Where is the Example of a Conservative Utopia?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Deep Wilcox, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    And you are making gigantic conclusions from a few small bits of information that you want to believe. Shallow as usual Matt.

http://www.framinghamdems.org/JackRob.html

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just had a peak at the American dream today. My daughter invited us for a barbecue at her new house today. My son was connecting her electronic stuf. I am looking out her front window at the beach and the surf. Who needs the electronic things. Just looking at the white sand and surf through her front window should be enough for anyone. She didn't need the government to get her that. She did it all by her self by working hard in the private sector. Too bad most people can't do that. They need the government to do it for them

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a great book. One that doesn't contridict anything that I have posted in this thread.

Would it have made you happier if I said Sammy Davis Jr? It would have made the same point for me.

4. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Is she hot?

5. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    If you read the book, then your comparison of Jackie Robinson to Mia Love is perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read on here. They couldn't be more opposite in their political views. The "republicans" that Jackie Robinson supported would be left of Obama on the current political spectrum, but of course, you knew that, didn't you.

6. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute. The government is giving away beach houses to people?

7. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of course she is related to me. In the process of divorcing her jerk off husband. They used to own a house in North Caldwell, NJ. Husband was an air traffic controller who was to stupid to hold his job. But that is good we are all alot safer on the ground because of it. They had to sell it because he could not find a job. So he went to ny to be what he was doing before. Being a NYC cop.they can't be a cop and live outside of NY. I am hoping someone does a drive by on him.

She has moved on gotna terrific job in NJ. Just bought a house of her own in Belle Harbor. All's well that ends well.

8. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry you aren't interested in trying to see what I am saying. Of course they are not 1 for 1 comparisons. Times are completely different. But the thing that they share is the message of self reliance, which was the starting point of this entire thread branch to begin with.

9. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Matt where do you live in Brooklyn. I am in Mill Basin,

10. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Windsor Terrace

11. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    That explains a lot.

So does that. :D:D

12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is nice in both places Q

13. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He likes boats and I like park access away from the Slope assholes. Not sure it explains anymore.

14. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I went into the city to see some friend the day of the hurricane when I got back I found I needed a new roof.

15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This, too.

What's even dumber is his not knowing that "Republican" didn't have quite the banjo accompaniment in 1964 that it does now.

16. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still going out of your way to not directly interact with me? How very childish.

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What's childish is

1) your rants suggesting that ignoring a combo of prejudice and power will make either of them disappear or become less effective and
    2) couching your gross inhumanity behind support of states rights- or allowing your fetish for states rights to interfere with the higher purpose business of bringing rogue states and individuals in line. Either way, you ought not want me to interact with you.

Chris M is finding out what I already know. Anyhow, we don't have any real common ground and there's no reason for either of us to seek any. Peace. Go vote.

18. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You know what democrats are calling people who don't want to be forced into paying into Obama care. They are calling them dead beats.

19. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Nope. They are calling them "free loaders ." There is a big difference.

20. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the Chris Wallace show Sunday the democrat kept calling them dead beats.

21. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I call people who don't pay their debts dead beats. That is not the same

22. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Who was "the democrat." If you can't be bothered to learn his or her name, then why should we care. And even if you did provide a name AND we believe you have the account of what was actually said straight, again, why should we care? Democrats say stupid things all the time, just like republicans do. I'm not bound by a slip of the tongue or stupid comment by one person, and neither are you. Now, if there were a coordinated effort to call people deadbeats, you would have a point. There is not. The talking point is clearly that they are free loaders and that is a talking point borrowed straight from the Gov. Romney playbook where he consistently said there would be a tax penalty on free loaders in Massachusetts.

I blame "the democrat" for being on Fox and you for watching Fox. If people in this country don't start getting the message that the cable news channels are poison, then we will sink under the weight of collective and loud stupidity.

23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Who pays for the house when a Noreaster floods it out?

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Pick yourself up by your bootstraps, Matt! I'm curious what her stance on immigration from poor countries is.

The U.S. has been Haiti's largest donor since 1973. Between the fiscal years of 1995 and 1999, the U.S. contributed roughly $884 million in assistance to Haiti. Among the initiatives United States funds have supported are:
    • Food assistance programs that include a school lunch program that feeds around 500,000 children daily
    • Agricultural development programs that have endeavored to revitalize Haiti's coffee sector and to help thousands of Haitian farmers adopt sustainable agricultural practices and protect the environment
    • Teacher training programs that have included 6,000 educators at the primary and secondary level
    • Population programs that have expanded modern family planning practices in many rural areas
    • Health care programs that have supported child immunization and have helped provide primary care to nearly half of the Haitian population

25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Some of those programs might be useful in this country.