Which Arsenal Do You Want Back?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Nov 27, 2012.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    top players like gervinho? bundesliga is fun as hell and bayern are better than any team in the epl

2. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Can you elaborate? what is so fun about it? Is it the style of play, the competition? At the moment, Bayern seem to be running away with the title so it doesn't seem to be too interesting at the top.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    attacking play, good atmosphere, it's just a fun open league

bayern havent won the league for 2 years btw

TxTechGooner, DaPrince84 and antifan repped this.
  4. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Ya, I know, but they are 11 points clear at the moment. It was a serious question so thanks for the reply, i've never really watched other than european cup matches but I could give it a shot if I could find English commentary.

5. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    GolTv every saturday and Sunday.

Sometimes have 3 games a weekend.

6. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    GolTV...whoa! Haven't cruised over there in quite a while...not sure if it's included in my package but I'll check it out.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it's on english espn alot too

french and italian and russian league too with brazilian highlights! fcuk the prem!

8. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    this i'm going to question. this "attack>all" trend is not necessarily a good thing, and what i was going to point to as part of the reason why some are now saying the premier league has gone to hell. the emphasis/balance has changed far too much towards super attack and to hell with the rest.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A starting XI who wants to fight for the shirt and gives a damn. Boring or sexy football be damned.

red & wite army repped this.
  10. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    there's a bundesliga highlights show every week on (i think) itv2 or itv4.

11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its because of the poor midfields across the league.

12. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watch a lot on streams and caps too. I find commentary in different languages not that important. As a matter of fact I think I get annoyed less.

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    saying this, I just noticed they took GolTV off my cable.

Its strictly BeIN from here on (thank goodness its BeIn english, I get to watch my Serie A again). Gotta find streams for my Bundesliga now.

14. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    but is it? or is it the style of midfielders now brought in, or the style of play used, or the quality of the defenders and keepers? it's more than just "poor midfields" imo.

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well im only looking at the top of the league vs. now

nah, look at the top 4 midfields from the 2006-9 season and compare them to now. Those midfields were excellent and could compete in Europe with anyone. I cant say the same now for any of these teams. None of these teams nowadays cannot control the midfield like Arsenal, United, Chelsea, and Liverpool could in that period.

You could also say tactics are a big part of that as well. Tactical discipline has taken a giant step back from that period to today.

16. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  17. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Funny, she questions a billionaire's "money making" decisions...haha almost spilled my afternoon cuppa.
    I'm sure she's right about the passion thing though, he's interested in capital growth and steady revenue stream that a stable sports franchise can offer. Plus, he is probably running on a collector's mentality...just wish he was interested in collecting winner's medals to go along with it.

18. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    I find it distracting and I have to mute the commentary wich kills the atmosphere. Also, it's nice to get some info on the squad, who can come on as subs, injury info etc that the commentators provide. Plus, I'd be new to the teams and backstories and other info would help me get into things.

19. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    To be fair, he inherited/married into a lot of that money.

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really, from what i know, her Wal-Mart money is separate. He built his own 4 billion dollar fortune on smart investments and nepotism.

21. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was pretty close to a billionaire before her pops kicked it and dropped the walmart shares on them. Plus, I'm not sure any of that money went directly to him, but I could be wrong about that. In anycase, I don't think Kroenke is in it for the money either, I just find it funny that she's calling him out about his investment. Common, the guy owns a National Lacrosse League team--maybe it's not "passion" but clearly he has motives other than profit-taking. To me it sounds like collecting...like the guys who buy vintage cars to look at and show off but never take for a spin.

22. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, Rooney, Mata, Hazard, Suarez, van Persie, Silva, Aguero, etc. are all amongst the best of their type in the world.

23. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was never going to be an Abramovich. But any investment has to remain a good one. He needs to realise, for his own sake, that a club not challenging won't attract top revenue (and more profits for him).

24. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Well, we haven't won a damn thing and the clubs value has risen 7 percent in the last year according to forbes. Low debt, high income...maybe low margin, but lots of cash flow and large potential for growth. Not to mention a nice piece of real estate in one of the priciest cities in the world.

25. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he did. He made a lot of his money in real estate, independent of his wife.
    and if you want the most stars in the world, they are in La Liga.