Who Knew About This Jerramy Stevens Thing? Womens' Soccer Related

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Romario'sgurl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I said this in posts before, after all is said and done, Hope Solo's antics will make Greg Ryan seem the sensible, intelligent decision maker.

2. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But not the one with two gold medals. :D One could say that was the most intelligent (football) decision!

3. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I see that a few "urban" focused blogs/sites have picked up the story.

Hope there aren't children involved..

4. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well according to this article, they did tie the knot last night.

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I sincerely don't mean this as a joke, but I'm not sure who I'm more concerned for Stevens or Mrs. Solo-Stevens.

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hope Solo and Jerramy Stevens reportedly still got married last night after Stevens was arrested.

:ROFLMAO:

Was this thing blown out of proportion? It's like they had a loud argument, a neighbor made the call, and of course the guy gets arrested every-time. I saw in an article that their argument was pretty much about NOTHING. who knows or cares, i guess?

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  7. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I think her brother called the police.

8. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  9. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as she comes on the pitch and is a totally awesome keeper, she could live on Mars married to a Scientologist for all I care.

On another note, anybody want to take bets on how short this marriage will be? Will it be shorter than Kardashian's, Zellweger's, Elizabeth Taylor's,or Spelling's previous marriage?

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solo has and has had multiple endorsement deals that have paid her more than her USWNT salary. On top of those, you don't think Solo wrote that book with no big advance nor went on DWTS for free, do you?

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The deadspin article and the Seattle PI article quote Solo's lawyer as saying she wasn't assaulted. As always w/ Solo, who knows what's really going on. And whatever Solo says about the event won't be but some portion of whatever really happened.

Read that Seattle PI article b/c there's more--Solo's brother called the police and there was another woman at the house w/ a "hip injury" and Solo clearly (by the article's report) did not want her brother talking to the police.

12. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is super gross. Gross and sad.

nightofrefs and sitruc repped this.
  13. Perugina

Perugina Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Grand Rapids MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She really is a train wreck....sad.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Somewhere in Australia, Tom Sermanni looked at a bartender and said, "Make that a double and leave the bottle."

15. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Hold on.

There is pretty much nothing that could do that.

16. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Now I am really dumfounded!

nightofrefs repped this.
  17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    That's a slice of Jill Loyden's life. She watches Solo do something for 90 minutes then gets on Twitter to talk about it. :)

cleansheetbsc, Sandon Mibut and sitruc repped this.
  18. Geoduck

Geoduck Member

Sep 24, 1999
    I figured she had endorsement deals, but I don't have any knowledge of what those would earn. Same thing with book advances. I know reality TV stars can make a lot of money (American Idol contestants were making mid 6 figures on there post-show tours when the show was really hot ... and probably underpaid at that), but Dancing with the Stars is a choice gig - D-list celebrities would probably be willing to pay to get on that show...

Plus I also read that Abby Wambach bought a house in Portland for $700k, which goes very far in that city. Hearing about these personal details does reduce my sympathy for them a little in regard to not having a national domestic league to compete in.

On a personal level, I hope the happy couple chooses to live in Florida. I occasionally go on hikes in the big state park next to Hope's house, and I don't want to worry about Jerramy Stevens or one of the Solo clan stun-gunning me if I happen to get lost and wander into private property... :alien::confused::eek:

19. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She married her dad.

sXeWesley and nightofrefs repped this.
  20. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Don't kid yourself. The median home price for the city is $250k , but $700k in the West Hills where she bought doesn't go all that far. It doesn't even go that far in my close-in East side neighborhood where a 50x100 bare lot is about a quarter mil now.

She bought a fixer-upper, judging by her plea for contractor references.

And Megan Rapinoe also just bought a place in the Pearl district.

21. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I thought she was still seeing that guy who would walk around with no shirt on and the American flag rapped around him like a skirt.

22. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a bit overstated. Solo doesn't do any drugs, doesn't get arrested, and isn't blowing every other guy she meets.

23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Nah, Australian lass. Haven't you been paying attention? [​IMG]

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that Jill's sister was murdered recently by her ex, I'm surprised she's down with this.

25. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for Hope, her brother, and her now husband... The more I read, the less this makes any sense. Which is about par for Solo stories, I guess. Starting to sound less like a straight up "Dude gets mad and hits girlfriend" domestic call and more like "a lot of drunk people fighting but the 911 call is 'domestic' so by law the police need to arrest someone and the guy hiding & with the most blood on him is the likely guy." The longer articles in the Seattle paper make me wonder whether just who got into the bigger fight--Stevens & Marcus or Stevens & Hope. And then there's the rest of the people in the house.

Regardless. If this were a soap, I'd be loling at the shenanigans & potential shotgun wedding & on-coming trainwreck. And part of me is still doing that. But these are real people (even Stevens) so I just hope everyone (even Stevens) is able to stay safe and seeks mental health counseling.

There are only a couple (and you've basically named them, except for Morgan) of USWNT players that have the big endorsement deals. The majority of players do not. A few other players have managed to get smaller personal deals (Cheney had a deal w/ UA at one point but it wasn't big. And I think HAO has/had a deal with adidas. But not for the sort of money Morgan or Solo are able to get)

And, of course, it should go without saying that national team programs generally need a wider pool of players than 22 to build, develop, and test their players. That's what a league is for. But that's for a different discussion.

sitruc repped this.