Where do you buy Sporting stuff?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by NorthbankHighbury, Mar 20, 2010.

1. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Where do you buy Wizards stuff?

I buy gear at games, at KCSoccerStore.com (down right now for some reason), and sometimes on Ebay.

3. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeah I was trying to get away from buying stuff at games ....

4. Boiler

Boiler Member

Jan 8, 2008
    OP KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Marshall's in both Olathe and OP had last years Long sleeve authentic jerseys and half zip warm ups at half price last month. I have no idea what is in stock now, but at the time they had a pretty good inventory.

5. flamepruf

flamepruf New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Jackson, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea that selection NBH is sparse. That looks like it's converting over to the new site (the old mlsgear looked different and had more stuff).

Give them a bit and you most likely will see the selection grow.

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why? I would much rather buy from the source and let the Wizards make the profit than anyone else.

7. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just today I picked up a pair of the Wizards 3/4 length training pants at T.J. Maxx for about $15 or so. I don't care what my wife says, I like them and don't think they look at all gay!:p

8. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Because I can try things on and make sure the fit ... Because I have somewhere to return things to easily and quickly if there are problems with the merchandise I buy ... because I would like to get some WARM Wizards gear before I got potentially freeze my ass off at the game next weekend without gambling that they have my (large) size available and items that fit?

There are plenty of reasons.

I have bought caps and scarves and so on at the games, I bought my shirt there and if there was a 24/7 brick and mortar store available run by the Wizards I would use it, but they do not do they?

9. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ebay?

10. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

does anyone know if the womens cut jersey will be made like those few illustrations detail?

11. jaggdd

jaggdd Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What would it take for the Wizards to get shelf space at local sports team fan shops like Sportz Nutz? If you go to Dick's, depending on which location and their unpredictable inventory, you can find jerseys and jackets. But for being a league official sponsor, the KC stores shove Wizards gear to the very back of the priority list. Robb, help out your fans spread the word of mouth around town with team apparel for crying out loud! You have an underserved market!!

12. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All I can say about the stadium availability is.....yuck. Hopefully they will get more new stuff to buy in a few weeks. What they had last weekend looked like a garage sale.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was all ready to buy one of this year's homes, but I wanted an authentic not a replica.

14. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeah I had a quick look as well...

... seems to me that a golden rule of business should be "don't make it hard for people to spend their money when they want to".

15. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm still wondering why KCSoccerStore.com has been discontinued. Was it losing money?

16. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Didn't the FO hire somebody not long ago to be in charge of merchandising, or did he get let go during downsizing? Seriously, if there is somebody in charge of it, he should get canned. The lack of merchandise both on-line and at local stores is extremely disappointing. We are stuck with this logo until at least next year, might as well let us spend money on it if we want to buy it.

17. jaggdd

jaggdd Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please, if anyone from the front office reads these posts, try to shed some light on why there's such a gaping hole where merchandise and team apparel should be. A local sports-team themed store at the Legends, Sportz Nutz, which is a few blocks from Community America and not too far from the new stadium grounds, has one or two MLS shirts available in a sea of hundreds of Chiefs, Royals, Big XII, and NFL apparel. And those one or two shirts buried on some miscellanious fire sale rack are for LA Galaxy and DC United. I walk into Dick's (a league sponsor) and if they have any Wizards items at all, it's one or two shirts, again, buried in a corner somewhere.

What happens when the stadium opens next year and a few thousand more mainstream sportsfans hop on the bandwagon? Will they only be able to get their apparel at the game?

18. glenthas

glenthas Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

While, overall, I agree with you I was at the Dick's in Zona Rosa this weekend and I thought they had a pretty decent selection. A full rack of Jerseys, shirts, scarves and hats right up front. Admittedly, less than other teams but I certainly had no trouble finding it.

19. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed. Every Dick's I have gone into, I have had not trouble finding the Wizards stuff and they have all had a full rack of merchandise. I'm not sure more than a rack is justified.

20. jaggdd

jaggdd Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's good to hear that people are finding things there now. I went to that very store in Zona Rosa at certain time last season and couldn't find, well, Dick...(pardon the pun)

One rack is all that's needed. I'm not claiming that the Wizards are a money maker like the Chiefs or Royals or anything. I just don't want things to be purposefully half-assed because assumptions are made that nobody cares about this stuff.

21. worldsoccer217

worldsoccer217 New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let me add to that. I was dragged to the T.J Maxx at Legends last Thursday and they had our home jersey (seemed to be last year's-with the yellow thin line on the side) for $14 also.

They had some in the adult section in different sizes and about 8 in the kids section sizes 12-14 & 16. Got one for my son and it looks nice. Not bad for an original Adidas. My wife said she saw some training pants and shorts but I'm not sure.

I know that it's important to support the team but times are tough and the way I see it if he wears it on non day games he's giving the team free press.

22. JROWE

JROWE Member

May 29, 2007
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can add to this as well, I saw last year's jersey at TJ Maxx as well. I actually picked up one of the training jerseys they had this past weekend.

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Liberty location did not have any. I am going to call around and see if I can track one down. Was any carrying a XXL by chance?

24. JROWE

JROWE Member

May 29, 2007
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Honestly, I believe the one on Metcalf did have either an XL or XXL when I was sifting through the stuff.

25. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So, I call the TJ Maxx at 91st and Metcalf to check to see if they have any in stock. I ask the lady who answers the phone and here is how the conversation goes:

Me: " I was wondering if you have any Men's Wizards jerseys in stock?"

Lady: "Wizards who? Is that some kind of team or something?"

Me: "Yes, maam. It is our soccer team that is currently playing it's 15th season."

Lady: "Oh.... what does there jersey look like?"

Anyway, they didnt have any in stock and it seems that none of the other KC locations do either. If anyone sees any, please send me a PM and let me know. I wouldnt mind picking up a couple.