Which is the most beautiful city in the world?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by Iranian Monitor, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the thread title was "Which is the most average looking city in the world?"

2. screaming

screaming Red Card

Mar 17, 2012
    Most beautiful: Rio de Janeiro, Roma, Firenze, Budapest,Moscow

The least beautiful: Tokyo, Ho Chi Min, Islamabad, New Dehi

3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    You think this is beautiful?
    [​IMG]

4. screaming

screaming Red Card

Mar 17, 2012
    This is Rio de Janeiro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    The whole thread concept is a bit silly. Prague and Sydney are both beautiful cities, but completely different in character. There is no one most beautiful city.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  6. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I'm going to say Coventry for the sole reason that no-one else has probably mentioned it.

7. koola

koola Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Scotland, it's crap.
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rio de Janeiro is stunning. It's between it and Cape Town. Cape Town is more beautiful in terms of natural setting - but then again Rio is so vibrant and Latin... difficult. Rio or Cape Town at any rate. Rio for combination of natural beauty and vibrancy - Cape Town if we are speaking purely in terms of sheer natural beauty.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Two amazing cities no doubt. The endless string of apartments & hotel skyscrapers along the beach in Rio doesn't do anything for me though. I'll give the nod to Cape Town. Love those rocky coastlines with whales and dolphins jumping out of the water, along much less inhabited land. Also you get those nice sunsets over the water in Cape Town, which you don't get in Rio.

9. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Weeell, it has to be said that Parisians do have a very bad image in France in general, so.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxJ3UbDqaJo"]pub Le Parisien avec Japonais - YouTube[/ame]
    "The Parisian, better have it as a newspaper !"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X047RI8kKWo"]PUB - Le Parisien 01. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4EC0-hQ8kc"]PUB LE PARISIEN le Jounal - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Y9nT1jwuo"]Pub Le Parisien le Journal - YouTube[/ame]
    And it rather said "shit to the one reading this"

In reality, their reputation is so bad that they are actually not all that bad and you tend to have "good surprises". Yet it's true that the vendors or public services clerks behaviour is light years away from the sometimes "over friendly" one I can get in my region...Yes, I have bad memories...

Personally, I'm a provincial at heart and I rank among people who love to go to Paris but wouldn't like to live there (and I did). But yeah, it's a cliché but there's definitely more to France than just Paris even if -once again- it's still a great city to visit. Still, no sea shore...Can't live without that !

Give Brittany a try, and people are cool there ! :p

10. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  11. Samuel5

Samuel5 New Member

May 27, 2012
    All of them look beautiful to me

12. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell if I know. And what constitutes a city versus a town, anyhow?

I have lived in 7 locales in 6 states. I had severe homesickness for the following when I left:

Brattleboro, VT.

[​IMG]

Sacramento, Ca.

[​IMG]

Pittsburgh, Pa.

[​IMG]

I now live in my native San Diego.

[​IMG]

San Diego's fine and dandy, but I treasure the fact that I have lived in so many other locales.

Chris M. repped this.
  13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just came back from another trip to Paris, and I agree with you about the people. The people are great, put together and conduct themselves in a very civilized manner yet know how to have fun (I always say hipsters in New York are basically just people pretending to be Parisian).

In terms of beauty the city still doesn't stand out for me. When you get an overview like from the Eiffel Tower, the scale of it all is fairly impressive, but just walking through the city is like walking through hundreds of others in western Europe. Doesn't have a definite uniqueness about it like some of the others listed here (Prague, Florence, Venice, Amsterdam, etc.)

14. 1909BVB-Bryan

1909BVB-Bryan New Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Budapest, Prague, Munich

15. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I was in Europe recently so here are my faves, i loved Vienna, Berlin, Venice and Lucern.

16. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've only ever lived in Dallas, San Diego, and Baton Rouge, seen most of the western states, the South, and the East Coast, and been to Europe a good 10 times... I'd say as far as what you'd expect to hear, that Berlin and Munich are beautiful. I didn't have a very good time in Paris or Prague (sorry to those cities).

But if I had to pick one, nothing is more beautiful to me than when I fly home and see the skyline of Dallas rising up off the horizon... :)

17. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You should visit Warsaw and Cracow, Warsaw being my favourite place in Poland - so many great places to see.
    Haven't seen that many cities but Berlin and Prague, to name two, are beautiful.

18. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

I'm actually on a bus with wifi right now after leaving Vilnius and now heading north to Riga. I've heard grueat things about both Polish cities but I won't be going that direction this trip. Loved Vilnius.

19. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Pity, don't miss out next time ;)

20. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Barranquilla

21. theexplorateur

theexplorateur New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    New Jersey
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vibrant, verdant, refreshing and quintessentially cool....Trancoso, Brazil

[​IMG]

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    ^ Not really a city though.

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It's Atlantis.. don't you see it?

24. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It looks like every ********ing tropical resort in the world.

yellowbismark and Duck Manson repped this.
  25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paris, Honolulu, San Fran are all favs. San Diego gets a nod as well (love the drive along 193 though Balboa).