Who Knew About This Jerramy Stevens Thing? Womens' Soccer Related

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Romario'sgurl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. lolGOL

lolGOL Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty sure Solo complimented Sinclair on twitter directly after the match. Called her best in the world, as I recall.

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Good for her. The comment I posted was from an after match interview and she was prolly still feeling a little raw about it.

3. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    She should feel raw, those were world class goals, but the defense marking Sinclair was horrible. And come on 3 times? Fool me once...... Of course header goals are bs, so super easy that anyone can do them, that is why Wambach is a joke.

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    As I mentioned before, it was the third goal that hurt. It literally would have hit LePelbit even if she had nodded off if she hadnt left her spot on the post. Sinc was also marked by Buehler on the play who is not tall enough to win a ball in the air in that match up. After she scored the hat trick they started marking her with Lloyd on set pieces btw. Of course Wambach continued to mark space on the set pieces, making me think Pia had money on the over/under. :)

5. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Sinclair getting one header goal versus a bad marker makes some sense, but after that it was criminal. You would think the defense gets some practice against tall decisive heading players when they scrimmage with Abby. Even so they have Abby as a floater to use her nose for the airborne ball to find it and win it first, she clearly didn't do that in the Canada game. They should have put her on Sinclair.

6. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If I were Sermanni my first decision of taking over the team would be to dump Hope Solo. She's a crisis waiting to happen. He'd always have to be worried about her accusing him of pushing her, or slapping her, or harassing her in some way.

Sermanni has two-plus years to find a goalie for the next world cup in 2015 and lots of talent is waiting in the wings. Solo's skills are not so unique that she can't be replaced.

7. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky you're not Sermanni then. Bini's already doing his thing over at France. Let's keep him, any like him, and his project de vie far far away from the USWNT. We already have our problems. Let's not compound them by dropping world class players from our roster because people can't handle a little controversy and headlines.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Bini is
    Bini is believed to use a magic 8 ball for personnel/substitution decisions.

Morris20 repped this.
  9. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO:

I don't think Solo is that crazy. She wasn't the one hidding under the bed or using the stun-gun on people. She's a solid keeper through 2015, and if the backline issues continue, they will need someone like her, because I can invision them having a shootout (6+ goal game) with someone to win the WC. She rememebers her errors from the Brasil game when the closed her out for about 1 year, is smarter than that now. No one can do anything about the crazy home life and dancing with the stars but that's just who she is. Bad press is better than no press at all.

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  11. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    You think the two things are connected somehow?