Where to sit? (Sounder virgin, not opposing fan)

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Topher_Himself_ATL, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Topher_Himself_ATL

Topher_Himself_ATL New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to be in town (on vacation) for the 5/23 Wednesday night match vs the Crew. First time in Seattle, and needless to say, first Sounders match.

I am ready to buy tickets (through ticketmaster?) but I was hoping to get some fans input on where I should sit. I'm willing to spend $40 - 75 on tickets. I'm hoping to sit where there is plenty of cheering/chanting and energy.

A good deal of sections look to still have seats in them. Thank you for your help.

2. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I have a few tips.

1) The club section (205-213,231-239) is the sitting section. If you have kids less than 5' tall, this is the place to go. Even if its the sitting section, there are still some cheering from some kids. (Some dads give technical advice to their kids, you might want to help them)
    2) If you want constant chanting, avoid the non-GA sections in the south (116-120,124-128,rowAA and above of 121-123). They may be standing section but they are quiet and does not chant (except for some ECS members who also bought the wrong tickets)
    3) Weekday games especially in May usually have cheap tickets. I saw some GA tickets that are below your budget. I think you should get those tickets.

(Yoshou, I think you should sticky this or make an official "Where to sit" thread, which would serve as a guide for travelers/newbies on which tickets to buy)

3. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  4. Topher_Himself_ATL

Topher_Himself_ATL New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have kids and want to be around the chanting and general rambunctiousness. So it sounds like 145-151 including the Hawk's Nest would work out well for me, right?

My next question would be: where is the best bar to pre-game at with fans? Thank you for your help.

5. Cethe

Cethe Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first, to correct about upper 121-123, those are now supporters sections as of this season.
    we (yes, i have tickets up there) didn't necessarily buy them by mistake.

if you can score a GA or upper 121-123, that's where the singing, chanting and pogo'ing supporters group (ECS) is.
    the Hawks nest looks pretty good from where i am, but i haven't been over there yet.

as for pre-funk....anywhere in the pioneer aquare area is going to be pretty fun, and mostly packed.
    if you want to practice a couple songs & get to know some ECS, i'd recommend Fuel or Temple Billiards

6. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think that's the opposite of what you want. Get anything below row AA in the south end.

Usually, all the bars are packed. Although that is a midweek game so the pre-funk will obviously be smaller. ECS hangs out at Fuel Sports on 2nd and Washington. It can be oppressively crowded though, so beware. On the other hand.... March to the Match leaves Occidental Park at 6pm, so if you show up at, say, 6:30, it'll be mostly empty.

7. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Also, if you're into the loud supporters crowd, you'd probably do better to head over to http://weareecs.com -- purveyors of chanting and general rambunctiousness-- and "Say Hi" (it's a forum)... it gets a lot more traffic, and your questions will probably be answered more specifically and directly.

8. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'm not sure if you understood what I said. When I suggested you go to GA sections, I meant you should get the lower sections of 121,122,123.

It looks like Ajas and Cethe disagrees with me about the non-GA sections in the south. But we still all agree that to get to active singing and chanting, you should be at GA sections (lower sections of 121,122,123).

9. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Just head over to the ecs forums and introduce yourself and people will help you out. Especially since it sounds like you want to stand with the ECS for the game.
    www.weareecs.com

10. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sit in the "Dreaded" 122 section above the General Admission where ECS does their thing and we do just fine up here everyone stands the full 90 and chants/cheers without being affiliated to a supporters group though there are a few more ECS peeps up there now mostly a couple rows down from us but its not like they have heightened the experience, it has always been fine up here. So it's not a black hole. Overall not a bad place at all to sit! Despite other reports.

Whatever choice you make for tickets I am sure you will enjoy it!!!! Go Sounders!