Why is Tottenham hated so much???

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Catfish, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    England
    I mean Arsenal and Chelsea both hate Tottenham with a passion. Why is this? Just curious. I know Highbury is right down the road from Tottenham, but why Chelsea?

Thanks for your thoughts,
    Patrick

2. jumhed

jumhed Member

Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Dude, you should not have put your question on this board. Now we'll have those f.u.c.king c.u.nts trolling these boards trying to be funny about Spurs. Also you missed out West Ham. They hate us more than Chelsea do. Chelsea have a thing going on with Fulham.

Why do Spurs hate the Arse? Waaaaaaaay back in the mists of time, before me and you were born, Arse were known as Woolwich Arsenal, because they were from Woolwich, south of the river. They were wankers then, but more importantly, their chairman was a complete s.h.i.tbag. He was very powerful, and somehow (due to his corrupt dealings with the FA) engineered Tottenham's relegation (even though we finished above the relegation places) and had us replaced by themselves in the old First Division. Then they moved to North London.

West Ham hate Spurs because.........I've no idea. They're just being weird. I don't feel any animosity towards them. I don't feel proud when we beat them, because beating them is our duty.

As for Chelsea, to hazard a guess I'd say that it's about a lack of any serious neighbours to dislike (Fulham are new to the Premiership), and jealousy. Until recently they were a pretty crap team, with little history to speak of. They took out their frustration on us. I suppose what really irks them is that Tottenham legend Hoddle started off the 'revolution' that now has them where they are. But then they're wankers too.

I hate all London clubs.
  3. Clan

Clan Member

Interesting response.
    Location says London...but i don't believe you are English for a second.

Know whats funny?
    I left home in 1987 to come to the shores of this great land...and that was the last time you lot had a league victory over us.

BTW...i don't think you lot have been "hated" for quite a while by the Chelsea, i mean, we are after bigger and better than you lot.
  4. jumhed

jumhed Member

Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Why not? Is it because I said 'Dude'? I was born and raised in North London. I live 30mins from White Hart Lane and about 20mins from Underhill.

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Know whats funny?
    I left home in 1987 to come to the shores of this great land...and that was the last time you lot had a league victory over us.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Why is that funny? And so what? If only Bosnich had been in goal on Sunday. Cudicini is a great keeper.

QUO[/B][/TE]
    BTW...i don't think you lot have been "hated" for quite a while by the Chelsea, i mean, we are after bigger and better than you lot. QUO[/B][/TE]

Er...all the Chelsea fans I know hate Spurs with a passion. And by 'bigger' do you mean being 99.3million in debt (just watch Bates cut those costs!) And better? Better at being inconsistent. One minute beating a top side, the next getting battered by some part-time side in the UEFA Cup (three years in a row.)

I tell you what. At the end of the season come back on the Spurs board. If you finish above us, I'll take your gloating like a man. If we finish above you, admit that we're better than you.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Oh i'll drop by again don't worry about that fella.

And yes, it was because of the "dude" comment.
    Is that a new thing since i left home?

As for the game i thought a draw was a fair result on the whole.

The end of the season huh.
    I would be very surprised if we finish lower than you...very, very surprised.

The debt thing is a worry...but i have written many articles on our board about it, most of 'em not flattering at all.
    Stop by and pull 'em up.They make for a good read.

Later, er..."dude"
  6. Wildman262

Wildman262 New Member

Clan, what exactly is wrong with Ziege?? I have him on my all foreign fantasy EPL team (which is in 1st place in a league of thousands). I thought he had some minor injury, but week after week he sits out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.