Who will win euro 2012?

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Dec 7, 2011.

1. gutter_trash

gutter_trash Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the winner of the group of death will be on good footing to win it all IMO, including Denmark yeah.
    Beating Germany, Netherlands and to lesser extent Portugal is like a mini-Euro 2012 in itself, the winner of this group.

LOL poo poo groups with big teams having it easy. The group of death is the one to watch and the survivors of this will come out on fire.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Did you watch the Newcastle x Man City match? Silva had a great match! He did struggle a bit before last week. If he's burned-out its not a big problem because there's a 4-week break between competitive games after Man City's last match this Sunday.

Agree with the rest of your post though. Puyol is not a big loss because remember they have Javi Martinez who could play CB. The bigger worry is Xavi who is struggling to recover in time for the Euros.

3. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    i should have said ' i think a side performs better with iniesta and xavi in the middle, rather than xavi in the middle with another and iniesta pushed forward' rather than 'iniesta performs better'. he is consistent whichever he is played in.

4. Prisoner_cbh

Prisoner_cbh New Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Germany will win. I've put a lot of money on them so they must win, or I will become homeless.

5. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    200 dollars is what your home costs? lol.

6. rusrocket

rusrocket Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Must be a very rough neighbourhood:)

7. Prisoner_cbh

Prisoner_cbh New Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    I was exaggerating a bit:) But it is much more than 200 dollars I can tell you. But I have faith in Germany. They are strong and have a very good team. And why is the text getting smaller? Gah.

8. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal is gonna win cause CRISTIANO .

U mad bro?

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, in Euro 2008 the winners of the group of death got trounced by Russia! Granted what helps this time is that the qualifiers from the group of death play against the qualifiers from the group of life.

10. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    One of which will likely be Russia...

11. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    so my tip for you is go find a nice cartboard box and look for a warm viaduct for after the group stage

12. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I see a lot of people losing a lot of money by dumb bets, losing homes etcetera. It's my responsibility as an honest Dutchman to inform you about our team, so that you I warned you before placing stupid bets.

- Almost every tournament the Dutch are in the so called 'group of death'.
    Every Euro since 2000, Holland were in the group of death.
    Every time we made it out of the group, in fact every time since 1988. The same for World Cups, except 1934/1938.
    - Portugal is our 'angstgegner'. The only times we lost a game after 90minutes on an Euro or World Cup in the period from 1998-2010, were against Portugal in 2004 and 2006*. For the rest of the time we never lose after 90min so it's fine to put money on a win or draw on Holland. Historically the Dutch have a difficult time scoring against the Portuguese.
    - 3 topkeepers, topmidfield and attack (including topscorers Bundesliga and EPL). Only defense is a problem child, especially the leftback position. We solve this by placing an extra DM.

* sorry, I forgot the historical groupgame against Czech Rep '04, 2-3, Germany kicked out of the group :D

13. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Come On Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Ireland great team since Trappatoni.
    Still remember Pat Bonnor wc '94 against Holland (Jonk)....goallllllllllmorning america (eurosport)

Deand21594 repped this.
  16. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    great times lol, our first international tournament in 10 years - I can't wait for EURO 2012 !!

17. gutter_trash

gutter_trash Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he underperforms on the national team compared to when plays for Real Madrid,
    he hasn't been consistant for Portugal

18. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    you FAILED to mention in 2002 you didnt even qualify for the world cup lol so of course you werent beaten in 90 minutes.

19. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    and 2010 world cup with Cameroon, Denmark and Japan wasn't really considered a group of death but granted, it was far from easy.

20. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Why mention if it's about betting at tournaments.
    We're just very hard to beat in regular time on tournaments, but if you want to be stubborn, you're free to put your money on a loss of Holland and/or Holland not going through the group phase!
    I know better. My combined bets are this: Holland - Germany (1,2 = win or draw), Portugal-Holland (2,3), Netherlands-Denmark (1). Further Denmark - Portugal as a single bet on Denmark, high odds (3.60-3.40-2.00) but a very reasonable chance that Denmark will win that game!!

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I agree. Holland will probably get out of their group. Playing Denmark first is an advantage IMO and if they get the 3 points straight off the bat the pressure will fall on the other teams in the group.

Recent history shows that Germany isn't at their best during the group-stage, so if you want to knock them out it may be early or never.

22. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Holland will get through for sure. They're too good. Look at their attacking talent they possess - RVP, Robben, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Jan Huuntelar etc. It's unreal!

23. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    ..but unfortunately we probably won't win it all
    but ever disadvantage has its advantage. we're hungry for that price, it will taste sweeter than ever if we win. just like finally f#kcing a girl after she'd played hard to get for some time, probably nicer than a easy sl*t :speechless: .

everybody is talking about Holland, Spain and Germany, but this time there are no real favorites. I can see like half of the teams have a chance of winning it.

24. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So usually there are huge favorites but THIS time with Portugal being as good as always (or bad), England, France and Italy with almost new teams and only Spain, Germany and Holland with strong teams and there are no favorites? Of course there are!

But as ALWAYS everyone has a chance. Favorites are still there!

25. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    You underestimate at least France and Italy.