While Gunners are touring Asia....the new Summer Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by charlie15, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    far too early to tell either way

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I could start a rumour on Park, but I don't want the South Korean fan boys to come back. I think HP and I had a blast winding them up.

3. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    who? oh, that mentally unstable conman. did he ever show up again or is he still awol? he's so dodgy he can't even get named in the asian tour squad, despite our 3 main strikers not going, nor, even worse, to get sent to nigeria to shake hands with kids.
    what a desperation buy and complete waste of cash that was/is.

4. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna assume he's sh!t until it's proven otherwise. :unsure:

5. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What are you willing to give if we don't

6. biggonez

biggonez BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He was right about Cazorla...

7. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I missing something?

8. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Don't we actually have to sign him for the dude to be right about Cazorla.

That said, in the annals of people who don't have lives, Cazorla's wikipedia page says that he plays for Arsenal. IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!111!!!!

9. GunnerGator

GunnerGator Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This seems pretty telling on M'Villa
    Wenger also dismissed talk of a move for Yann M’Vila and said he is already well stocked in midfield.

“No [I am not interested]. We wait on Diaby and Wilshere,” he said. “When you look we have Song, Ramsey, Coquelin, Wilshere, Arteta and Diaby.

“In defensive midfielders and box-to-box players we are not short if they are all coming back. If we have setbacks in pre-season it could be different.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-the-tour-will-be-crucial-for-diaby

10. tulorox17

tulorox17 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said a couple minutes later that they weren't all coming back.

You can bet we're in on M'Vila.

11. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    I think it was Arseblogger who said that Steve Bould is the signing of the summer and if we don't get M'Vila or the like that might be right.

Song is fine player on his day but doesn't seem to integrate with the rest of the team as well as he needs. Moreover his assists are mostly lobs RVP and that is likely to be a diminishing asset for the team.

12. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think the opposite. I dont believe we are in for him any longer.

13. biggonez

biggonez BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is all I meant:

I think we'll see some public links soon.

14. uncleo

uncleo Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Downingtown, pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh the silly season...

15. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the few games I've seen, M'Vila has been pretty unimpressive. Not a very good athlete and has kind of an awkward build. Granted, I haven't seen many of his games, but based on what little I've seen he doesn't look better than Song in any facet of the game. I rate Song pretty highly though.

If we get another CDM I'd rather it be someone who can be durable in the Prem. More of a Tiote or Lass Diarra type of player, and not another string bean who will be injured half the season.

16. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    I definitely don't think we're in for another player, even if Wilshere doesnt play for a few months (worst case scenario). Don't forget that we do have Coquelin. He always impressed me. Not at the point where he was a star but he is a solid all around player I feel. A better Denilson. The question is, if players do leave, which 'one or two' players and what positions is Wenger going to be filling?

17. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what are the odds on not buying anyone for cover in defensive midfielders, then having Diaby get injured 5 minutes into the first fixture of the league?

Goddamit, Arsene. I dont like this at all. Hopefully wenger is just playing games, and we are looking for some cover. Although an attacking midfielder should probably be our primary concern.

18. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Wouldn't make a difference, really, becuase Diaby isn't a DM anyway. He's just a big man with no awareness or aptitude to use his size to his or his team's benefit.

19. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    lets pray that he gets through the game on tuesday!

20. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Also, maybe we should call Spurs and put in a 10MM GBP bid for Luka Modric.

21. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that Coquelin could be the key to having actual depth behind Song. Whatever the plan is, it can't be to play Song for 90 minutes in every league and CL match. His body won't hold up forever to that kind of punishment.

I won't be completely stunned if we don't make any more major signings, as we can already field a strong starting 11, but depth has been an issue for us lately and I'm worried that it could cost us again this season.

My biggest concern isn't DM or CAM, but actually fullback. Gibbs is fragile and Sagna has had some durability problems. I'm not high on Santos as a defender and Jenkinson has looked like a mark every time I've seen him out there. I really don't want to see Djourou or Miquel trotted out there at fullback again this season...

thepundit repped this.
  22. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    dude, we're talking diaby. you don't need the cover part, the odds on diaby breaking down is extraordinarily high. if they took bets on it, i'd totally be in.
    you . . . remember the panic buys post the 8-2 game, right? welcome to wenger's world (party time! excellent!).

23. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Wenger has either been told that Diaby / Wilshere will be fine this season, or he's taking a gamble. I really do hope it's the former because if Ramsey doesn't remember his form, Diaby gets injured and Wilshere isn't back till Xmas, then it's going to be a long hard season.

My only hope is that Bould is getting the team to defend as a team properly. If he can do that we dont specifically need a DM, just players who can cover gaps, and defend when needed, and Song, Diaby, Arteta, Wilshere and Coq are all good enough to do that

25. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we are still in for him. It sounds like typical Arsene double talk for me. He seems to be very clear about Cazorla though. When asked about the rumored Arsenal interest for the player, he responded with a grin " I don't know this guy".
    That confirms and seals the deal for me. Cazorla should be an Arsenal player soon. :)

http://highbury-house.com/2012/07/2...ing-a-trophy-in-201213-is-a-real-possibility/