Why BeINsport is a failure - Continued

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cescfabregas, Jan 9, 2013.

1. psyer

psyer Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Looking at their schedule this week, it looks like they have 1 Championship live, 1 Championship delayed, and 1 nPower League One delayed.

Next week looks like there is 3 Championship live.

2. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I have been preaching patience - yet, vilified for it.

I really like the channel. It has some kinks - but, good football nonetheless.

jeremys_dad repped this.
  3. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think you misread what i wrote...I got my bill down "by" 11.23 not "to" 11.23.

I dont get football channels anymore except for what is offered on ESPN2. I still have access to ESPN3 through my internet provider if that is relevant.

Cheers

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just curious, do they charge $10-25 per match like they did for FA Cup and English League football in North America a few years back?

5. djpower

djpower Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    I currently pay $8 extra per month for Setanta which includes everything. It still frustrates me that Setanta is run on the cheap still no HD only 1 SD channel too many delayed games and they would rather run English 2nd/3rd division games and SPL over Bundesliga and Eredivisie

6. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not at all..bein bports is a shyt channel and heading for the gutter. You couldn't keep goltv up and running. Complete garbage.

Really? What century is this?

What a freaking joke.

7. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Why is it a shyt channel as you say?

I have had it from the beginning and have enjoyed seeing Seria A, Ligue 1 and finally La Liga.

They stepped up to the plate and purchased the USA World Cup Qualifiers when others wouldn't (ESPN, NBCSports, Fox Soccer). I think ESPN and NBCSports are supposed to be Official Broadcast partners of US Soccer.
    With partners like that - who needs enemies?

So what is the deal?

8. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    If you are going to criticize ESPN then get your facts right. US Soccer has zero control over away rights. How many times do you need to be told that? Why would US Soccer expect their partners to be screwed by third parties to be considered partners? You repeat this incorrect bs message over and over. There is plenty to criticize bein and ESPN without making stuff up.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  9. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    It works this way. If the participating countries don't work with our broadcast partners.

US Soccer doesn't work with theirs.

Simple.

10. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We are in tandem there...:p

11. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Have you you not read the responses here????

It's shite because poor game selection, not showing key matches, no streaming service, third rate commentators...ect ect ect..

A piss poor channel NOTHING compared to its Arab cousin... This is down to its management group IMAGINA and Antonio Briceno.. When they fire him and IMAGINA this channel might get back on track.

Again.. Why do you people accept mediocrity? Mind numbing....

Cantona---

12. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    You posting in this forum will change NOTHING!

I have been pretty happy.

Give me an example of poor game selection.

What key games have they not shown?

No streaming service? I get that. From what I am told ESPN 3 solves that problem. Everyone who has it says it is the greatest streaming service alive.

Announcers - I won't get in the Phil/Ray discussion. No point. Do I like all the announcers - No. I am grateful to see the games. I never had Goltv before. No channel is perfect.

I guess no one is making you watch.

Have you looked into getting the Arab cousin as you describe. Maybe that is a solution.

Looking forward to your responses.

13. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    No response CescFabregas?

14. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cantona covered it well...

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless it's Barca and Real you can pretty much count on poor game selections.

How's cutting into a game during the second half, just so you can show part of it live? Would that count?

You clearly haven't been reading this thread. beIN Sport owns the streaming rights to the leagues as well, that means NO ESPN 3.

Considering their lack of coverage of certain games it's not hard to not make us watch.

Not available in the US.

16. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So you are saying unless Barca and Real are playing each other? Or, whomever Barca and Real are playing.?

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, yes I am.

18. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    What key game did they cut into to just show the second half live? I know when they showed the League Cup there was an issue - I didn't think it lasted all the way to the second half.

In terms of streaming - I understand. Have you tried calling someone at beIN and asking?

I will have to take your word that Al Jazzera cousin is not available in the US.

Dish has a Dish Arabic Pack. Wonder if it is available there?

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In October they show the Barca-Real game live, when that was done they cut into the Milan Derby, Milan vs Inter, during the second half.

I've emailed, tweeted and posted on beIN's facebook page, but if they ever respond they say they're working on it.

As for the beIN Sports you can find in France, or the Al Jazeera sports channel, you can't get it in the US. There are broadcasting rights issues that come into play, you can't have two channels showing the same game live when one channel owns the rights within the US.

20. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So what would have been the solution for the Barca/Real game and Milan Derby?

So don't show Barca/Real live and show Milan Derby live Barca/Real taped? You would have complained.

Show Barca/Real live and then show Milan Derby taped starting in first half and show the Milan game taped in it's entirety. You might have complained about that too.

21. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I am a firm believer in picking up the phone and calling someone.

In my professional life - to get something done I almost always call someone with an answer to a question. Even if they have e-mailed me the question.

If I need to call my tv provider - I always call.

Tweeting, Facebook and e-mail are great. Yet, in my opinion - there is nothing like picking up the phone.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have two channels, how about one live on one channel and the other live on the other channel?

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling your tv provider is a lot different than calling a tv channel. beIN doesn't even list their phone number on their website.

24. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Unfortunately they don't have two channels currently. Is there another soccer channel currently that has that.

You are holding them to a standard you don't hold anyone else to.

What would have been an option with the set up they have?

25. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I bet if you looked hard enough you could probably find it.