Who Knew About This Jerramy Stevens Thing? Womens' Soccer Related

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Romario'sgurl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Really? You misrepresented what she is on the record as saying because you are concerned for her happyness?

Hahaha

I guess you are now getting caught in your own lie.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    srsly? You're over reacting. BrooklynSoccer wasn't lying but asking for confirmation about what Solo said about two other events in her life. She did say the DWTS partner hit her. She claimed Ryan shoved her. Now she says she's never been hit so it is natural that some folks want to double check what context Solo is talking about in her statements.

sitruc and BrooklynSoccer repped this.
  3. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    actually, I didn't misrepresent and that was the point of this rather annoying convo with you.
    is your reading comprehension that of a 10-year-old?
    sorry bigsoccer.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Yeah you did.

But I'm just pointing it out because I'm concerned for your happiness.

Katreus repped this.
  5. IMAL11

IMAL11 New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  6. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

He was arrested because of the first arrest, which violated his probation. It's not like he went out and did something else.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes it much better.

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until about 2015 or so, when it can be irrelevant, I guess.

10. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I think most care about hope's well being now and post wnt. But I'm not certain she will be starting 2015. It will be interesting to see what happens and how she and tom handle the situation. Hope had a great oly finals but I do not think she had a great tournament, by any means. 3 in against France. 3 in against Germany She looked off to me.

11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Germany didn't qualify for and wasn't in the Olympic finals. I'm pretty sure they didn't score on her.

12. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Canada Hey Clive!

13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Wasn't the score against France 4-2?

14. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I'm going off memory. Exact score isn't the point, Clive. It's the bigger picture. Her olys werent great

sitruc repped this.
  15. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe someone with knowledge of the criminal court system can explain the arrest report. http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/PublicI...4&r1=d3d3LnRhbXBhYmF5LmNvbQ==&k2=Mzg1NzYxMDU5

Stevens was arrested at a private apartment in Tampa. Its unclear to me if the violation is based on a new procession charge or on a previous procession charge in Fla. or other state that violated his probation. If it was the latter, would he not have been ordered to surrender to the Sheriff's office?

And if it is the former, what was he doing in Florida instead being in Portland to see his new wife at the game?

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Hmmm... I'll agree you are going off memory.....;)

Exact score was important when you were trying to make your point. Maybe it gives you appreciation for her position when you think she isn't being consistent.

She won the Golden Glove in the World Cup last year.

and for this Olympics, the USA maybe doesnt get gold if not for this:

and she has gotten a couple of those every cup she has played in. the person who didn't have a great oly, in my opinion, is the person who gave up that ball and made other mistakes, including against Canada.

They haven't announced the Golden Glove award for the olympics yet, or the Golden Ball or Golden Shoe. I think they are trying to figure out what to do about Sinclair getting it.
    I am pretty sure it's in the regulatons that they do it, but it might have to wait until the end of the year.

Any bets? she did win gold for her performance, you know.

I think you may be conflating her personal life with her football performance.

TsovLoj repped this.
  17. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I think the goals Hope gave up at the Olympics except for the first one against France had much more to do with the defense looking like swiss cheese then with anything Hope did.

Katreus repped this.
  18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    In defense of Solo at the Olympics, her defense gave up those six goals. Both balls by France were rockets. Her best chance was the one on one against Sinclair. The two headers were perfectly placed although the second one would have hit LePeilbet right in the face if she hadnt moved off the post. The Japanese goal was ping ponged around in the 6 yard box. It's not like she gave up soft goals. On the other side, the always gracious Solo did call the Canadian goals "awkward". Big sigh.

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    My current working theory on the Solo marriage is her book publisher paid for the wedding :D

20. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like it when teams score goals on us, but when they do, one of my favorite things to do is check gifs / photos of how pissed off Solo looks. :D

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I dont mind her being competitive but Sinclair score three pro goals. A tip of the hat is pretty much required following a hat trick.

22. Hothitter

Hothitter Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Glendale, CA
    I get a kick out of it too, but compared to the antics of her male counterparts, Solo seems downright serene. The open ridiculing and dressing down of defenders by goaltenders in the men's game is a running joke. Most of my non-soccer loving friends cite this as one of the factors that turns them off. It may be a cultural thing.

23. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    actually, this is a good. they are definitely licking their chops, for sure. they just need him to have additional arrests, and her to implode on twitter and the new coach. they will definitely have an oprah book club best seller.

24. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solo looks like a hurt Poodle when they cut to a close up of her face after being scored on. It's pretty funny and I never thought of making GIF files on the looks.

25. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and maybe for hubby's bail, too.