Why ESPN?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by skimmilk, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    k. good luck

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I encourage everyone to do so as well.

They issue apologies for accidental swear words on air. Why this was allowed to go on without even the slightest of acknowledgements is beyond me.

3. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Chong Soo, If a bot auto-named the article wouldn't we see other articles, using the same logical convention, such as:

Sung scores for United
    Won taps home winner against City
    Yong out with broken leg
    Young makes rare appearance for Gunners

I don't know if you don't feel the discrimination because you're not Korean but it's real and it happens albeit overtly the majority of instances. It's easy to say it's not a big deal, don't make a big deal out of it, when it happens to 'other' people.

4. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I sent them a pretty lengthy letter which I will not post here and they sent me this canned response:

The Poynter Review Project cannot respond personally to all the mail they receive, but every complaint is read and noted. When complaints are specific to a show or an article on ESPN.com, they are forwarded to the producer or editor in charge of that content. When there are several complaints on the same topic, we will look to address them in our blog or monthly column. (The same is true for positive comments.) We cannot assure you that your complaints or ours will result in action, but we can assure you they are not lost in some cyberspace void. They are read, thought about, and disseminated.

Thank you,

Russell Goldstein
    Assistant to the Poynter Review Panel
    espn.feedback@gmail.com

5. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Contacted him as well. Let's see if I get a response.

6. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    There's no chance that this was a technical error made by a bot. Every ESPN-affiliated websites have page editors who edit headlines.

7. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
  8. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    You know you are delusional when the exression 'Gook double' sounds like a bot's work to you. Bots aren't exactly known to be lyrical geniuses.

9. nad1998

nad1998 Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Tacoma
  10. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You know I'm usually one to give Chong-soo the benefit of the doubt, but I really can't believe what I'm reading from him. Shame on you. You are a white man and marrying a Korean does not give you a place at 'this' table in any way. Stop it.

1 person likes this.
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree... I was just posting cause it hit a pretty mainstream site but I think it only amplifies the lack of communication and apology of the LDG incident... a far greater error.

:mad::mad: