Where do we go now? Dynamo Kiev 2013/2014 Season thread.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, Jun 5, 2013.

1. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #751 goliath74, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    So, I am watching Dynamo game. This is really becoming depressing to me. Every two or three minutes, Yarmola, Mbokani, or Lens run free right at the Tavriya net and shoot the ball wide or right at the keeper. It's easy to attack Blokhin for that but what is he going to do? He does everything to get these players in scoring positions but no strategy in the world is going to make them put the ball into the net!

It is funny how the only time they scored the goal Mbokani was right on top of the goal.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How was that not a pk?? Much more obvious on the slomo than in real time...

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow, Dragovic, just wow... Was that Blokhin's fault, too?

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And there it is. Even though Metalist drew, they had 16 shots, of which 8 were on goal. Dynamo won but out of their 15 shots, only 3 were on goal... Can't score if you can not put the ball on goal.

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    After a review, it seems that the bonehead move was made by Khacheridi, not Dragovic.

6. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol relax about Metalist. They aren't going to challenge for anything anymore. They lost their good players and the players aren't getting paid. Plus Markevych rightfully left. This is going to be Shakhtar, Dnipro and Dynamo race

7. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I do not think you got the point. My point wasn't about Metalist. My point was about how Dynamo players can't seem to put the ball on net.

8. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I know, I'm just saying that you don't have to worry if Metalist drew or lost. They are gonna have like Gomenyuk play striker for them for the rest of the season. lol They might drop to 5th or even 6th (if Vorskla try hard)

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  10. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Man, Dynamo's attack looked really fluid against Metallist.

Having Garmash back is huge, and also not having Lens on the pitch seems to be another positive.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    But the defense without Khacheridi is a sore sight. Just to be sure, it is just marginally better with him too.

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I was gonna say the same. It's a sore site with him on too. Rybka and Makarenko are the two bright spots. As for the rest........

Veloso and Vuko did practically nothing defensively all game. Some defensive midfielders they are...

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #763 goliath74, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    While I agree that this wasn't Vukoevic's best game, he is a defensive midfielder and a far more reliable player defensively than Veloso. Veloso occupies a slightly different niche - he supports central midfielders from behind and tries to dispatch the attacking moves from farther back. But he is a liability defensively even on his best days.

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro v. Dynamo u-21 played at the old Meteor today btw. Pretty nostalgic stuff for old heads.

Good thing, our field is a mess as usual so they're trying to save it the best they can for tomorrow.

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Vukojevic scored an assist, but overall he played very high up that game. He was helping the team press high upfield, but there was no one left to cover the center backs. I can't count Veloso as an asset defensively.

16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We need to do something about defense - this is ridiculous. Supposedly good defenders should not be allowing gaffes that Dragovic allowed today.

In any case, Dnipro looked head and shoulder better than Dynamo today. Dnipro look very good, they are, most likely, the best Ukrainian team currently.

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How many times did Dynamo kick long balls straight to Boyko??? Just elementary style attacks, caused us almost no threat whatsoever. Dnipro just looked like they wanted this game so much more, Dynamo played with no heart.

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Yeah, it was a defensive LOL.

I would say Dnipro's defense won this game, more than any other factor. Completely negated DK's attack and forced them into kickball tactics.

Also, that joke of a potato field didn't help.

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Blokhin has taught Veloso to pass to opposing players!

20. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Давай Серёга!!!

Support & Respect.

Please do well. You know you can.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They are liberated from a buffoon so naturally they will play better. He might be a decent coach actually, I like his demeanor.

22. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    #772 loden, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    He is a communicative guy, which is a must for a coach. I actually see our foreign players quickly improving with him, especially Lens.

I also heard him praise individual players (Gusev and Veloso) in a public interview. Praise in public is a powerful weapon. Best of luck to him.

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Let's put it this way - not inspiring. Yes, they fought to the end and did score the required two goals.

BUT: the central defense is terrifyingly bad. Until Dedechko's second yellow - nothing was working. but worst of all, and you all know I have said a lot about this - how can a team have 16 shots but only 3 - on goal? What is going on? Did they forget how to put the ball on net?

P.S. Dedechko's second yellow was a bit harsh but he was really late on the tackle and could really hurt someone there. I think it was a deserved yellow (which happened to be his second)

P.S.S2 - Lens works a lot and tries really hard but does anyone remember a good pass from him?

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    You're seriously expecting miracles in just 2 days following Blokhin's sacking?

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No, but remember, these are the same players we will have until Summer. Lens will not be hitting the target better and Dragovic will not stop making silly mistakes just because Blokhin is gone.