Who deserves a chance to play with the Mexico national team?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by magllon, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: which player who deserves a chance to play with the Mexico national team

How about goals in practice and FIFA '10 too?

2. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF

That wouldn't be convenient for Chicharito then. What a shame.

3. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Cacho and Mendivil are interesting suggestions.

Cacho's best form was in 2007 when he played with el tri. i remember him and Nery made a great combo at copa america. Problem is we need someone to put the ball in the back of the net and has body for the international game. Cacho 2007 > present day Cacho

Mendivil has been lighting it up at the concachampions and has 3 goals so far in the apertura. dude is tall, has a decent header and has some mobility to him. his inexperience on the international is worrisome since we dont have much time to experiment but if he continues his good form i dont see why he doesnt deserve a look for a couple of those 12 friendlies.

chicharito is part of the future. molding him starting now may not pay huge dividends for 2010, but will definitely for 2014.

4. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I would also like Chicharito to get a chance. He needs to bulk up a little though, he almost always loses headers against stronger guys and sometimes he gets thrown around like a rag doll.

5. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yeah Mosquera did that to him all game yesterday....mexican players need to start bulking up!

6. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That was really magnified yesterday. Aquivaldo is probably about 5 inches taller, but if Chicharito was a little stronger he would absorb contact better and not end up on the ground most of the time.

7. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yes, chicharito needs to drink protein shakes and lift weights

8. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008

Mendívil's one of the leading goalscorers in CCL play but to be completely honest the competition has almost been non existent with the likes of Metapán, Jalapa, Houston, Árabe, etc. Even with that underwhelming group of rivals his finishing which is vital for a target man like himself, has been suspect at times. I remember a recent CCL match in El Salvador where he missed a clear sitter just outside the small box!

Ultimately I don't think he's the answer at the 9 spot but even having said that I'd like to see him get a chance in a friendly or two to try and prove us skeptics wrong.

9. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You guys want a centro delantero that won't get outmuscled. Callup Frias from Indios. He's good from outside the area and he wont' give an inch.

He was doing great in clausura 09. Don't think he's played much in Apertura 09.

10. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

es uno de los pocos delanteros que tenemos

con presencia fisica

[​IMG]

11. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008

Frías is built like a tank but he's short and won't win aerial balls too often and on top of that he's shown to be VERY inconsistent.

I remember watching him have the match of his life against América at Azteca last tournament but the next few matches he disappeared as well as being a non factor practically this entire Apertura 2009.

12. King Uribe

King Uribe Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Chicharito was getting manhandled by mosqueda. Chicharito isn't small either, but he plays like a wuss.

13. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008

Chicharito's listed at 175 cm, 71 kg. That's more or less 5'9", 156 lbs.

I don't know if that should be classified as a "physical presence". :confused:

I think the big physical forwards would have to be Mendívil, De Nigris, Guille, etc.

14. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

he is still >

pinche Guille ni me lo menciones

pinche palillo con copete

15. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

He needs to work on his upper body for sure. A six-pack like DeNigris' would help too. :D ;)

16. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

his lower body does not need work (look at those thighs), just his upper body. if he got manhandled by mosquera, imagine him against better and bigger defenders

he's still young and if he works on that aspect of his game he'll have a much more polished game when he gets older

10-15 more pounds of muscle would do wonders for this kid.

17. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

True, but that would mean he would be more of a target forward.

15 pounds more, even if it's muscle sometimes makes a players a bit slower and not able to jump as high.

It would be nice if he got more muscle, but knowing trainers in Mexico they wont train that aspect.

18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006

Chicharito will be fine once he makes it over to Europe.

I still remember Vela shrugging Mosqueda off like he was nothing and scoring against Sevilla back in the 08 Emirates Cup yet when he plays for Mexico, dude goes down at the slightest contact sometimes.

Anybody got a link to that goal?

19. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/8/Sevilla-1-v-1-Arsenal-9-8-08-552057.html

I'm not sure if that's the one you meant. Vela shook off another defender, Mosquera who made the error chased after them.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

how tall is di nigris and medivil at?

21. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

more of teh same.

already posted scoring rates for them

22. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Are those scoring rates liftime? Or rates in Primera Division Mexicana?

etc...

23. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

in mexico.

chango moreno is more of the same

24. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

cool.

I was thinking they were recent trends, like last 40 games to factor in form.

Which I now expect their rates to be alot lower.

25. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

lets go by each player's most 2 most recent tournaments -

moreno - a goal every 185 minutes

cacho - one every 116 (because he didnt get many minutes at pumas)

hernandez- every 154

mendivil - every 94

personally, i'm surprised by the cacho hate.

i guess his tenure at pumas made everyone forget when he was with pachuca.

i'm assuming chango is being talked up because of one season he had 19 or because he's a foreigner.