Who deserves a chance to play with the Mexico national team?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by magllon, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: which player who deserves a chance to play with the Mexico national team

Sabah?

There should be a statistic for sitters missed per game and sitters made vs missed

:D

2. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

sabah every 119

marquez lugo has a strike rate of a goal every 185 minutes in teh same span.

might as well take him if people are mentioning moreno for "goals"

3. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I'm looking at Mendivil's profile on mediotiempo and he hasn't really gotten many minutes throughout his career...really late bloomer. Good scoring rate though.

I doubt Aguirre will call him.

4. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

the problem is that those strike don't carry over to the NT.

i remember chon chon making a post before saying people were devaluing the new crop as not being good enough as the previous crop, and pointed out that several had similar strike rates at a given age or point in their careers.

garcia, zague,and hermosillo left, and were replaced by cuauh, matador and borgetti.

those guys are done and there's no one left to pick up the scoring load.

5. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco

I think el chuletita from cruz azul can be a magnifcent striker if given the oppurtunity.

He is one of the few Mexican players that dont have to look at the goal before taking a shot. He looks strong and is a true box type player. 22yo

7 goals against concacaf opponents ; 2 goals in 94 mins played in liga this campaign

They should loan him to Indios or primera a

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Look at what is happening to Landin at Houston compared to
    when he was at Cruz Azul or was at Morelia

7. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

What do you mean Mosco?

He has 2 goals in seven games. Not exactly tearing up the league.

8. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

but he's a designated player.....

HAHAHAHAHA

9. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC

Thanks for posting this.

I think I've mentioned this elsewhere- I also like incorporating team scoring into the minutes per goal equation (individual goals/team goals), to take into account whether a player's goals are a product of the system or in spite of the system. Any idea what that would look like?

10. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

i'd assume you also want me to incorporate games they played, because that would play into the rate as well.

i'll do when i get home from school.

11. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC

I was waiting for one of these.:rolleyes: (totally understandable)

If not, awesome! Rep when I can.

12. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia

Might as well recall Borgetti if you all want someone with "physical presence".
    He's been doing quite good with Puebla, suprising to be honest.

13. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

What percentage would you say makes the system geared towards one player scoring?

I notice Cruz Azul has 34 team goals this season, 16 of them coming from Villa 47%. Meanwhile Chivas has 23 goals this season and chicharito has scored 11 of them 48%.

14. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I once said bring Borgetti to WC to honor him and his veteran presence and play him as a late sub once we have qualified to the knock-out stage. He's been doing good: 4 goals and 2 assists and currently in the playoff hunt.

15. Chino_Antrax

Chino_Antrax Member

Sep 2, 2009

actually in the past 2 tourneys chicharito rate is a gol every 140 min :D

esqueda has been playing really well...hes really impressed me.

16. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Jimmy Lozano

pero como suplente

17. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Esqueda es el que mejor puede con los pies out of all those forwards....but he lacks finishing!

18. estaticxalde

estaticxalde Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Alta Loma
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

como waterboy

19. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

es el que mas ha dado pases para gol esta temporada

20. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006

Lozano really got done dirty by Lavolpe in 06, he was crucial to our qualificaton last cycle.

I say he should get a chance to prove himself with Aguirre, I think he could be very useful.

21. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

again, with any midfield suggestions, who's spot would lozano take?

22. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006

It's tough to say but I think Aguirre will bring Jona along as a backup with Castro and Torrado as the starting CMs.

Juarez and Guardado can both fill in as CMs so I don't see Aguirre taking more than four CM/DMs.

Castro
    Torrado
    Jona
    Braulio/Lozano

23. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC

Antonio Naelson Matias

24. King Uribe

King Uribe Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

mendivil

25. pablo86

pablo86 Member

Dec 13, 2007
    The Valley, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

besides the fact his brother dying:(. do u guys think aldo deserves a chance?