"Who cares? They seriously don't matter." - The other teams thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

If he plays for the USMNT, things would have been different.

2. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    he should of just played for the country he was born in(us)

3. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008
    He's 24! That's very early.

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    What does that have to do with anything? We are lucky he's here as some of us said last spring if Marcelo gets injured again we'd be lucky to have Fabio as an option. At the time the notion Marcelo could get hurt was scoffed by some and unfortunately Marcelo is hurt... Irrespective of what we paid for the player he is quality and IMO his contribution has been under appreciated.

Personally I'm hoping Coentrao has a good run of games and opts to stay and fight it out as having depth in at LB makes sense to me. For me Marcelo too often is out of position, too nonchalant in his positioning and as much as I love him for attack he lacks some maturity as a player. Yes Fabio lacks some emotional maturity as well but he is quality on the pitch and the two of them offer something different which is in the coaches best interest.

5. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good thing we didn't sell Fabio, huh? :p

saadomar repped this.
  6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah let's not kid ourselves, Fabio > Sequeira. I'd rather have a top quality player like Fabio come on when Marcelo gets injured than Sequeira.

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's only 'quitting' this campaign in which they can't qualify anymore for the WC, he said he'd be available again for the EC qualifying. I'd ban him from the national team alltogehter, but meh.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Subotic wanted to play for Germany, but wasn't allowed to.
    There are rumours that he isn't very popular with the rest of the team and a lot of fans (on message boards that i can read) are asking that he never gets a call up again.

9. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Posters were insinuating that had we loaned Blondie we would have no backup but that isn't true, that was my point.

We are "lucky" to have him only if he gets his mind right and stops acting like a damned wussy. Siquiera, Moreno or Nacho aren't "better" than him (and I wasn't attempting to say that in my OP) but when decides to become a weepy, shrinking violet afraid of competition I'd prefer them to him. So while you're on your effin Blondie high horse jumping to conclusions and note that I also said I have no issue with him staying as long as he gets his emotional act together.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coentrao will be just fine. He didn't look depressed with the national team, and he'll do just fine for us as well.

11. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    He never looks depressed with the national team, when he is "comfortable" he is an excellent LB. I'm not sure you can rule out Nacho playing there if Marcelo's injury isn't that severe.

Chinky24 repped this.
  12. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Anyone updates on the injury?

13. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Very early speculation out of Brazil is two weeks, he has been released by Brazil and is on his way to Madrid and I'd imagine we'd definitely know tomorrow at the latest.

WhiteBlood repped this.
  14. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I remember he got a ton of shit for that deliberate hand ball at the last world cup which lead to a penalty

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  17. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    #142 Sudžuka, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Riot police had to protect a referee after he gave a player a red card

[​IMG]

18. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  19. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Apparently Messi has Aspergers I call it complete bullshit :rolleyes:

20. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. Last Boyscout

Last Boyscout Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmm I thought that racism could have been a factor in Boatengs transfer as well. But it surely would be disrespectful and bad for his marketability to say so. Schalke dumb as ever.

23. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
  24. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Romario pulled that 'diagnosis' of Asperger's for Messi out of his ass, tweeted it and now people are passing it off as some sort of fact. Check your sources people, just because it's on Twitter doesn't make it true.