Who loosened the purse strings?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SeventhRowScreamer, Jun 12, 2009.

1. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yesterday I heard two 10 second spots (literally) on 92.5 and FCD sponsored tonight's ch8 weather. WHAAAAAAAAA?:confused:

2. Quills

Quills Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Richardson
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone's going to get fired once Wagner hears about this. ;)

3. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    We saw a 1/2 page ad for the Houston game in the Quick yesterday.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw a billboard for the Houstank game as well as advertising for the alumni game and happy hour on LBJ Westbound in Garland yesterday

5. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 FCD commercials on channel 8 news this am. 2 within about 10 minutes.:eek:

6. marco4

marco4 New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Troy, NY
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, people, you're starting to freak some of us out. I read any more comments like the preceding and me and my canned goods are going straight to the basement.

7. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe Mike's paying for it all. after all, he has been saying things will change.;)

8. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 times this week I have seen COLOR advertisements in the DMN covering the full width of the bottom of a page in the sports section.

9. germ75

germ75 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have seen these before in the DMN, but the good news this time, they are actually before the game, not two three days later.....small steps..

10. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh so snarky:p

11. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way! FCD has decided to act like a real pro team?

Someone must have told them that it helps if fans show up at games.

12. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, the big question is if nobody shows up to the game tonight (other than the orange people) will they continue to advertize?

13. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's obviously a problem somewhere.... I have always thought at least Frisco should be supporting the team, they're close, they do play soccer, the team brings recognition to the town.

Then I went to the Wingstop next to my hotel, the Comfort Suites, that's actually in connecting parking lots to PHP. It was still early, like 4, and they were working on the sound on all the tvs in the place. While I was waiting for my order to take to the tailgate, I asked the girl there how many of the tvs would be tuned to the FCD game later on. She gave me a dumb look, like "WTF? man, soccer?" She said "why would you care, you're going to be at the game?" Ok, I get that anybody in the neighborhood should be at the stadium, but there shouldn't be this apathy, or worse, to the game that's going on right behind their parking lot. In the stadium that carries the name of their restaurant. FCD should be pissed.

14. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    And this is something I am convinced the owners never fully understand - When you run an organization with apathy, everyone else does as well. Sponsorship or not, Pizza Hut and every other business owes FC Dallas nothing and once the owners start caring about their organization, perhaps others will to.