Why BeINsport is a failure - Continued

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cescfabregas, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huh? There's beIN Sport USA and beIN Sport espanol. They often show two different games at the same time.

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of like their Spanish league coverage.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're a fan of La Liga then beIN was the best thing to happen to the league in the US in a long time. Their primary coverage is La Liga, from the games to the coverage during the eXpress. It's clear as day what is beIN's primary focus, and that's great for fans of La Liga, but for fans of Serie A it's been a step backwards. A MAJOR one.

Cantona repped this.
  4. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So they have two channels - just choose not to use it in your instance.

Where is your beef then?

5. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I am with you. However, Seria A chose beIN.

Are there any other ways to watch Seria A besides beIN?

6. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    if you have the bein spanish channel, they play all the serie a games. doesnt make sense one bit.

7. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Dante - I never saw a response from you?

8. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    get a C-Band dish and turn on RAI

9. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Good idea.

Possibly an idea for Dante.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What channels are you getting? They don't play all the games at all. Let's take this past weekend as an example. On Friday they showed the Milan vs Genoa game live on both beIN channels. Saturday they did NOT show the night game live. Then on Sunday morning they showed the Juve vs Catania game on beIN Sport USA and Napoli vs Chievo on beIN Sport espanol (at the same time). They didn't show any other game live, not even the night game.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I answered you on page 9, here was my response.

to which YOU replied

and I replied (at the very top of this page)

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the remedy to the problem is I should now have to pay more to get what I used to get because a tv station doesn't know how to manage itself properly.

No thanks, I'm not putting another dish up at my house.

TJNash and cescfabregas repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can always move to Dish Network or back to my local Time Warner Cable and get RAI International, but I don't want to downgrade what I already have.

14. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So you are mad they are La Liga centric instead of more Seria A, right. I would guess there are more La Liga fans as opposed to Seria A in the US.
    When you say it doesn't know how to manage itself properly - you never presented a palatable solution to the Barca/Real - Milan Derby situation you posted earlier about (I get you said two channels yet they didn't do that - since they weren't going to do that what would have been a palatable substitute).

beIN has two channels like you wanted - they just didn't use it in the situation you described.

15. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So you have Direct TV then?

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A palatable solution would be to show every Serie A game live, on both channels. We all know that won't happen though. I already offered a solution, one that apparently is not good enough for you. I really can't offer anything else.

18. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Showing every Seria A game live isn't going to happen.

It's not that it isn't good enough for me - it's not based in reality. beIN chose not to do that. So, I asked you given that fact what would have been your solution. You don't want to chose. Just bitch. I get it now.

Even FSC didn't show every Seria A game. I guess you were mad at them too?

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that, and have said it before.... and before... and before. I even said that in the post you just quoted.

I offered you a solution, I really don't know what else I can say other than show one game on one channel and one game on the other. Honestly, what other solution do you want me to come up with?

I think you're purposefully being obtuse in regards to this. I chose, you don't care for my choice. Fine. Just move along.

Not at all, because I knew FSC couldn't show every game live. BUT, FSC did show roughly 5 games a week live. You could be guaranteed the saturday night/sunday night games were live as were the Sunday morning games and usually the saturday morning games. Same goes for weekday games.

20. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I am being obtuse?

. They weren't going to show both games live on two seperates channels. I asked you to solve the problem using their parameters - you don't want to. Ok.

I have looked and they have three Italian games scheduled for this weekend. Not five. Three. Given the number of properties they have that is not bad.

As I said - they are La Liga centric - La Liga is probably more popular than Seria A in the US.

I like beINSport because they stepped up and purchased the US away WC qualifiers when others could have and didn't. They also have South American WC qualifiers.

If you want to complain - don't let me stop you.

21. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I only get beintv but i check espanol from time to time even though i dont get it. My friend has verizon fios and had a channel that played a good 75% of the games.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beIN Sport espanol showed two live Serie A games this weekend, one on friday afternoon and the other sunday morning. And umm, hate to break it you but Verizon FiOS doesn't have beIN Sport yet. So your friend isn't watching anything on beIN Sport.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said, and I quote...

I offered a solution that they could have done, it was apparently not good enough for you. Then you go ahead and say that I have to use their parameters, well I did because in other instances beIN has shown a game from one league on one channel and a game from another league on the other channel. Apparently that's still not good enough for you.

I can't really offer anything else, and to be honest I don't really want to. It gets tiring dealing with you.

Where do you see three live games scheduled for this weekend? For beIN Sport they have two live games scheduled, one on saturday and one on sunday. There are no games listed for beIN Sport espanol yet.

Other than Barca and Real you'd find little interest in any of the other teams.

Awesome, enjoy them. I don't care about any of those.

Thanks for your permission.

TJNash and Cantona repped this.
  24. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I didn't say "live" - so you only watch the games if they are "live"?

25. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What do DTV have that TWC doesn't. Sunday Ticket?? Not for long...