Who is the bigger flop, Andy Carroll (Liverpool) or Torres (Chelsea)?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by gameson, Dec 5, 2011.

1. amierulaiziq

amierulaiziq New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True . Torres end up at the wrong club and Carroll is not . So Carroll is worst ~

2. Padraig Gill

Padraig Gill New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It has to be Torres - Carroll's move was over valued

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    So far Torres has had some success with Chelsea. Not exactly all due to him but Carroll has fopped BIG time.

4. Sam Dowdall

Sam Dowdall New Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Andy Carroll, just such an over rated player, very little technical ability and has got a pretty shocking goal scoring record compared to torres at chelsea

5. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Since their respective moves Carroll has scored 13 prem goals in 68 games while Torres has 16 prem goals in 90 games.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Compare their goals in all competitions. Torres has scored more in European games/cup games.

7. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Since their prospective moves Carroll has scored 4 goals in 6 FA cups games while Torres has scored 3 in 11 FA cup games and in the league cup Carroll has 1 in 6 League cup games while Torres has 3 in 6.

Torres is not superior in any competition the two are both competing in.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I find that hard to believe. Put up the stats for assists and you see Torres has been more effective. Or even shots on goal.

9. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I was replying to someone comparing their goalscoring records and made a comparison in the competitions they both play in.

10. Sincara2

Sincara2 New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Soccer Village
    If you mean literal flop Neymar..LOL

[​IMG]

....BUT because this is Premier Leauge i'd say Soldado.

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Yeah it is quite unexpected that Soldaldo would have had such a problem in the PL. Perhaps he's just too accustomed to Spain.

12. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tottenham has no one giving him real service, their midfield and indeed entire attack is a cluster********.

As to the topic, LFC sold Carroll. They got back believe 20 million of the 35 they spent... so this comparison doesn't even matter anymore.

13. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acquiring Carroll put Liverpool behind the curve for two years, they basically lost two years because of him.
    Their signings around that time were pretty much all-around horrible it wasn't just Carroll.
    Torres hasn't been great at Chelsea but I think he's been a hell of alot more serviceable than Carroll was in Liverpool.

14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These two statements directly contradiction one another.

It was a big shit sandwich overall regards to transfers until last January. And there are still some more recent buys that, it goes without saying, have yet to pop for LFC, like Alberto and Aspas. The point is Andy was not good on the pitch, and he was overpriced... but it's not his fault alone.

15. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who didn't have their head stuck up their a$$ knew that Carroll was gonna get his big payday and then hit the bars/clubs which is what fat-boy did.
    Is it him alone that cause the demise of Liverpool?
    No, but his face is the first one on the Mt. Rushmore of transfer feces.

16. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, their "demise" -- sitting nicely in 2nd, scoring for fun, well-poised not just for CL place but possibly for a title-challenge.

This so-called demise had begun years before Carroll; it began when Hicks and Gillett took over and began making bad decisions and putting big charges on the club's credit card. At this point the worst is behind LFC, at least for the time being, as the dead weight and insane wages are being culled from the current squad each window and the team is more competitive than it has been in years.

Carroll was never going to be the answer up top... he was bought on prospective best-case potential, and as a statement of intent by the new owners. In the end, many clubs have done a worse than take a 15 million pound loss on a mediocre-at-best striker.

Doesn't even matter anymore, the Carroll saga is over for LFC and Chelsea's Torres nightmare is currently ongoing. The only question for Nando is how many more goals are Chelsea's playmakers going to be able to wring out of him before Roman gets rid of his insane wages for the tidy transfer sum of around 10 million pounds or so.

17. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henderson is turning into a decent buy.

TabLalas repped this.
  18. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #143 idreamofpikas, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Carroll was such a financial flop that we were able to sell him and bring in his goal scoring replacement(Sturridge) with 5m to spare, I'd love to see Chelsea be able to get their replacement out of whatever fee they can dredge up for Torres.

It's not just the £50m fee that Torres has cost Chelsea but the £10m a season wages that see him stay while the likes of Sturridge and Lukaku went elsewhere to score and resort to the likes of Ba and Ett'o to rotate rather than bring in a player like Falcao to cement that striker position.

19. Socceri$mylife

Socceri$mylife New Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Andy... He hasn't done much of anything.

20. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But what had he done before the move? He is still pretty much the same player pre, during and after his time at Liverpool whereas Torres is a shadow of the player he once was.

21. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, which is why it was such a ridiculous signing and another reason why a team and it's front office should never bow to the b!tches and moan's of a fanbase.
    Liverpool fans whined and cried on end that they were selling off all of their good players, well the front office listened to the fans and signed Carroll off of one big year at Newcastle, so the pouty scousers got exactly what they asked for.
    I'm still waiting for another player to take on Saurez from the side and blow his knee out which is exactly what he deserves.

22. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Clearly you know sweet FA about the situation. If the front office had bowed down to our moans we would never have sold Torres in the first place. Signing Carroll was a polarizing opinion among our fanbase and spending that much was almost universally seen as a panic buy on being 13th in the league and being without a recognized goalscorer.

In fairness that winter window looks ********ing awesome in retrospect.

Aww diddums, did the bad man Suarez score past your team.

23. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? So biting a guy (which didn't result in the skin being broken or the player missing a minute of action let along a game) is = a guys career being ruined?

Not saying what Suarez did was okay or acceptable but he was punished for it. Get over it.

And your complaints about pouty scousers not sure where that came from? Who did we sell off? Xabi Alonso (can't really complain if a Spanish player has a chance to go to Madrid, we got a good price and in his defense we tried to sell him the summer before so can't blame the guy I don't) and Torres (we got 50 MILLION for a player everyone could see had lost a step, Liverpool fans complaints weren't that Torres was sold it was how he went about it, Torres waits until June, gives us a chance to sell him out of the league he returns to Anfield and the Kop sings the Torres bounce. Instead he throws a hissyfit, and he is persona non grata). Enlighten me? Anyone else I missed?

Back to the original post "who is a bigger flop" I really don't care anymore between the players. We lost 15 million on Carroll, bad but far from the biggest bath any team has taken on a transfer.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  24. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I don't root for any Premier League teams, I simply enjoy watching to see how all the Americans do for their respective teams.
    In regards to Suarez, he is a disgrace to all professsional soccer/football players and he's a racist as well as a little punk.
    He needs to buy a pair of testicles.

25. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You seriously don't see biting another grown-a$$-man on the field where you ply your trade as a b!tch-a$$ punk move?
    Are you kidding me?
    You really need to take off your blinders, your striker is a little b!tch.