While Gunners are touring Asia....the new Summer Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by charlie15, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense...but do you know watch any soccer.....comparing Sahin to Song is nonsense....
    Sahin is NOT A ********ING DM...Song, if he is dedicated to the marking and tracking is one of the best DM in the game..."problem" with him is that he loves venturing forward...his passing was sublime last year so it's hard to complain...
    Sahin is not a great tackler..does not track back as much because he is a naturally offensive playmaker situated a bit deeper....

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    song is a good ball winner, but if he goes maybe it would be worth taking a punt at a proper holding player who can sit and destroy? a la gilberto silva

3. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah i do know watch any soccer. Thing with Song is out of position most of the time like you said. Sahin is a good tackler. I don't know where you got that from. He also reads the game extremely well. They're not the same kind of player, but Sahin is a defensive midfielder. He has different attributes, which is why he played alongside a more destroyer type DM in dortmund, but it was hard to tell if Song was even a defensive midfielder last season at times. With the arrival of Cazorla and Ramsey (hopefully) improving Song can venture forward alot less. I agree his passing was great last year though.

4. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if Sahin is not currently a DM, doesn't he have the skills to be one. Petit was more of a box-to-box and Wenger converted him to true DM to better suit our needs. If the guys can play a deep mid and he can play LB, seems like he sure could play as a speedy version of a DM. Like a Flamini with a bit more size.

magic journey and Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  5. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Song is signed through 2015, no? If he wants to leave this summer, it'll have to be big money. Next summer we can sell if we want to and have a replacement lined up early. I'd be a bit hesitant to sell this late in the transfer window.

These Song rumors have been around for ages though.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but they are picking up in intensity these days.
    On a different note, something must be cooking on the RVP front.
    Interesting tweet from Tandredi Palmieri of CCN and Gazetta de lo sporte.

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri
    Robin Van Persie informed Juventus via a phone talk that negotiations between him and Manchester United are on advanced stage

7. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That could be an agent trying to use another club as leverage. No reason to wave them off as they can be used as leverage with MU so telling them had to have a purpose. Utd would have cash if the Moura deal fell through.

Hmmm, does that mean that Lewandoski now needs someone to dance with? That would be a nice use of the cash. Of course, as things stand, we are lousy with strikers so maybe Le Boss can raid France for a CB and a CDM with the cash.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we cannot do business with utd!!

9. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
  10. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F him if he signs with United. What a slap in the face to the Arsenal fans.

11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely not. I'd rather eat that money just to show we are no longer in the business of being a feeder club to our supposed rivals.

TheImposter and Tonerl repped this.
  12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i cannot for one second beleive wenger would even consider selling to them? they give us silvestre, we give them rvp?!!!

13. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    20 million and either Chicherito or Welbeck and I'd call it square.

14. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If RVP goes to United the scene with Adebayor will look like nothing compared to what the away and home support do to him...Mercy I can just see Nancy Karigan 2.0 all over again

15. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It will be a slap in the face from the Arsenal officials wo sanctioned the deal, you cant blame the player.

Tonerl repped this.
  16. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would still be a dick move by him. I honestly don't think Man U's squad is any better, so what's the allure of going there? Money? If the guy is willing forsake his reputation and dump on the club that raised him the past 7 years for a few extra bucks then he deserves all the abuse he'll get.

17. carlfordnathan

Dec 3, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can blame him for even considering it in the first place and being ok with it.

18. tulorox17

tulorox17 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even think he would make United all that much better. They need a midfielder, not a striker. If they'll meet our price for him, I say let them have him and use that cash to further strengthen our squad. We've already replaced RVP with Podolski and Giroud anyway.

19. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Recent history disagrees with you man even considering our recent signings. Everybody needs to be realistic, if he goes to either Manchester club, Arsenal will have f*cked us and the football team over. £15-20m doesnt even go half way to off setting that major mess up.

gogunners14 repped this.
  20. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not happening. He's not going to either Manchester squad.

21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sky, Daily Mail and others are now saying that we are hesitant to make a deal. There are quotes of Fergie saying we're not giving anything away and that their new bid isn't really being considered. Bold move by Wenger/etc. This soap opera really needs to end this week. I really don't understand how RVP hasn't signed a new deal with Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski in the squad. They have about 200 caps between them! That's ambitious to me.

22. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    thing is, we already spent the money we will get from RVP's sale.

23. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    And bought his direct replacement in Giroud. With or without RVP I think this team is going in a lot more dangerous and competitive than in recent years.

24. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i played barton creek's courses a couple weeks ago.... pretty awesome.
    fazio foothills >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Took me a second to realize what the heck you were on about as I dont' play golf but the courses are pretty nice. Fazio seems especially nice. Are you living in Austin?