Where do we go now? Dynamo Kiev 2013/2014 Season thread.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, Jun 5, 2013.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I am so surprised you finally gave Gazzayev some credit, instead of the usual Chaban, Пёс, etc. I actually really liked how his team looked until it all fell apart.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I may have called him Chaban (which was his actual nickname since the playing days) but the other, more colorful, names I had never used.

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So, Dynamo won at Sevastopol today, 2-1. What this means is that barring the Chornomorets - Shakhtar match and the second half of Dnipro - Metalist match, Dynamo may, at the worst, be only 5 points off pace. At best, we could be within 2 points off the leaders. Despite the disappointing play, Dynamo are actually doing better than the last season.

4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    We're in second place. Wow. I'm not being sarcastic, just more like astounded. We were finally able to capitalize on our opponents' slip up.

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Last year we were 14 points behind the leaders at the Winter break. This year - from 2 to 5 points off pace.

6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    The leaders aren't as strong this year. Last year's Shakhtar was a damn strong team. Losing to an eventual finalist in the 1/4 of CL? That was a strong team. This year it's more even in the top of table.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Score was 0-0 up to the 67th min and we created all of the games chances but 1 up to that point. We failed to even get a shot on a 3 v 1 counterattack a la Ukraine/France. Score was very deceiving just judging by that. But regardless a poor result. Not sure I would be blaming Ramos for this one per say.

Has anyone even beaten us this year but Zorya??? Not sure, just know they beat us twice. They are a thorn in our side, kept us 5th place on the final matchday in 2008 with a loss to them in Lugansk. Took points off us a few other times since that as well I think. Not even that mad after the game cause I know their a good team this year, not surprised if we had lost points, still expected us to win though. Typical poor result for us at inopportune times keeping us from our goals :rolleyes:

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    You know, at this point, barring the defeat from Rapid in the Europa League, I am very confident that Blokhin will stay with the team. I did like a comment he's made about there being no activity in the transfer market during this window. I'm pleased about that. We shouldn't buy or sell any more players until we learn how to work with what we have.

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Very nice. It's good to finish with a relatively convincing victory. I think Blokhin should stay, this team is slowly improving. The key is to not buy or sell absolutely anybody this transfer window. Keep working with the same squad.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    After a few months of frustration, I feel a bit optimistic about Dynamo's plight. We're still in a fight for the UPL title, we're still in the Ukrainian Cup and the EL. Maybe I am setting the bar too low. So what? baby steps...

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I am hearing rumors from people inside the Dynamo's "kitchen" that 5 or 6 players are leaving and, at least one player on loan (Rybalka, I assume) will be given a chance on the Dynamo roster. No purchases are expected.

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I hope that's not true about the players leaving. There is no one in the current DK squad whom I think is excess to requirements.

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol at conceding first at home this game. Would be so funny if Blokhin stays

14. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Yeah, but big props to DK for being completely unaffected by the opening goal and continuing with their game plan. That was professional and cold, I liked that a lot. You didn't notice that part.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nah just mostly noticed the shit defending, letting a weak club come into your home and create 4-5 big chances. Would be epic if Blokhin stays lol

16. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Shit defending was in the first half, mostly by Makarenko who kept completely dropping his man. Shovkovkiy bailed the team out. But after the break there were no obvious defending gaffes. I'm guessing Blokhin put his foot up Makarenko's ass.

17. palffyfan

palffyfan Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    http://terrikon.com/posts/175843

Sounds like Surkis is setting the bar lower and lower for his team... On the otherhand, Gazzaev may have been a little nuts to suggest what he said hehe

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    So? This team is not that good, the Ukrainian league is more competitive than ever. I prefer realistic goals.

19. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Looks like we may lose Brown Ideye this fall. That would really reflect poorly on Blokhin. Why can't we play with two forwards like any other normal club? Wtf? What if Mbokani gets hurt? I see this as Blokhin's failure to be diplomatic. We need both of those guys.

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Brown Ideye wasn't good ever since the African Nations Cup. Perhaps, if he leaves, there will be another warm body in the striker position. Zozulya? Striker X?

21. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Zozulya? No way. He's a Dnipro guy now.

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Pretty sure we just signed him to a new contract a few months ago

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dynamo's next Ukrainian Cup opponent is Metalist. A very interesting 7 week stretch is awaiting us at the start of the Spring. Valencia - twice, Shakhtar, Chornomorets, Metalist - twice, Dnipro...

February 20 - LER2L1 Dynamo vs. Valencia
    February 27 - LER2L2 Dynamo at Valencia
    March 1 - UPL19 Dynamo vs. Shakhtar Donetsk
    March 8 - UPL20 Dynamo at Chornomorets Odesa

March 15 - UPL21 Dynamo at Tavriya Symferopol
    March 22 - UPL22 Dynamo vs. Metalurh Zaporizhzhya
    March 26 - Ukrainian Cup 1/4 Dynamo at Metalist Kharkiv
    March 29 - UPL23 Dynamo at Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    April 5 - UPL24 Dynamo vs. Metalist Kharkiv

And that would only get more exciting if we advance in LE and Ukrainian Cup.

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Tremoulinas loaned to St.Etien. Sigh.

I must say the current political situation in Ukraine will make it very hard to recruit top talent down the road. So the homegrown guys better step up their shit!!!

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    With Blokhin still around, would truly be impressive to finish higher than 4th in the league. I expect them to have a good shot to beat Valencia though.