined 5 times during the last 4 years. It's not like Messi is hindering their success, he just better, and you could say that the individual appreciation have also come from being in the great teams (Spain/Barcelona). Neymar won't be the worlds #1 anyway until Messi starts to slow down, so he might just come with the best and enjoy the best football, success, and surely in some years it will be his time.

18. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    It is because his move to Barcelona is certainly treated by the news media in Brazil.

Yes, Xavi and Iniesta are tops and earn prizes, but everyone knows that it will lower the Messi .. in both CL won by Barcelona in recent years, Messi was the main protagonist, as well as other titles won. As he is only 25 years, is likely to play in high level for a few more years and the rest is still the main player on the team, after all, he appeared in Barcelona.

Neymar to go to another team other than Barcelona does not mean it will be the best in the world immediately. But in two years, three maybe, I dunno, could become the great player on a great team win a LC as the main player, or make major campaigns being the star of the team, something that will not happen in Barcelona because there is Messi.

And Messi can be the best player for many years and I believe it will be, but that does not mean they will win a FIFA Ballon D'or in all seasons ... in any season it is not the best player, that's normal.

19. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    However, of course I agree that a move to Barcelona would be good for Neymar ... what I'm discussing is the relationship Neymar/quest to be the best player in the world, you know?

20. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I can see that, and understand it.