Where's the Smoke - The Chelsea Youth and Reserve Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  3. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Didnt know that Piet de Visser was still on the books , seems to have an eye for talent.

5. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For some reason since the board upgrade I'm not getting thread updates by email despite being subscribed. Apologies for absence.

6. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  7. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    The mexican lad Davila, he'll do pre season with us, and club has started work permit procedure for him(for loans in England):

8. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    We have alot of young guys biting at the tongue to get involvement , hope we have a plan for them.

In saying that I dont see Davila , Kakuta , PVA or Lalkovic getting an opportunity any time soon.

9. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    PVA is truly farked with Bertrand step up. An option would be sending him down to Bolton, which would be a step down but he's likely to get game times. I think Kakuta can contribute as a squad player.

10. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we don't sign Hulk or another support forward, I could see Kakuta sticking around. It's a shame the loans to Fulham and especially Bolton didn't work out. It would have been interesting to see his progress over the last two seasons if he had been playing regularly in Ligue 1, though he got screwed even at Dijon because of a manager change at the end of the season.

It would be nice to see Malouda off and Kakuta given his minutes.

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    kakuta's been playing on the right too, which is where we need help, so i could see him coming back and getting some time. it's now or never for him though.

12. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    If Laudrup goes to Swansea I want ALL the youngsters to go there.

13. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    personally I would be suprised if all four of those players are with the club next season

agreed on PVA and think that Bolton with their thin squad and potential financial problems will be looking for a loan and a full season of Championship football could really pay dividends for him

I suspect with the numerous fixtures we will face next season that some playing time can be arranged for Gael

agreed. The definition of a make or break season for me.

14. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bolton are supposedly due a CFC loanee as part of the Cahill deal. Van Aanholt needs football regardless of level, they'd be alright.

15. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok so where does Josh fit in this year?

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    agreed. Makes sense for all parties imo.

I think he may stick with the first team for the opening half of the season and then depending on his playing time, or lack thereof, go out on loan for the second half

17. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i hear hamburg are buying players

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    give him a chance. Agree with fern.

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  20. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There are multiple Championship clubs who simply have too few players and too little money to do anything other than loan in Premier League youngsters - Forest for example have 19 outfield players in their current squad, including two young young youngsters, and will probably lose more before September unless some very loose rumours of a financial injection come to fruition.

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

the U21 Development League is really going to hurt the Championship imo

I think quite a few clubs will keep their players in that League intially to see just how good it is going to be

22. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    fern, what is the exact condition of Sam Hutchinson? Is his knee back for good, and is it "as good as new," so to speak? Has there been any definitive word on it? Thanks.

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

none that I am aware of atm

I think many were suprised that he came back as he just started knocking the ball around again while assisting with coaching/training at the club and as part of his recovery

things started to go better than anyone imagined and then we ended up where we are today

not a long term solution by any means imo

24. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But if Sam fulfills his potential he is supposed to be JT's heir apparent, very highly regarded by Jose. If the knee "miraculously" heals and returns to normal, couldn't he be as good as he was projected to be? Tot's King has a knee as bad as Sam's and he's generally thought to be their best defender. Just trying to put a positive spin on Sam's future. I hope he can do it.

25. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cant see that AT ALL