While Gunners are touring Asia....the new Summer Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by charlie15, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    AT3 was replying to a comment that says, specifically, "the best player Arsene has brought in for a while" and not "the most hyped" or "biggest name".

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. That is not what you are saying. Let me remind you what you said...and it its totally different.

"cazorla is a big signing for Arsenal FC... mediocre to average for any other big club..
    that is pretty sad.
    i know you fellow gooners hate to hear that but"

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    got to tell you charlie, that is exactly what i meant.
    gooner family is a little sensitive huh?
    i was actually just trying to draw someone offsides, and it worked like a charm..
    smile buddy, it's gunna be okay..

4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am cool, since I know what I am talking about... :). If I had to choose a Spaniard for AFC. ( not playing for Barca or RM) Santi would have been my first choice and Javi Martinez, so I am all smile.

TBH though, whatever you wrote is different from what you "meant"....and it sound a bit out of bounds in term of credibility :)

5. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahh yes, the i was just trolling, you mad response. A classic.

6. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, damn it all to hell. 2008! 2008! 2008! For the love of god 2008!!!

DaPrince84 repped this.
  7. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever. I would still say the same thing then.

8. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You know what this forum desperately needs? An actual football game to talk about!!!

WoodDraw, deaner1971 and hughmanatee repped this.
  9. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, I learned to enjoy Arsenal even more when I got away from the forum, and this thread in particular, during the offseason. I cannot imagine worrying day-day as to whether or not Cazorla or Sahin are, in fact, coming to the Arse.

katsimbris repped this.
  10. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope tomorrow we'll see pictures of Carzola and Sahin on Arsenal.com

11. mwojt21

mwojt21 Member

May 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know! I'm definitely sticking to the legitimacy of Twitter ;)

12. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    Toulalan had trouble getting games in his prime at Lyon (granted that was during the period when they had those incredible midfields that Alou Diarra had to move away from, as well). I'd be excited if we could get him for free because of rights derivative of unpaid salary o somefing

thank god now our new best player's national team will be too good for him to get injured in

13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read the article. In it, Sid Lowe said "The 26-year-old Cazorla, who may just be the best player not playing for Madrid or Barcelona"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/10/05/santi.cazorla/index.html#ixzz22pgWbFHE

The article is very positive:
    Quick, fleet- footed, ambidextrous, Cazorla has vision and great technique, playing as a narrow attacker coming in from right or left or as the creative fulcrum behind the striker. He can shoot from the edge of the area and had scored 28 goals in five seasons before moving on this summer.

Cazorla would not have been out of his depth at the very best clubs in the world.

but it does hit on Phishy's point as well:
    The biggest clubs did not come for Cazorla. Perhaps it is because he is not flash; perhaps he just does not stand out. He just does not seem like a star...

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about Silva, who does start for Spain, obviously. But anyway, i would love to hear the case that Santi is better than Mata, because their club stats don't seem to demonstrate that. Nor do their recent appearances for Spain, where both have been used interchangeably as late substitutions for Iniesta (not Xavi). I'm no fan of Mata, but the guy did get a goal in the Euro 2012 Final and an assist in the CL Final, as well as being Man of the Match in the FA Cup final, so he's obviously doing something right. If Santi can just match his achievements at the club level, i'll be more than happy.

daedalus and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  15. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But they did come for him. He turned down Madrid. And the stats thing is misleading since he can, and does occasionally play far deeper than Mata does. I agree he is going to have to prove himself though.

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol at this forum....u got the omg u never saw him before I did because I know everything and then the omg he is amazing/not that good because I has the psychic ball. Arteta wasn't seen as a coup yet was the second best and important player on our team last year. If cazorla can create and assist in the final third we have a solid team. Let's all stop being a bunch of females and judge players when they have played a cnuting game

gogunners14 and scytheavatar repped this.
  17. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's the same type of player as Modric, if you look at the stats you won't be able to see his strengths. He won't be the one making the assists for the team, rather he makes the assist for the assists of the team. Lots of Madrid fans seem pissed of that we got Cazorla while they are trying to spend so much money on Modric.

He's not going to distractly change the team and make our opponents look like mincemeat, but the most important thing about his signing is that we will no longer have Ramsey being super sloppy and killing our attacks with his useless flicks. And we look much better last season whenever Ramsey wasn't playing.

18. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow Santi, you speak such good English already! Good on you mate

19. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FCUK YOU YOU BANDWAGON CNUT

gogunners14 repped this.
  20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Since you obviously did not know much about Cazorla, Keep reading Anti :). I am sure you will find a lot of similar articles about him.
    By the way, RM went after him and for whatever reason, he refused to move there.

Here is an other reading assigment for you. lol
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-arsenal-fans-can-expect-1167948

21. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Offside.

Boogie_Down and -apoc- repped this.
  22. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Disagree on Ramsey. If he can continue his Olympic form with Arsenal then we have an amazing option in midfield here.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, i haven't seen him, or even heard of him. So i'll wait to see what he does on the field before i anoint him as the best Spaniard in the Premier League.

Edit: It's officially official.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-sign-spain-midfielder-santi-cazorla

Welcome to the club Santi. I hope you're even better than they say you are. So strange signing established veterans, but i can get used to it.

charlie15 repped this.
  24. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  25. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Im quite happy with this signing, seems like a good piece of business. My main concern is that the teams who bunker against us already know how to mark him out of the game with their system, best of luck Santi and welcome to the Arsenal!

I really hope that we tie up Sahin now, he is a guy who I think would add a different dimension to our attack.