Who is the best uncapped US player?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by aarond23, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Mullet&Talon

Mullet&Talon New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a weekend in Vegas, "I do", and then about 3-6 months from citzensip ...

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I have absolutely no idea. He looked.........OK.........last year, and he's not getting playing time this year. He's something like 5th on the depth chart of a mid-table Danish team. As of right now......he's not close to the USMNT.

I think people are just looking for Charlie Davies 2.0 (as far as Scandinavia success stories go....not kind of player).

Sometimes because a player is in Europe......people automatically assume he's better than MLS options. I don't think he's as good as a healthy Edson Buddle for instance. At least he hasn't shown me that yet.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I have a feeling that several of those guys on your list will be capped before the end of this cycle. Before the 2006 WC we had 10 friendlies between January and June.........and we looked at everybody who had a pulse. I think in the upcoming camp cupcake we'll probably see Gonzalez, Cameron, and possibly some of your Scandinavian guys there. And I think it's dead certain that we'll take a look at Castillo this cycle if his switch becomes permanent.

Brek Shea is really hot and cold. He'll look great one and game and then completely unusable the next. I guess that type of inconsistency can be typical of young players. It still seems they haven't settled on a position for him in Dallas.

I like your list, though. I think we should add Marco Vidal to it too. I've seen a couple of his Mexican League games.......and we should at least call him up to give him a chance. He does play DMid............and that's our deepest position, though. It's unclear to me if he can help us.

I'm also going to say two words that are going to draw the ire of you guys: Dax McCarty. If people have been watching FC Dallas games since they've settled on a position for him.............he's looked quite good. He will earn some caps some day, but it might not be for a while. But I wouldn't be shocked if he's called into January's camp cupcake. After all, our top dmids will all unavailable (Edu, Bradley, Jones, Torres, Clark, etc.). If you're going to bring in 4 central midfielders, who are they going to be? Bob will probably give Mastroeni one last chance, then who? Holden, Kljestan, and Cronin? Is Cronin really better than McCarty? I don't know. Debatable.

4. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lionel Messi.

5. hairynippleman

Jun 13, 2007
    he doesn't play for the us..

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

Spain got whoop....Argentina you are next, so bring your BASELINE TO SOUTH AFRICA ....YOU ARE NEXT:D

7. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Einstein

8. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the WCQ roster Robbie Findley;)

9. DC_United

DC_United Member

May 8, 2008
    Whoosh!

Brian Namoff. Consistently the best defender for us for years and do or die attitude like Frankie. The guy has a soccer brain, looks for the pass and has great stamina. How he's never played is completely beyond my ability of comprehension. Yes he's not first choice (Spector I give that to you) but the guy can do the business if we needed him far better than most of our RB choices. Hopefully we'll see him suit up in the coming months. The man can hardly do any more except grow his hair long and dreadlock it to get noticed.

10. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    so after Orozco a guy who is the starter for a Good Mexican League(better than MLS) team at his young age and our best defender @ T&T last year......................has yet to be called back but Marshall(MLS'er who also looked terrible vs Cruz Azul yesterday) and Goodsen(former MLS'er) both get calls to this important squad.

You better believe The MLS Credibilty protection theory is alive and doing well. Sorry Orozco, But you wont get called over the MLS boder-liners and sorry Jemal Johnson/Zak Whitbread for you'll never get a call-up since MLS Is magically 10X better than England League 1.

11. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh grow up.. there is no protection theory. It only exists in your brain

You have never even seen England League 1

Marshall had a bad game yesterday but he has some great tools and is a solid defender.

12. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Clap for mr know it all. what a wonderful response. knows the truth but to cover it, he goes to the "grow-up" phrase.

13. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen, we talk about styles of play all of the time. Stuff like why isn't Torres fitting into the offense, things of that sort. Our team is built around a style that is similar to that of what we see in england. There are plenty of crosses coming in, and we sacrifice slow moving technical build up for direct quick attacking.

Our defense is built to weather that same storm. The goal is to get the other team to conform to your style of play, and our style of play would include two towering center backs with good aerial ability. At 5'11, Orozco just doesn't fit the bill, Marshall and Goodson, at 6'3 and 6'4 respectively, do.

of course, if Orozco is going to play THAT well, he will get minutes. Between MLS, FMF, and League 1, they're comparable. Sure FMF may be better than MLS, but its not like we are talking about the EPL vs. MLS. you will say, "Jay DeMerit is 5'11!!", and I will say Jay DeMerit is the exception that proves the rule. Despite also being 5'11, he is in truth: "that good".

I don't think anyone disputes DeMerit's spot because he is of the highest quality among american center backs, and despite his size, he can handle himself in the air quite well. Orozco isn't familiar with that style because week in and week out he faces the slow moving and technical build up, as opposed to the higher quality championship where JD gets crosses on many opposing attacks.

I really like Orozco, but not under BB. After the next world cup if we get a more balanced coach, he will get his due chance. SImply put, he just doesn't work right now.

14. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Not even relizing in your first paragraph you explained why Jemal Johnson Should have been called up already with his counter-attacking style of play and double-foot crossing ability. And hell yea Demerit would be in the squad.......CCC in England is better than MLS. Demerit played well on an EPL team that wasent good enough together to stay in the EPL............their is a reason why he is 5X better than Marshall or Goodsen. And back to orozco, if it was such a problem than why was Orozco our best defender @T&T last year vs a T&T "A" squad. Just more excuses..and thats all it will ever be.

15. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times have you seen Jermal Johnson play? Not including highlights

16. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. EVERYBODY else is wrong. And you are the only one out of thousands of people who is right. That absolutely makes sense.

17. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Are u kidding me? that same stupid question that Zoidberg another "MLS no matter what is excellent" defender asked. Your a millwall fan and watch the games if not weekly; alot and then report on yanks Abroad and yet you ask how many time have i seen JJ play, as if Streams of MK Dons have been somehow hard to come by.

18. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A simple "I have never seen him play" would have saved you some time..

You are an interesting fellow. Give me your 20-23 man roster for the World Cup qualifiers coming up. I would LOVE to see who you would select if you were the coach.

19. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had many a debate with Zoidberg, some over Jemal Johnson, and he is no pure MLS defender.

Are you trying to see how many different things you can be wrong about?

20. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

So thousands of People think that MLS is better than Mexican league or CCC.................well thats why MLS loses to Crap CONCACAF teams and gets blown out by the good ones. Thousands of the same people thought Mapp was the next big-thing........................................yea.

21. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you wouldn't. Your head would explode.

22. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Him arguing over Jemal Johnson and League 1 is a stance of MLS vs League 1.

23. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, do you look up anything first? Only some people think that MLS's top teams can compete with CCC teams and much fewer believe MLS is even on par with MFL, let alone better than the Mexican league. Polls have proven this time and time again.

Quit spewing off the wall suggestions and conspiracy theories.

24. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I just gotta see what this guy would put together. It's killing me

25. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

yep, keep believing that. Lets call-up another MLS boderline palyer that somehow turns into "he is amazing" after he outshines players from CONCACAF "C" team. And lets deny any MLS credibilty going on, so we can continue to ensure that MLS magically can can compete in the EPL.