Why Do You Love The World Cup + Do you have world cup fever yet?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by FORZA NAPOLI <3, Oct 9, 2013.

1. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Why do you love the World Cup?

It's a pretty broad question but I'll explain why I do.

I love the World Cup because it is the greatest thing in the world. Being every 4 years makes you wish it was every year. It is an event that only lasts a month, yet it goes so quick and makes me sad when it finishes, it's the best stimulation besides a vagina.

Another reason why I love the world cup is because you get to watch the best players, there is sad moments and many happen moments, for me when Italy isn't playing, between two neutral teams, it makes me sad when a team gets knocked out, you want them to win, you want to be there to help them.

Another reason why the World Cup is the greatest thing in the world because of regardless of age for me, I want to pretend as if I'm paying in the world cup on the street, it's just a good feeling.

It also gives me a rush, a full range of emotions, we have so much hope for Italy, it is a great way to bring the world together, to bring peace. It makes me happy that poor people can find joy in their life through the world cup. It gives young kids a dream to become a Soccer player.

I also like the venues, stadia, imo the world cup being in Brazil, is great, bunda, music, vibrant coloiurs in the stadium everyone is happy.

The best feeling is that feeling when Italy win the world cup.

I like to read other peoples perspectives on why they love the world cup because not all people watch it, It really is one of the best thing in the world, one of ny goals is to get to a world cup! :)

Who has world cup fever? I do already!

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whos goin to brazil?

for many years i wanted to go but with the recent happenings and i hear how expensive it is on top of being dangerous and a very huge country....im thinkin of sitting this one out. Each team will play in 3 different cities so u have to travel in between, could be as long as 4 hour flights and surely it'll be expensive.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  3. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If I could, I would, no second thoughts.

4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I personally still prefer the Euro Cup.

Daei_10 repped this.
  5. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    why? cuz its the cup!

you can spend millions building a club team, but for me this tournament has more meaning more passion! It's a world wide showcase of talent, almost any team can spring a surprise. Which team can build the chemistry and get on a hot streak. And it wouldn't be a world cup without controversy or debate over the referee or player call ups.

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for bigger nations that have a good team historically it might not be a huge deal but for most other countries who are trying, its a great show case of talent and a great hope to get picked up by other famous european teams. Alot of new players get discovered in this stage so its definitely needed for the game of futbol.

7. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ya, but the next 2 world cups after Brazil are in Russia and Qatar. I don't see myself visiting those countries lol.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know...thats my dilemma too. i could do russia perhaps but Qatar is just beyond stupid. it will prob be moved somewhere else

9. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As much as I would like to see it be moved away from Qatar, I highly doubt it would. I believe their already building the stadiums, for the event.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well they have enough money to pay for 3 world cups and they willl build the stadiums and have their own world cup if they dont get this one lol

key is for big companies and leagues to put pressure and not go by their rules

11. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    European cup? ******** that, World Cup is the greatest thing in the world!

12. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    I don't know if I have the fever, but I am feeling sick to my stomach. The national team defense is total garbage, our midfield is slow and predictable and our attack produces few goals despite all Prandelli's rhetoric about being more offensive. I am really beginning to fear a first round exit. However, even if they make it out of the group stage, this campaign will be looked on in disgrace unless the trophy is brought home. After that record ass-kicking Spain gave us, not even a sparkling semi-final appearance will mean squat.

Ha! Imagine if you will, the 2nd longest running coach, on the 2nd winning-est national team, and all he has to show for it is a record loss. At the very least, if Italy fails to win, hopefully some will see the light lost here, because only the most hard-headed greaseballs (Or kids that don't understand shit) will still live on in denial after that. Hopefully, I am wrong and Italy wins because after all the lost opportunities in the 90's and early 2000's, I'd hate to think that we learned absolutely nothing!

13. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Calm down

La Magica repped this.
  14. filippomo

filippomo Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Club:
    Modena FC
    Loved it since I was a child. At that time it was clearly THE sport event. Still like it even if there are too many teams, it is sometimes played in strange country, it has lost some flair since the most important southamerican payers are all in europe. But anyway yes, it's strange but this year I feel it more than the last edition. One of the reason I'm here, to read something about world football and have a laugh about some people's strange view of the game. I mean, 8 years ago the idiocies on Zidane's Headbutt and the penalty against Australia were really humorous...

15. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
  16. forza 4zA

forza 4zA Member+

Jul 9, 2013
    East Coast US
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Best tournament in sports

FU ECL fanboys! World Cup is the king.

17. forza 4zA

forza 4zA Member+

Jul 9, 2013
    East Coast US
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh, and I hope they bring vuvuzelas back

BBBBBB BBBZZZZZZZZZBBBBBBBZZZZZZZBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Ooh nooooo. Those nasty people are making the Dolby surround sound speakers on my 60" plasma make a annoying noise. Why can't everybody in the world act just like Western Europeans do? Why?....sob"

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this world cup even gonna happen? all i hear are bad stories and how shit is half done lol

19. forza 4zA

forza 4zA Member+

Jul 9, 2013
    East Coast US
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Of course it is.

Always get horror stories before world cups held outside of western europe

20. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Stadiums? Football is played on the street I'm Brazil isn't it ???

forza 4zA repped this.
  21. Free Sempre X

Free Sempre X Member

Nov 3, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Massive World Cup fever here, it pretty much started when they did the draw and has been intensifying every day.

Not only do I love the World Cup, I also love the run-up to the World Cup. The friendlies, the squad selection, the articles, the stories, all of it will fascinate me in the next months. And I hope the Azzurri make us proud. Some of my best memories growing up are from World Cups where Italy played beautifully and gave us glory of one kind or another. I think this can be another World Cup like that.

22. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Italy play Spain again in March

http://www.football-italia.net/43359/spain-italy-go-ahead

I fear people are going to look too much into the result no matter which way it goes. I really hope they don't try and start finally taking friendlies serious b/c it Spain and someone gets hurt b/c of it.

As far as why I love the world cup, its mostly about the connection I have, watching them with my dad.

I'm also starting to feel a little better about Italy's chances but don't think they can win it. The best they can do is bring back some honor to Italian football after the decline of serie a and the record loss Prandelli brought us.

23. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    What the hell is the point of that friendly? FIGC, what a bunch of clowns.

24. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    #24 Scorp redded, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Spain scored four against Italy, but what if Domenico Berardi scores 4 against Spain!?! :eek::laugh:

If that happened, I would definitely be diagnosed with some serious World Cup fever!!!

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you are so stuck on that game.....italy played 10 men, its not fair to say it ended 4-0 when they werent full force

italy also beat germany 4-1 in a WC final, u think they're still b*tchin about it? and germany never beats italy