Who Knew About This Jerramy Stevens Thing? Womens' Soccer Related

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Romario'sgurl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
  2. orange crusader

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    You may be under estimating her, give her some time. Something tells me this isn't the last time we'll hear of Hope's non-soccer related activities.

Nacional Tijuana and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said before that I don't think Solo will be the automatic starter in 2015. There are young and hungry keepers on pro teams right now working on their game so they're ready to snatch that job from Solo. And she doesn't like to be challenged that way* so I doubt she'll handle a real competition for the job well.

*Why does everyone think Loyden has been the auto 3rd keeper since those two played together in STL? She and Solo are tight. And Solo knows she's not a real threat.

4. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what I meant by being dumfounded by Jillian. Jillian's sister was killed this past Feb. by the sister's boyfriend, the father of their 1-year-old son and "a man she once called her best friend". I don't know if the boyfriend had any history like Stevens'.

5. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007

Sorry, Solo is a train wreck, but she was still the better keeper in 2007. It's clear that Ryan's decision making failed him in China.

6. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Loyden is Hope's stable pony. A stable pony is a companion animal for thoroughbreds. They are docile and subservient to the alpha horse which tends calm the alpha horse.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the point of MRAD's post.

(Hint: Our friend MRAD's not saying Scurry was the better choice from playing perspective nor that Ryan was sensible for making the switch.)

8. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    She has that trashy Tonya Harding quality about her.

sXeWesley and taosjohn repped this.
  9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So she'll be boxing Paula Broadwell on tv in a few years?

lockhart_13, jocasta and sitruc repped this.
  10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was thinking more like dodgy video lol

sitruc repped this.
  11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    None of it made sense to me from the start. At least four people show signs of injury and a stun gun was used on someone (not necessarily one of the four injured people). Meanwhile, a group of "unwanted guests" left the scene before police arrived. Frankly, I'm not even sure there were any other people involved. I want to hear some 911 calls. Anyone up to doing some digging? Has it even been confirmed that Solo and Stevens got married? This is all crazy. I'm almost waiting for a body to be found and to find out Stevens married Solo so he wouldn't have testify against her.:eek: All of these people need help.
    At least I now know I'm not the only one who watched Celebrity Boxing or the video... :oops: (I'm not sure which I should be more embarrassed about.) I'm still a huge Nancy Kerrigan fan. I wish she had won Gold. While nowhere near as ********ed up as Tonya Harding's life early on, she didn't have a great family either. I think her brother was even more recently charged with having something to do with their father's death although she defended her brother.

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kerrigan's mother is blind and her brother a bit of a drunk. He was convicted of assault & battery that resulted in his father's death. He was jailed over it and still has some problems. The family was prepared to testify in his behalf.

sitruc repped this.
  13. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The happy couple, off of Solo's Twitter feed:

[​IMG]

14. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well, that's that.

Congrats, Hope!

Katreus repped this.
  15. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, she looks happy. Congrats to Solo and Stevens on their marriage - hope it's a long, peaceful, stable, and happy one!

sitruc repped this.
  16. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $700 k doesn't go that far in Portland. It will get you a nice house in a good urban neighborhood, if you want to live in the city itself. But "goes very far" -- I guess it depends on what you mean, butI don't think so.

17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Is there a big housing boom in Portland or did the new league hold it's draft and I missed it :confused:

18. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like how Hope has to bend down a little to not reveal how tall she is compared to that guy. Anyway her personal life is somewhat entertaining to read about at times but I just care about how well she does as our number 1 keeper and as long as this dude doesn't screw that up, it's all fine with me. This guy better not beat her up so that she can't play.

19. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Actually she is sitting down and he is standing. In the pumpkin carving picture he is much taller then her with both standing.

20. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bristol Palin recieved $300K for Dancing with the stars. I'm assuming that is the min. that anyone gets for being on that show who has some stasis. Solo had to got at least that much $300K +

21. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Stevens lists as 6-7", 260 lb. Hope doesn't need to stoop to protect his ego.

22. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I am incredibly stunned and disgusted by this news. If I was not certain before, from her detached, self-absorbed gaze, I now know that Solo is seriously unstable. If no one knew just how crazy her father was, her choice of spouses provides e a clue. The headlines might as well have said, "SOLO WEDS HOMELESS UNEMPLOYED ALCOHOLIC DAY AFTER VETERAN'S DAY".

The sheer degree of repulsiveness of Stevens is mind-boggling. Could Solo have picked any lower? She must have had 100s of marriage offers a week from regular Joes. Yet she picks the most shameless thug that she could possibly find, outside of from shopping at the state prison craft store.

I know Hope does not elicit much sympathy with her flagrant ploys for attention, but domestic violence is amazingly unfunny. Women (and men) don't marry crazy people or thugs for no reason, and a world class talented athlete on a downhill slide is not amusing.

btw, Loyden's "blessing" of this monstrous joke of a marriage is sick and wrong. The news that her sister was killed her boyfriend makes it all even more shocking. The lunacy of her posting inspirational walk with god tweets about witnessing with her teammates, while she turns a blind eye to such glaring dysfunction... ugh!

23. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    nice sermon. i hope your life is beyond great and perfected, but you can hide your misdeeds behind a keyboard unlike mrs solo and her hubby. lets hope one day you don't end up on the evening news in your city, or i'll be the first one...:ROFLMAO:.

sitruc repped this.
  24. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I am not preaching, I am shocked and depressed.

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Everyone remember this moment. I am Repping newsouth.

dianamo-superstriker repped this.