Who deserves a chance to play with the Mexico national team?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by magllon, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: which player who deserves a chance to play with the Mexico national team

Mendivil should get a shot with the National Team. The current forwards that have been picked haven't exactly been lights out. Also, hes decently athletic and has been finishing plays. Sabah started some games and hes not the most athletic guy in the world.

We really need atleast 2 CM to back up Torrado and Castro. I say call up Noriega, he does all the dirty work for Puebla and is good going forward.

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

I think Mendivil may be deserving of a choice but I really don't expect him to be overly superior to the current pool of forwards. If anything it will be more of the same.

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Correa and Noriega as back up CM's

and i say give Mendivil a shot. he may be the tronco we need up top

so are there no more games planned for the rest of 2009??

4. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Mendivil might be the guy that plays better with El Tri than his team. The current forward situation leaves the possibility for someone we don't expect to step up and maybe become that 9. He also plays with Huevos when hes on the field.

If Allan Zamora would have stayed at Atlante, he would be anohter great option for el Tri. Noriega deserves another shot for sure with el Tri. He was starting over Israel Castro before being Red Carded. Also, I think hes faster, covers more ground, and is better with the ball going forward than Castro.

5. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets

Zamora is the opposite of Torrado. He has great vision and distributes the ball well but he lacks the strength and speed Torrado has. He could've been a great asset to the team but unfortunately he ended up in Chiapas.

6. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I cant believe America let that kid go

7. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets

It was probably the best thing that happened to him.

He wasn't going to play with Pardo, Villa, and Arguello in the squad.

8. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

What happened to Arguello?

9. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Rotting in Chiapaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasn

10. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

mhmm idk man, Villa was on his way out, Pardo wasnt there when he was coming up, Pardo had just left to Stuttgart,

Arguello and Zamora would have been refreshing...

-----

he scored a goal last weekend! good thing he is on loan!

he is way better than Pardo! I hope Chucho comes to his senses and brings him back! this kid was once in the NT at one point!

11. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Thats the problem with teams in Mexico and why we dont have 18 year old phenoms. Could you imagine both of them starting for America, after their first bad game they would have been eaten alive by the press. That was back about 4 years ago right?? By now they could be awsome players contributing to el Tri if they would have been starting since. America blocked Arguello by buying POS Vera. Any future Nat. team prospects should stay away from Chiapas.

12. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Alejandro Vela was doing great at Chiapas and transferred to Cruz Azul. That was before Tena got there tho:D

too bad he fractured his leg because he was one player that deserved a shot

13. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006

He wasn't gonna get called up by Aguirre.

Dude is slow as a turtle.

14. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I say Di Nigris needs a second shot under Aguirre we lack height
    up front this is were we might stand a chance with players like
    Mendivil and Di Nigris up front we won' t lack height against say
    Italy or Holland or England

15. King Uribe

King Uribe Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

mendivil and di nigris up top would be give any defense a run for their money. Can see gooch and boca negra against these two?? they would have a hard time out muscling them. cacho and sabah get bitched 24/7. meh.

-------------gio-----------------
    Mendivil----------Di nigris

16. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

No they wouldn't.

17. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

hahahahahaha 'inches pendejadas.

18. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF

This is true; only Mendivil would give them a run for their money.

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

anyways i hope for the euro tour they get their chance

20. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets

They're both troncos. The best forward with size we have is Guille Franco. After that it's Cacho and Vouso.

21. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Three forwards who can't score. Que tristeza.

22. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia

I can't believe people are asking for Mendivil and De Nigris.
    We really are f@cked when it comes to forwards aren't we?

23. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

lets bring El Matador out of retirement!

24. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets

Truth hurts doesn't it.

Cacho has more goals than Mendivil by the way. I think Chango Moreno will be called up pretty soon.

25. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF

Count the CCL please!