Why major European Leagues are easily better than the Brazilian League.

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by worms, May 29, 2013.

1. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol the majority of Brazilian posters on this forum are absolute idiots. The funniest comment I have read by one on here is that no European team (Not Bayern, Madrid or Barca) would make it to the SF of the Copa Libertadores. :ROFLMAO:

Unbelievable how deluded they are when it comes to rating Neymar and especially their horse shit league.

Bums like Fabiano, Hamburg reject Guerrero and pot belly Ronalinho are the stars of that terrible league. :ROFLMAO: Ronalinho is actually fat, he has a pot belly and turns like a truck, yet he is tearing the league up at the moment. That's simply unthinkable in Europe.

He can dominate because your league is slow as ********, by that I mean the tempo of games, teams don't press at all so players like Ronalinho get all the time in the world and can play at their own pace. Against England I actually felt sorry for him, he stood out as easily the worst player on the pitch. Embarrassing. Nearly every team in your league falls back to the edge of their own box when they lose the ball, when Neymar gets the ball by the half way line he can normally turn and run towards goal uncontested for 10 yards or so, giving him plenty of time to think about what he is going to do and giving him various options on which way to dribble. When Messi gets the ball in La Liga, 90% of the time he has a opposition player up his backside so he can't just turn and run towards goal.

The worst thing about your league isn't the lack of quality players, though that is a issue. It is the fact your league is tactically and athletically 2 decades behind most European Leagues.

It's no coincidence that everybody outside of Brazil, whether they are European or African, rates your league behind at least the top 6 leagues in Europe. Personally I think top 9 or 10 is more accurate.

And don't give me crap about Brazilian having a "top 10" or whatever, based on the clubs history, most of those teams would get run of the pitch by the likes of Real Sociedad or Valencia, even Rayo Vallecano for example. Who probably wouldn't have better players than those teams but because they play a modern style of football with organised pressing and counter pressing they would be favorites against nearly every Brazilian team (Apart from Corinthians, the only Brazilian team that plays a modern European style).

schwuppe repped this.
  2. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    You'd better post this in Brazil forum.

3. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I have been warned about critizising the Brazilian League in the Brazilian section of this forum....

4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that's common knowledge? I mean look at thousand year old Seedorf bossing there, with career best scoring rate.

Yeah, you only need to watch couple of matches, to spot the obvious differences.

On pure competitiveness it's great league, but on relative quality, it isn't close to European top leagues.

5. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well yeah, it is common knowledge for everybody apart from the majority of Brazilian based posters on this board. Santista actually made a thread asking whether their league is the best in the world. :D I just find their opinion ridiculous and full of bias, that's all.

6. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't he the guy who claimed that Neymar costs 130M, and if he will be sold less he'll quit being Santos fan or something, and had a mental break down after the figure was about 100M less? There's really no point to pay attention to guys like that.

7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Santista had a mental breakdown a long time ago :whistling:

8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Goddamn wormy!! I really don't want to know your opinion of the Argentine league.

Danakil repped this.
  9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Neymar was sold for 82M check again. As for european leagues they are all top heavy but once you get pass the top two-three teams the quality drops big time. Heck the bundesliga just became a one team league since dortmund two best players were bought by bayern munich.

As for the tactics being two decades behind europe how come corinthians had no problem beating the champions of europe.

[]__[]

s7kru and Danakil repped this.
  10. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You don't know that.

1 game in different points of seasons for both hardly tells anything about the quality of the leagues. A.Madrid also beat them 4-1 and they were the first champions to not qualify from the group stages.

11. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Messi can often turn uncontested too. Because La Liga is a joke league and because Barcelona often pins down their opponents. Those fall back to their own box too. Messi (or any other Barca player) can often turn unchallenged at two-thirds of the pitch. Not always, yes, but often that is the situation as well.
    It's not like that La Liga is extremely tough and defensive.

12. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lately almost never. La Liga has the most overall quality of any league, it has the most technical players and tactically astute teams. What you also fail to understand, is when teams park the bus, Messi never has any space to score. I would also like you to give an example of Messi going unchallenged two-thirds of the pitch? Like ever? Or do you mean he can turn unchallenged sometimes example half line, and sometimes example 10m from of half line?

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I don't discuss any more with someone who calls others liars, delusional and "failing to understand".

All what I can say is: look at some 'Messi vs' videos or full matches. It is evident.

14. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The list is growing rapidly I see. What next?

Yeah, like I don't watch every Barca game.

15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correction: Real Madrid and FC Barcelona have the most overall quality of any league.

you're delusional if you think A.Madrid, Valencia and Real Sociedad got better players than English top teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and The Spurs (not counting United and City).

16. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Umm, do you understand the word overall? Furthermore how many Spanish teams were in QF of this season in CL, and how many English teams?

17. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok,

let's compare the relegated clubs too:

EPL: QPR (has a squad which is worth more than 100m euro's), Reading, Wigan (FA winner)

La Liga: Celta, Zaragoza, Mallorca.

first 5 - United and City = 3. 3 and the last 3 clubs are better than the first 5 - Barca and RM = 3, 3 and the last 3 La Liga clubs of Spain.

18. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no idea what you just said. But if Torres is worth 50M, I can believe that English teams are pretty expensive.

But the worth of players or teams has nothing to do with players present quality or teams tactics, which was the original point.

19. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm trying to say that the EPL is overall the better league than La Liga (except the first 2 teams).

And the worth of players have of course something to do with players present quality. Your butt buddy Messi for instance is worth more than 115m euro's according to transfermarkt.de. The fact that he is quite expensive by the current standards means that he has to be a good footballer. :)

20. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No it isn't. Last season there was 5/8 teams from Spain in UCL and Europa League semi-finals.

After this season Spain finally overtook England in 5 year comparison.

[​IMG]

21. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    An English team won the CL last season.

22. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry didnt know that you were the only one in the forum with information of the sale price. None of us are able to read multiple articles and reports on the sale of Neymar and the price.

[]__[]

23. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, it's included in the ranking.

24. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I guess I imagined Atletico Madrid absolutely humiliating Chelsea in this seasons Super Cup then. A game Atletico could have easily won 6 or 7 nil. And Malaga getting robbed by the linesman of a SF place in the CL. It's not just about players either, teams in the PL are less tactically astute than teams in La Liga. IMO La Ligas the best but this is going of topic so I will leave that discussion for now.

Anyway....I have watched clips of Neymar playing in the Brazilian League and he is standing there doing tricks and step overs etc and the opposition player is just standing there, about 2 feet away from him motionless with his hands on his hips, the player stood there like that for literally 5 or 6 seconds. :D I guarantee you will never see shit like that in Europes top leagues. Players are just so static and lazy in South America, you will often see players walking about while play is going on around them, when in the same situation in Europe the player would be chasing back to help out his teammates or would be running to make himself available for a pass.

I watched some of the Atletico Minerio against Tijuna before in the Copa Libertadores QF. Again, the tempo was just so slow that the only conclusion you can come to is that if they where to play a mid table team from one of the top 5 leagues in Europe they would get run ragged. This was the QF of the continents premier competition, that Tijuna almost looked like a pub team. A team like that wouldn't even qualify for the CL, watch a CL QF game and the level is infinitely higher than anything South America has to offer.

25. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry didnt know that you were the only one in the forum with information of the sale price. None of us are able to read multiple articles and reports on the sale of Neymar and the price.

[]__[]