Who is the best uncapped US player?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by aarond23, Jul 25, 2009.

1. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how does that make him a "MLS no matter what is excellent defender?" That's like saying Pakistan is better than Afghanistan, so I must be saying Pakistan is best country in the world.

You're more emotional than a pregnant woman.

2. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, being able to outplay a team like T&T and outclass attackers that at best are cornell glenn isn't much to brag about. I think Orozco has a good future, but he is certainly not top class. Goodson is comfortable with the ball at his feet, as is Orozco, and given the current style the US are trying to play with, Goodson wins out. Orozco may have better lateral movement and such, but Goodson is a force in the air, which is what we want out of our center backs.

3. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Yea Because one-dimensional MLS boderliners..would not be on my squad and that would make both you and Bob cry.

4. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Answer one question, would Freddy Adu be in your 23 right now?

5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    so if this is case why the hell are you responding in this thread and against the theory if the other leagues are better?

6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

no. I have him around just on the outside around 24-29

7. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real answer to the original question is that DeMerit is clearly above the rest of his "competing" counterparts and that MFL doesn't supply the same style of play that MLS and CCC do, and right now, the USMNT is more geared toward the style of play of the two latter.

8. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have no idea what you are talking about either, I have 1 MLS player in my starting XI and that is Landon Donovan and he probably won't be in the MLS next year. In my 23 man roster, I have 5 MLS players: Donovan (starter), Ching (4th striker), Holden (backup RM who could go abroad soon), Clark (backup CM who will also probably not be in MLS next year), and Bornstein (backup LB).

That's hardly a pro-MLS lineup. Especially when it will probably be only 2-3 MLS players by the time the World Cup starts.

I've put together my list of players that the USA needs to look at in this thread. I have also put together my list of players I would select for the World Cup Qualifying roster.

You bitch at my player selection, let's see yours. I really want to see what your lineup would look like.

9. cd715

cd715 Red Card

Aug 22, 2009
    So Marshall has one bad game and suddenly he's bad? He'd been playing like a man amongst boys before that game. The guy is possibly the best defender in MLS, not just a random MLS player.

Goodson - he enters your conspiracy because he used to play in MLS? How about the fact that he was very impressive in the Gold Cup?

As far as bringing Orozco in, I wouldn't at all mind it, but just because he starts in the Mexican league, doesn't mean he should be a shoe in. While the Mexican League is better, it isn't so much better that a player simply getting steady minutes there should be an auto selection here. You're thinking about Spain, that other Spanish speaking country, right?

10. cd715

cd715 Red Card

Aug 22, 2009
    I am nowhere near being a MLS guy, but are you need to worry much less about comparing leagues and focus more on quality of the players and how well they'd fit in with the team's style of play.

Wait, I know, I know, J. Johnson is the second coming of Christ and all...

We all differ in our opinion of the quality in the various leagues, but it comes down to individual skill level. Sure, the league that you play in impacts your development, but it's not everything.

11. soccaisthecoolest

Jul 22, 2008
    Yeah, uh...actually, no....not at all! Believe it or not, Bradley actually calls players up not leagues.

12. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Why does it have to be a conspiracy....is it really that hard to see how England and Italy do it with their players and the domestic League such as wanting them staying with-in the Country's League and each country pushing that their League is the best. The problem is, The USMNT aint nowhere near good enough as a team in depth to continue to call in the players in MLS who are below-average on the international scene and not give Players in a similar League a shot. We should be looking for all options, we need depth.. the Confederation Cup Final Subs (Kjlestan,Bornstein,etc) should tell you why. In Fact you even agree with what i first said in the beggining "its about the players individual quality not the League" and than you go try to Make a joke about "J. johnson is the second coming of Christ" as if somebody is praising him for best USMNT player of the year, when this a thread about best Uncapped player..advocating players who should get a shot to see what they can do.

13. cd715

cd715 Red Card

Aug 22, 2009

How about now?

14. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to bring back a good question from this dead thread.

Right now, Pontius, Williams, and Gatt are probably our best uncapped players. Whitbread is also up there, but his first Premiere League outing shows he could use a little work. I have my eye on Starikov, Moriyasu and Jeffrey. And we can't forget Joe Corona.

15. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gatt certainly has to be #1 among guys who have never been brought in even for a camp by the full men's team (I'm not counting Corona until he expresses an interest in playing for the US).

16. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    well... good question.. i am not sure on all who have not been capped but I would say a good player that maybe needs to be considered is ...

KEEPER - JOSH SAUNDERS... L.A. GALAXY.. he has game and is the real deal... not even sure if he was capped or not though lol

shoot just checked and he was capped by Puerto Rico . ... darn it :(

17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been capped.............For............Puerto Rico! His time spent with the PR Islanders allowed him to essentially earn "sporting nationality" for PR.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The answer is George John.

19. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    Whitbread has one cap? right:confused:

Gatt, Zusi, John, Pontius &

20. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Hamid and Brooks

21. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gatt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHQ3t6rhL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHQ3t6rhL0[/ame]

22. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010

I was gonna say that looked like Ream on D but that wouldnt be fair as Ream would have at least kept his feet. That was too funny.

That defender should never see the field again.

23. JohhnyCaps

JohhnyCaps Member

Jul 20, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought RoboBob capped Pontius in 2009?

I want to say Hondo match??

24. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These three. I think Zusi has continued to develop each year in MLS. If Klinsmann is looking for creative players in the center, Zusi may be a guy who can get a chance.

All of the other top defensive prospects have been capped now: Ream, Gonzalez, Boss, etc. Even other guys like Orozco, Wynne and Ihemelu (John's own teammate) have been given a chance. John has to get a look at some point.

Everyone may be jumping the gun on Gatt a little bit, but he looks like a star in the making. Both he and Chandler have that extra something about them, an extra gear. US fans are dreaming of a day when Gatt and Chandler man the right flank.

25. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I want to make it clear that although I just pimped Gatt out, complete with youtube highlight, I am not saying he is fully ready, just that he should be the next to be blooded.

I had not been one of Bob's biggest supporters, but I have to give him credit for not being shy to hand out caps to the young guys, there are not many sitting out there who are truly ripe.