Where you from?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by shelbo, Apr 8, 2014.

1. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per The Cadaver's musings, TruffleShuffle started a Google map where Galaxy fans can represent their neighborhood.

If you're willing to play, go to this link:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zJFvgg3SGho8.kV2PQxZGs0T4

Log into Google, zoom into your hood, click the grey upside down teardrop "add marker" button, and add yourself. You can name your marker after your BigSoccer handle, or just leave it anonymous.

Where you from?!

Berks and MPNumber9 repped this.
  2. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where you from?
    ...or where you at?

Honest question.

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metaphysical question.

But I think the intent was to peg your home now so we could get an idea where our fans live.

4. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice idea.

5. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer, where you be at?

6. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    forget downtown LA. our data indicates that LAG should build a new stadium somewhere in Arizona.

7. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! We're practically neighbors!

Crimen y Castigo repped this.
  8. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer Where you at, in my neighborhood you say Where you from and that usually leads to a gun in your face.

9. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This map could be dangerous if put into the wrong hands!

esco300 repped this.
  10. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I basically lived in that kiddie playground at Willard when my kids were younger. At least it felt like I did...

11. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a pretty cool idea. It's fun to see where everyone that supports the team lives. I hope I don't get an increased amount of junk mail now...

12. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm...all of us in Northern CA need to get together during playoffs. We live like 5 minutes from one another all in Berkeley/Oakland (funny that we are all in the East Bay). Becketts?

14. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be in -- but I'm highly unreliable for drinking football funtime, as I have to be highly reliable for much shorter people. Penciled in, though.

Berks repped this.
  15. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you need a map for?

It will only prove one thing, and that is half of you are a bunch of knob-robbing, bandwaggoners who don't live in L.A.

Who have absolutely no connection to this team, city or county, or surrounding counties, and are basically the

antithesis of word "Front Runner". Believe me, if there was no LA Galaxy, and all Los Angeles, and Southern

California had was Chivas USA you'd all be quakes fans, sounders fans, NYRB and whatever else.

But real Angeleno's wouldn't sell their fandom to anyone. We wouldn't be a fan of Chivas USA even if it was the only

team here. Because if it's not from L.A. ...... it's not O.K.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  16. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever been happy? you should try it out... at least once...

Mapo818 and phoenixhazard repped this.
  17. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I think a lot of the out of towners are fans for various reasons.

I grew up in the Inland Empire, had season tickets at the Rose Bowl for a few years, then moved away, moved back and had a half season ticket for the end of 2005, then moved again and have been in Dallas ever since.

I like to imagine this doesn't make me a bandwagon fan even though I don't live in the area anymore.

That being said, I do understand where you're coming from and regardless of which teams/cities we're talking about, when people have ignored the local team for a "good" team in another city, that does rub me the wrong way a bit admittedly.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aside from the complete misuse of the word "antithesis," what a load of schlock. Get over yourself, TJ. I love how you rail that not enough people go to the games, watch on TV, or support the team, and then on the flip side you insult what you estimate to be half of the hardcore supporters who post here. You live in some dreamland where you wish there were 28,000 TJ's who all live in LA and go to every Galaxy game while ranting about how much the team sucks and how the style is horrible, the team is horrible, it'll never get better, etc., etc. Seriously, what do you want? You seem like you hate everyone, you hate the team, you hate the fans, you hate the stadium food (OK, we're all with you on that one) and you just need to stand up with a big sign at games that says "ME UNHAPPY AND NO KNOW WHY" written on it. I'm tired of trying to figure out why you are mad and what you want.

Mapo818, ragbone, Berks and 3 others repped this.
  19. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ Thank you for not quoting him. I t defeats the purpose of the ignore list.

I almost started a pool to see how long it would take for him to show up and cr@p all over anybody involved in an innocent fun endeavor.

ragbone and dashiel repped this.
  20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've discovered recently that the quoted post doesn't show up when you ignore someone.

BS has a great ignore feature. To me it just looks like people are talking to an invisible man.

shelbo and The Cadaver repped this.
  21. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are you all talking to? ;)

From what some have told me, if some gangbanger/wannabe asks you "Where you from?" you just gotta answer "No where, man, no where" and stick with that and you'll be left alone.

22. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL - where TJ put himself on the map. I'm picturing one of those ramshackle sheds out in the desert, and a guy peering out a window with his rifle near the door. Love ya, TJ!!

Berks repped this.
  23. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Not aware of that upgrade.

I am afraid TJ has fallen into the "please don't feed the trolls" category. Which is sad, because there was a time when his posts were really very funny.

Dawdler repped this.
  24. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TJ has been the LAG Bigsoccer troll for years now. IDK how you guys take him so seriously lol.

rokstedy and barroldinho repped this.
  25. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 Berks, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Yeah, so you're telling me I should support San Jose because it's my "local" team? I had no interest being that I'm in San Jose like once a year, if that, had no interest in any of their players, hated their brand, hated their craphole of a stadium, and San Jose is not the "Bay Area". If there had been an SF/Oakland team I might have reconsidered, but there wasn't.

I spend season pass money on MLS Live, have purchased LA Galaxy gear, have flown myself to LA to watch games, pay for FSC to watch CCL games, post here daily, and I'm LESS of a fan just because I live further away?

Get the **** out.

Building a brand means looking further than 3 miles past your backyard. Last I checked our team had aspirations to do that.

Hachiko, rokstedy, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.