Where does Magico Gonzalez rank in the worlds best?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by AguiluchoMerengue, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    What Condor said, is that in Peru, Sotil & Cueto are widely recognized as the most talented & skillful players.
    More than Cubillas himself (in talent).

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Exactly there is no doubt civilize is widely recognized as perus greatest yet in Peru in terms of ability skill and magic cueto and soil are the peoples players

3. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    there are thousands and thousands of players that never make it pro and their skills are absolutely dominant.

there are other players that are not from mexico, england or any other country with a big population and press.

that being said, jorge scored the best goal in la liga in 1984 againts one of the best soccer teams in the planet, he played next to maradona in which he did impress maradona and menotti.

the "english" market would never recognize it? the mexican market would never accept it?

who gives a flying f... :D

the dude was a legend, maradona had the balls to say jorge was better than him, better than him, who gives a fu.. what a computer geek on bigsoccer think.

anyway, to me is an insult to futbol that fifa wont include jorge in their video game or their top list of legendary players.

like maradona said jorge was from "another galaxy" and the fifa video game should have him in there.

the best player on fifa12 right now is messi?

could you imagine playing with Jorge on the video game? he would be unestoppable.

1. Fast dribbling
    2. Fas sprint
    3. Strong
    4. Shoot with both feet
    5. Great passes
    6. Great finisher
    7. Good on the air
    8. Free kicks
    9. Good with the outside and inside of his foot

:eek:

I cant wait to play with Jorge in the future fifa video games, it wont even be fair to the people that would play againts my team.

4. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You still going to Harvard, bro?

Jsean repped this.
  5. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    wuts dat? :D

6. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol that luck rebound goal he got? If anything, you can thank #11 for that goal. He is the player that ran past everyone, made the play and took the shot.

1. Pele
    2. Maradona
    3. Beckenbauer (videos?)
    4. Di Stefano (videos?)
    5. Eusebio (videos?)
    6. Magico Gonzalez (fly to Argentina and question Maradona about it)
    7. Johan Cruyf
    8. Zidane
    9. Big Brazilian Brawl here between Romario, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho
    10. George Best?

Lmao.. You have him ahead of Ronaldo and Zidane?..

7. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    are you that dumb? Jorge was number 11.

Jorge was better at free kicks than fat ronaldo and faster than Zidane.

8. Maurice Dollars

Maurice Dollars ¡Arriba Perú, carajo!

Jan 11, 2011
    Lima, Perú
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Do you know who else is all of this? Didier Drogba. He stopped a war and led his team to two World Cups. Not just that, but he was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Did Magico achieve that? Didn't think so. :eek:

This is one of the most biased threads I've ever read. It's equivalent to Balotelli saying only Messi is better than him or Bendtner saying he is one of the best strikers in the world. It's absurd.

Maradona also said that Messi was better than him (fly to UAE and question him about it). And he has much more quotes about his skill from much more important people than Kiko Narvaez and what's his name? Ah, David Vidal. Plus, Messi has won more awards than Gonzalez. Yet you don't include him in your top 10, where he would surely be ahead of Gonzalez based on your criteria.

I hope you don't actually believe all of this Magico nonsense, in which case: Quit trolling. ;)

9. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    messi fans have a very limited vocabulary, at least here on bigsoccer, all they can say is "throlling."

i wonder how many coaches El Salvador fired bc they didnt know "how to use Magico" :D

10. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Not everyone who posts facts about a certain player is a 'fan'.

11. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    fat ronaldo was better than messi, fat ronaldo showed up for his national team.

both great players but jorges free kicks were sick, where are messi's free kicks? :D

12. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    i have been watching videos of johan cruyff on youtube, he was a great, great player.

best way to describe cruyff was that, a great player.

how do you describe Jorge? spectacular...

that is the difference between the 2, spectacular means that Jorge was on a different level, from another "galaxy" :p

13. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You obviously feel very strongly about the quality of Jorge Gonzalez, but every time someone tries to say something to the contrary, you say, "Maradona said he was top 10, who cares what some guy on Big Soccer thinks." I think that if you don't care what somebody on Big Soccer thinks, you don't post a thread about it on Big Soccer, and you especially don't name it "Where does Magico Gonzalez rank in the worlds best?" when you already seemed convinced about the answer to that question.

14. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    well, some educated answers make sense, and let me rephrase that.

"who cares what some idiot on bigsoccer think"

i do care about the people that actually show some respect and make some sense, some of you are just ignorant idiots, to those i respond the way they deserve to be responded.

15. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguilucho, Magico, while an all-time great, is not top ten. See my personal list, done after extensive analysis, below:

Maradona
    Pele
    Moreno
    DiStefano
    Puskas
    Cruyff
    Garrincha
    Schiaffino
    Platini
    Eusebio
    Zico
    Best
    Beckenbauer

LGRod repped this.
  16. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Again, if you are not going to respond on a educated way, please dont bother.

;)

17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmmm....you do make some good points. I may have to revisit my notes for this ranking soon.

18. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    He is making some good points???
    ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDIN ME? :rolleyes:

Worst poster I've ever seen on the internet.

19. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ITT: OP rates based on youtube clips

20. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    bc Platini is from France and Cruyff from Holland am I supposed to believe it?

is 2012, we have youtube now, those days when you could brainwash people with not evidences are gone ;)

21. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    No you are not supposed to believe anything, but we as a society basically agree what it takes to be considered one of the greats in football, and these are winning either world cups, european championships, european cups, even copas america, and winning leagues in the top 4/5 leagues in europe, did this Jorge Gonzalez ever won any of that? because both Platini and Cruyff did, they won leagues and european cups, and Platini even won the Europea Championship, and both did extremely well in the world cup when they played, again something Gonzalez never did.

Gonzalez from your accounts only seem to had managed to win the odd game here and there, he as you said managed to beat Barcelona and Valencia but did his team managed to finish ahead of Barcelona or Madrid in the league during his time at Cadiz?

22. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    why isnt Argentina ahead of Germany or Spain?

Where are the videos of Platini? I want to see how great he was.

23. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the problem is that it seems "respect" means agreeing with you, and "ignorant idiot" means not agreeing with you.

The two questions I'd ask are these.

If he was so great then why is he not commonly regarded as one of the all-time greats?

If he was so great then why did no half-decent side want to buy him?

The fact that he spent the bulk of his career playing for a very mediocre Cadiz team is pretty telling, as is his strike rate in Spain. For a striker to only hit 59 goals in 192 games is pretty woeful.

24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gonzalez was not a striker, more like a support forwar/playmaker. Still, I am not convinced he is top ten or twenty ever...but I rank him, along with Maradiaga and Sanchez, as the best Concacaf players of all-time.

25. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    a video can speak a thousand words...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2aM0ecP4FE"]MARADONA & "MAGICO" 2 MAGOS - YouTube[/ame]