Who is going to be the big Surprise in SouthAfrica 2010!!

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: General' started by Paco Rodríguez, Nov 2, 2009.

1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Top call nostradamus.

2. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Good call on the Swiss to shock against a seeded team. Didn't go through though.

And Uruguay is still in it!

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Nice call Nostradamus! EXCEPT FOR ARGENTINA!

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Top prediction for the S.American sides. In particular with the key forwards observation. Had Suazo been fit we would be playing Portugal instead of you guys in the round of 16.

5. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    In this somewhat absurd hypothetical situation, the USA and Slovenia would have drawn lots for advancement to the second round.

6. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
  7. Killboard

Killboard Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Bolivar, Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Woohooo!
    Guess who has come to the party baby!

8. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. Buchmann

Buchmann New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    I am sure everybody notices who leads Soccer in the world. Uruguay will go home Tuesday evening, you can be sure of that. This means World Cup will go to Europe, no doubt. I dont beieve that anyone will argue on that.

10. Param

Param New Member

Jul 1, 2010
  11. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Why would they skip the third-place game?

12. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Before the WC, I went through the entire World Cup and predicted every game. My Semi finals were:
    Netherlands-South Aftica
    Spain-Germany

My Quarter finals were also pretty good. Again I had SA instead or Uruguay and Cameroon instead of Paraguay, but the others matches were all correct.

My round of 16 was pretty bad though. The only matches I called correctly were Brazil-chile and Netherlands-Slovakia.

13. Buchmann

Buchmann New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    They will not skip the game, they will loose and go back home. Because they are not playing Soccer, they are just fighting. Ex.: Ghana, Paraguay, Australia and many other nations were trying to fight and disturb the the game of the opponent. For a limited extend some were successfull but later when they meet higher tactical Soccer Nations, they had no chance. The last one is Uruguay and I personally believe that Uruguay can only fight against Netherlands and finally tactic of Netherlands will 90% win. This is my Soccer knowledge and democratical opinion.

14. RybbRasta

RybbRasta Red Card

Jun 23, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ghana. The deserved first African semifinalist.

15. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Uruguay. The deserved only CONMEBOL semifinalist. They have a tough road ahead of them and will likely struggle for 3rd place, but I'm happy for how far they've come thus far. I hope they put in a good game against NL.

(Response to your sidenote: Looking back with the benefit of replay and hindsight, any objective glance at the game's last minutes should show that play should have stopped before the handball. Ref's human error. Ghana doesn't "deserve" anything)