Why major European Leagues are easily better than the Brazilian League.

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by worms, May 29, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    this is silly...

Just another superiority argument for the sake of arguing. Getting involved in another Worms flame post about how Europeans are so superior to all of the apes in South America, Africa and Asia..

I'm done have a nice time.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, I guess ancient Ryan Giggs would tear it up here too. Or maybe ancient Maldini who made 30 appearances for Milan in his final season. :rolleyes:

4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, that was my answer to it, I didn't say you were wrong, like you mistakenly said about my post. I know that your self-esteem is low about this, but try not to offend people so hastily.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mengao and Guigs actually agree on something.. Guess there is a 1st time for everything haha

6. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone who has adjusted in his career to faster pace, can play much better in slower environment. It hardly works the other way around.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When you bold someone's post, you are referring to what they said unless specified. Seeing the numbers you've postied around here, it's safe to say you have a tendency to distort the truth. The Russian season is over, so "last season" is the season that just ended (2012-2013).

8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I never distort the truth, you would know that if you have followed my debates here. I gave a source which clearly stated these numbers.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, ask Deco how that has been working out for him.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When Wiki is your sole source, you need to do the due diligence of checking the numbers.

11. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ancient Deco in Brasileiro, seems to be doing ok.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It goes both ways. In some cases (Traore, Eto'o) their NT GPG is higher, in other cases it is lower. So its similar to Brazil in that sense.

But its difficult to take NT goal stats seriously when there are teams like San Marino and Tahiti out there plus an over-saturation of friendly matches that mean nothing. Especially with guys like Neymar and Traore who haven't played many competitive internationals.

13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It isn't my sole source, it's the easiest to access and almost always correct.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok? Your ignorance is amusing.

15. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Says Brazilian. :laugh:

16. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004

You have some points, and that's why BIG GAMES (goals stats) are counted more for NT than (friendly or qualification of Euro with San Marino, Faroe Island, Lithiuana ... LOL)
    In SA it's different thought , WC QUAL and Copa America were all much more competitive than Euro QUAL and WC QUAL of UEFA continents!

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Andre Santos just went to one of the biggest clubs in Brazil. :ROFLMAO:

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This has everything to do with Mano being the coach as they probably still have the same agent.

19. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Each league is a different beast in the football chain of survival. The Brazilian stands on its own and has more than enough accolades to validate its football in all aspects from players, clubs and NT. Is it the best? Maybe or maybe not but what do they need to prove that has been proven? Their league is self sustainable, no doubt but to compare it with other leagues? What for? You either hate the league or just revere as a noticeable league.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Its the Brazilian posters who are obsessed with measuring up to the European leagues. This thread was just created to mock them after countless threads/arguments had been created earlier arguing that the Brazil league is better than the top Euro leagues.

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    your giving worms way too much credit

Emperor Adriano and Guigs repped this.
  22. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clarence Seedorf

European Leagues, age 16-35, 84 goals 582 games, 0,14 GpG
    Brazilian League, age 35-37, 12 goals 34 games, 0,35 GpG

23. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    if gpg tell a story then what's the story of Messi? Is la liga that weak of competition? if you can accept that La Liga is so weak that Messi doubles his NT average in La Liga I'll accept that Seedorf criticism of the league.

C. Ronaldo is even worse.. 1.01 gpg in La Liga, .375 in the NT and .40 in the EPL

Neymar (one of our most prolific scorers in Brazil over the past 3 years) .60 in Brazil, .61 in our NT.

you only see real spike with La Liga. umm I wonder...

So let's conclude our scientific experiment. If you agree that La Liga is weaker than the Brazilian league since the gpg spike (the data you brought into play) is an indicative of bad play, and we analyzed avgs from 4 different players and clearly La Liga sees a spike in scoring from forwards.

We can conclude by your definition that the Brazilian league is better than La Liga..

Thanks for clarifying this for us, next time think before clicking post reply, your data might actually work against you.

24. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Jaweirdo repped this.
  25. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    No i'm giving you the data provided and giving feedback on it, even if you take the EPL out of the equation it would make the situation worse between his NT gpg and his La Liga gpg.

So let me know when you decide to make the time C. Ronaldo was at his peak so we can go through the exercise once more and see that C. Ronaldo and Messi and Falcao (let's add another date to that list) have 2x gpg avg in their leagues in Europe compared to their NT avg.

so go ahead pick the peak for Messi, Falcao, C. Ronaldo, Neymar, Ibrahamovic, Seedorf and we'll make the gpg comparisson between their league and their NT.

you give that to an actual mathematician, and not a person which is biased with opinions, guess what they'll tell you?